Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • How long would you wait for something off the classifieds?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

Hypothetically of course 😉

Bregante

Depends on what the seller says. If at the time of agreeing a sale, the seller gives a reasonable excuse for a delay, I’d happily wait a few weeks. If after a week I’d heard nowt after parting with my cash, I’d get in touch. Two weeks without contact I’d send the boys round

loddrik
    Free Member

+1

A week is nothing, two weeks is at the limit of acceptable.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Says posted on tuesday – not here still 🙁

bruneep

I think witch hunts normally start if the goods haven’t arrived within 3hrs.

Back in a bit, away to look out the pitchfork. 😉

mk1fan
    Free Member

Let the seller know it hasn’t turned up. The sender needs to make any claim for lost items of post. Time also depends on what carrier is used.

Took over a week for a drill to be delivered to me by Hermes. In the intervining time two parcels turned up via Royal Mail that had been posted after the drill.

ton

i try and get things to the buyer by the next day.
    but a week is too long i think.

scaredypants

a week may be too long, or rather “bad manners” for sending but (if WAS posted Tuesday) the seller can’t be held responsible for speed of delivery other than “not using a next-day urgent service” – unless you pay extra for something like this or they offer it explicitly.

RM don’t consider things missing in action for about a fortnight or so, do they ?

look at ebay – isn’t it 4 weeks ?

Woody
    Free Member

Ton

I forgot it was Saturday today. Your wheel might be at your work!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

10 days is more than enough
    If i cant get to the post office due to work,i always send them an email to let them know what is happening and when i will post.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

If i wanted it the next day i’ll go to CRC

Buying off anyone on here i really don’t care how long as long as it turns up

racing_ralph
    Free Member

the point is – will it?

scaredypants

some questions I’d consider relevant:

when did you pay ?
    did payment need to clear ?
    how long after saying you’d have it did you pay up (ie did you delay at all) ?

oldgit
    Free Member

I sent off 13 items on the same day, packets/nextday/standard parcel.
    Standard parcel averaged three days though two turned up next day.
    Two haven’t been delivered and that’s two weeks gone.

OTOH I paid £9 carriage on an internet bike shop order and that took 7 days.

What I want to know is where the parcels that are well packed and addressed go to when they haven’t been delivered?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

paid immediately (that day)
    No need to clear – paypal

Bregante

I’d give it till Monday, if it’s not turned up, let him know

amplebrew

I always try to get the item in the post the next working day myself.

I e-mail the other party to confirm the payment has been received and let them know when I’m going to get to the Post Office. I also give them my full postal details and contact number.

Once I’ve sent the item, I then e-mail them again with the package reference number.

I feel that it’s really important to keep people updated and also try and get items sent off as soon as possible.

I also only ever send items using a trackable and insured service to save any problems.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I was told that i was in the post on tuesday morning

takisawa2

If I’ve taken payment for something then seeing as its somebody else’s property, I’ll do my best to get it in the next post. I posted a rotor yesterday afternoon & its been delivered in Orkney this morning.
    I always email a pic of the receipt, let’s face it, with todays phones it must take all of 2 mins.

goog
    Free Member

28 days

scaredypants

I was told that i was in the post on tuesday morning

Do you think seller is lying ?
    maybe they can show you the proof of posting ? – as takisawa says, can’t be hard to do

Netdonkey

Ask the buyer how it was sent. I ordered a new mech hanger off a not so LBS on wed and it turned up today. Royal Mail recorded. They posted it 10am wed. If your seller posted it tue eve after last post then that might explain it.

I also had a set of brakes sent to me Special delivery off a forum and it was supposed to be next day. RM accidentally put it on a plane to Italy at it took 2 weeks to arrive. N**bs!

Benefit of the doubt for me, unless of course the offer was too good to be true and the the end of their email address was @rippingyouoff.com 😀

bigyim
    Free Member

Ralph is thus off fudge9202? I have bought a saddle off him and that hasn’t shown up either

racing_ralph
    Free Member

still waiting 🙁

bigyim
    Free Member

Me too. No response from emails now either.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

he emailed me last night – has been in hospital. Item was supposed to have been posted last tuesday, now he says it has been posted, when pressed about when it was in the letter box the emails dried up

bigyim
    Free Member

He also told me he had been in hospital with his kidneys and the item was posted last week but haven’t seen it yet

bigyim
    Free Member

Saddle has come !

fudge9202
    Free Member

Just to clarify the situation I was taken into hospital with recurring Kidney tumour illness and due to complications with treatment was kept longer than intended thus the delay in getting things off to buyers so can only offer sincere apologies but unfortunately out of my control.

grantway
    Free Member

You do have the persons Contact details ?
    Wouldn’t buy anything without that !

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Holy Thread resurrection!

Why has Grant dragged the coffin of this thread out again?

mattsccm
    Free Member

What ever you agreed.Maybe add 24 hours for the post.
    You did do that didn’t you?

Rickos
    Free Member

Bizarre 6 month old thread resurrection. Why?

druidh
    Free Member

Rickos – because the seller has “previous” on a currently ongoing issue.

Jamie
    Free Member

Poor old Fudge. Practically seems to be living in the hospital 🙁

druidh
    Free Member

Aye. Must be limited opportunities for using that Marin B-17 frame he’d only just acquired last week….

*What tyres for squeeky hospital vinyl? *

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘How long would you wait for something off the classifieds?’ is closed to new replies.