Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How to find the best bits in Swinley?
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

Heading to Swinley this weekend with some friends but our usual local guide can’t make it. I’ve only been a few times and the one time I had no guide it was a pretty frustrating day with far too much fireroad exploration.
    Anyone got any hints to put together a good route from the carpark?
    Thanks.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Join in with Phil’s sex party?

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Its a tricky one, i’ve only been once with someone who knows the place- not sure how i’d get on on my own. The one weakness of Swinley IMO

rossrobot
    Free Member

thisisanotaspoon – thought about that but will be there fairly early doors and fancied a quick quiet one.

rossrobot
    Free Member

If it works as any kind of incentive I could return the favour with a similar guide for Stanmer 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve been there twice unguided and could never fine my way around the bloody place….

philconsequence
    Free Member

forecast is good, should be a few riders out early on… if you see people standing around on fire-roads, chances are they’re standing near an entrance/exit of a bit of singletrack you could explore, a fair amount of singletrack joins up with another bit of you look over the fire-road from the bit you’ve just exited. no matter how lost you get you’ll always end up on a fire-road and near a star post 🙂

hope that helps dude!

5AM
    Free Member

Google search has just brought up the map below. I used it when I was first learning Swinley and it’s not bad. The trail “The Stickler” has a great extension that is not shown that loops in and out of bombholes, and the Labyrinth is always worth a run or 2 if you prefer things pointing downhill.

The lookout is in the top middle.

philconsequence
    Free Member

that’s a map that a chap called ‘Kerr’from the mtb britain forum put online 🙂 handy but sometimes tricky to use if you’re not sure where you are on the map in the first place! can work well if you cross reference it with the ‘official’ swinley map from the gorrick website though 😀

rossrobot
    Free Member

Super helpful – thank you.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How early are you getting there? I coud probably do a lap* or two before the sex party.

rossrobot
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – thanks for the offer but afraid i cannot guarantee a time and wouldn’t want to mess you around. We’re having a lager/curry fest the night before so our arrival time will be dictated by our hangovers.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How to find the best bits in Swinley?’ is closed to new replies.