Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope vision one?
  • hugh_b
    Free Member

Looking at doing a bit of night riding so want a half decent light to mount to my bars. As i don't know how much night riding i'll be doing i didn't want to spend £££. Are the Hope vision 1 lights a good solid option? DO they provide good enough light to be sed off road?

Hugh

joolsburger
    Free Member

In a word no.

You could ride a tow path or fireroad but fast singletrack is too much for it.

Couple of headtorches and it work well though I've found.

Driller
    Free Member

I've got one and you can ride off road reasonably with the 240 lumens they chuck out. The biggest plus point is that they take AA batteries, so you can carry spares. The bar clamp works really well (it does on my O/S bars anyway).

Having said that they're about ninety quid if I remeber correctly, and the DX light (900 lumens) I use now completely blows it out of the water, at almost half the price.

I still carry the Hope as a back-up light, and it's handy for road use, and makes a great torch too. And it's a lovely bit of machined metal, which is nice, but knowing what I do now, I wouldn't have bothered buying it last year, it doesn't compare to the power of the DX.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision one?’ is closed to new replies.