Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Holy cow – I won a bike/bikes!!
  • dirkpitt74

So I’ve been entering the South Coast Suspension Dream Bike Comp since it began.
    Only thing I’d won was £50 credit about 2 years ago until last night……..

When I got the call at 8:30 saying I’d won the £8k Dream Bike!!!

Totally shocked!

Just need to decide what to get now lol

kayak23

Woah. You could buy a top of the range mid-range ebike for that!
    Well done! 😊👍

weeksy

That’s epic…. Can you buy me an S3 Specialized Status please…

chakaping
    Free Member

*fist bump*

longdog
    Free Member

Excellent! 😎

Does anyone ever win the stupidly big bike/gear/cash bundles for the likes of the Tour De France/Giro/Vuelta competitions on the telly?? I never have 🤣

MoreCashThanDash

I’ve always wondered if that competition was genuine, seemed too good to be true.

I am now very jealous.

leegee

Congratulations, I’m now thinking what bike I’d build in your predicament.

cookeaa

Is that Dream bike and Van draw still going?

Might be fun to enter again…

kayla1
    Free Member

Sweet! Bikes rock.

andrewh
    Free Member

When I got the call at 8:30 saying I’d won the £8k Dream Bike!!!

I think we’ve all told the other half that tale when we’ve bought a new one🤣

monkeyboyjc

The van comps are no longer going….

Well done on the win!

I won some forks last year.

Not sure if foxy is going to continue the old monthly format – last month was labeled as the last ever which is a shame – I’ve been helping to fund other peoples dream bikes since the start 😄

johnjn2000

That’s brilliant, very happy for you and a wee bit envious. I was in for the Dirt Fund Project bike last week but unfortunately I wasn’t as lucky as you. Enjoy whatever you buy.

v7fmp

amazing!

Congrats!

I wouldnt know where to start if i had 8k to spunk on a new bike. (well maybe a Raaw Madonna…. way too much bike for my needs, but it would certainly be a consideration!)

Any initial thoughts?

dirkpitt74

Thanks guys!
    Thinking new FS (Nukeproof Mega) and a gravel bike (Sonder Camino).

oopnorth
    Free Member

Congrats on the big win…exciting times!
    I won the Exposure light bundle on the weekly draw about 18 months ago, which I thought was epic, but 8k for a new bike…awesome!

mert
    Free Member

Does anyone ever win the stupidly big bike/gear/cash bundles for the likes of the Tour De France/Giro/Vuelta competitions on the telly?? I never have 🤣

I won a BMX on an X-Games “SMS your answer to” competition on Eurosport years ago. Thought it was a prank call when they rang me 6 months later telling me i’d won.
    And a chap i know through racing over here won one of the comps to get a high end bike and visit the end of the tour (Vuelta i think) a few years ago, he couldn’t go, but did get a full campag equipped team bike. Probably not far off €15k worth of kit at retail. I mean, just the bike was about 10k.

chakaping
    Free Member

Solid choice, Mega is one of the best enduro bikes out there for performance and value.

I’d be looking at that or the Trek Slash for a 160mm bike.

monkeyboyjc

I’ve absolutely no idea what I’d get – it changes month to month from an ebike to a full custom trail bike or some combo of both…

Jordan

Nice one mate! And welcome to the club. That’s how I got my HB130 a couple of years ago.

gnusmas

@dirkpitt74 congratulations!
    I was over the moon a few years back winning the weekly competition of hope parts. He used his discretion and allowed me to get a bike instead after I broke down on the phone (it had only been a few months since she passed away) and he learnt of what happened. With birthday and Xmas money (and some extra from family) I paid the extra and opted for an aeris.
    Really nice bloke is foxy, well done again on the win. Not sure what I’d chose in that position though

chrismac

Congratulations. Enjoy the process of deciding what you want.

dyna-ti

Well done indeed, and that continual entry has finally paid off 😀

I’ve been entering NL Euromillions for years. No bloody jackpot yet 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£8k 😲

That’s the kind of money that’s so far out of my price range I couldn’t even think where to start 🤣. Any brand I’m interested in seems to realistically top out somewhere between £2k and £4k, and I’m looking at Deore/gx models for under half that!

funkmasterp

Chuffed for you OP. I’ll win a set of brakes or the Hope box one day!

ElShalimo

Titanium Bokeh

jimmy748

Congratulations. I won my Reverb AXS from there a couple of years ago.

dirkpitt74

Thanks, set on a Mega – not sure on 275 or 297 mullet.

I’d be going for a Kenevo Expert, but that’s just me

Kenevo

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks, set on a Mega – not sure on 275 or 297 mullet.

Gotta be the mullet unless you’re diehard 27-4-life, futureproofed and best of both worlds.

The Alloy Pro looks like the best bang-for-buck, the metal frames are a really good weight and there’s not much point getting the carbon IMO.

razorrazoo

Stock on a lot of the Mega range is hard to come by at the moment, especially in mullet and 29er, a mate has just got an Elite and it’s really nice, I’d looked around for a Factory but nothing available.  Seemed to be a better choice in 27.5, though I’d want a mullet or 29er these days.

dirkpitt74

I’d probably go frame only and get a custom build as opposed to a stock bike.
    Lyrik or Zeb Ultimates, XT, Hope etc.

crazy-legs

I’ve been entering NL Euromillions for years. No bloody jackpot yet 😆

I’ll buy you a bike when I win that £145m jackpot tonight.

MoreCashThanDash

I’ll buy you a bike when I win that half that £145m jackpot tonight.

I’ll buy him one with the other half

dirkpitt74

Right then, choice is made:

Custom Mega build – Zeb Ultimate, XTR, One-Up dropper, Saint brakes, Hunt wheels, Nukeproof carbon bars & Michelin rubber.

Sonder Camino AL Apex gravel bike.

razorrazoo

Nice build on the mega, though can you squeeze in DT Swiss rims on DT 350 or Hope Hubs?

stevextc
    Free Member

@dirkpitt – congrats

more cash

I’ve always wondered if that competition was genuine, seemed too good to be true.

Funny thing is a local rider in a local riding group was bored (smashed leg) and whilst incapacitated entered stuff just to fill in time.
    He won the PB Advent calendar bike (S works Enduro I think) so we were all saying “I always thought it was rigged”, “always someone in the USA” … (etc.)

Funny thing is a load of people on PB now saying “yeah it’s rigged”

sandboy

Good skills OP! What a great situation to find oneself.

dirkpitt74

@razorrazoo

Nice build on the mega, though can you squeeze in DT Swiss rims on DT 350 or Hope Hubs?

Could do, but have Hunts on my current build and really like them.

stanfree
    Free Member

Well done , great to hear someone winning the big prize. An old mate from back home won a Ford mustang recently and a mate at works bro won a VW Caddy . Give you a bit of hope that the comps are worth It.

funkmasterp

Nice choices OP. I’d go mad and have a custom made short travel bike from Curtis or Swarf.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.