Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • how long before you know if you have been caught by a speed camera
  • headsup-spam
    Free Member

in a loooooooooooong line of traffic behind lorries and tractors in the Lincs fens and managed to pull a sweet but safe overtake only to find myself wooshing past a speed camera at 68(ish) on a 60.

when will I find out if I have been caught?

not a gatso jobbie with a flash, but one of the blue and yellow ones with the two lenses, one of which is redish in colour.

it was also obscured by shrubbery so wasnt easily seen (if that makes a difference).

ianpinder
    Free Member

is that 68 on your speedo, or actual gps speed, if 68 on your speedo, thats more likly around 64mph and you won’t get a ticket.

If 68 mph then you still probably wont get a ticket.

Local camera on a dual carriageway by me is set at 85mph

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I think it’s 28 days irc.

Hope that helps.

donsimon
    Free Member

in a loooooooooooong line of traffic behind lorries and tractors in the Lincs fens and managed to pull a sweet but safe overtake only to find myself wooshing past a speed camera at 68(ish) on a 60.

😆

Spin
    Free Member

Never been longer than a week the 3 times I’ve been done though I think limit is 28 days as said above.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Up to 14 days.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I’m thinking it’s within 14 days aswell

MartynS

I think the first thing you would get is an S172. This requires you to name the driver. This has to be served to the registered keeper within 14 days. You then have 28 days to return the S172.
    At this point you could ask to see the photos to help ID the driver (never ask for evidence)however you’re quite clear it was you driving

Make sure the 172 gets back before 28 days, but there is no advantage to return it immediately

Once the driver has been named they will then get the NIP (ticket)
    If you were just over and have no points you may get a speed awareness course offered

It sounds like a Truevelo camera they are mainly forward facing I.E will take a photo through the windscreen of the driver/reg plate.
    See what turns up in the post

If you have been done pop over to pepipoo, lots of really good advice

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘how long before you know if you have been caught by a speed camera’ is closed to new replies.