• This topic has 62 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Hints of spring
  • Klunk
    Free Member

out on the bike today, warmish sunshine and dry roads

very pleasant indeed

perchypanther
    Free Member

This will be a great comfort as I pass the gigantic mounds of filthy slush which are piled everywhere on my way home.

P-Jay
    Free Member

This will be a great comfort as I pass the gigantic mounds of filthy slush which are piled everywhere on my way home.

I was just thinking that ha ha. TBH it’s all but gone here in Cardiff bar a few hugh piles made by people clearing drives etc, but I was up by Ebbw Vale this morning and it’s very much still a feature!

somafunk

Wild garlic is starting to show and the tulips are out (galloway)

Klunk
    Free Member

there were daffs out in some places 2 weeks ago here

molgrips
    Free Member

TBH it’s all but gone here in Cardiff

Still partially blocking the road to Lisvane causing travel chaos.

qwerty
    Free Member

Yea, i’ve seen a solitary daff out. Garlic shoots are showing themselves too.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Still partially blocking the road to Lisvane causing travel chaos.

Really? I thought everyone in Lisvane had Range Rover and Cayennes for just such an eventuality ha ha.

Klunk
    Free Member

no hints about it today, proper lovely out today 14 degrees with warm glorious sunshine

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Big furry Bumblebee!

Its sunny and I can hear bird song.

Klunk
    Free Member

rode past this house just as a red kite swooped down for some food in the front garden, he wouldn’t repeat it while i was filming though 🙁

Scapegoat

Im out with the dog at first light every day, the dawn birdsong is increasing inivolume.  Lapwings are in big numbers, and the Curlews have been heard for the best part of two weeks.  This afternoon we were treated to a pair of skylarks hovering fifty or so feet over our heads and singing their hearts out. Loads of hares now around on the farm, and I have to keep the dog away from the hedges near the ponds as the Mallards are nesting. Lambing now in full swing, so the farmer is starting to look a bit frayed round the edges.

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s been lovely here in Cardiff, okay not what my Wife would call lovely (min 20c, no clouds, no wind) but she’s hard to please at best.

It’s hard to believe it’s going to be so different tomorrow – other than the fact Morrisons are almost out of bread and milk again – seriously, you’d think the panic buyers would still have some stock from last time, their freezers must be full to bursting.

jam-bo

14deg and very springlike sitting out the front of my house today. Snow forecast for tomorrow and Sunday.

perchypanther
    Free Member

6 foot waves and bitterly cold 40 mph winds on the Esplanade at Kirkcaldy this morning.

Spring my arse.

bikebouy
    Free Member

12C blazing warm sunshine here on the Solent..

😎👍

Klunk
    Free Member

lovely out today but it doesn’t seem to be getting any warmer !

IHN

Where are the pics from Klunk, looks like round here’ish (Cirencester)

Went out riding yesterday morning, it was lovely (bar the Cotswold ‘dust’ necessitating a few stops to free up entirely clunged up wheels). Pint and a bowl of chips after, sat outside the pub  in the sun 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t need many words when it’s this sunny do you.

Drac

Yup very warm out there today certainly T-shirt weather.

Klunk
    Free Member

Where are the pics from Klunk

Grafton Underwood in deepest east northants

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Trying to muster up some energy to pop out as it’s lovely out there this afternoon, given Southampton is expecting a lot of wet weather from tomorrow until after the Easter bank hol.

I’m struggling to remember the last bank hol weekend I had off that had decent weather all the way through, even jumping on a train to ride in The Mendips all day Thursday is rained out, arrrggghh! 😡

darrell
    Free Member

be gone with you all. still 2.5m of snow and gonna be minus 8 this week

CountZero

Lovely day yesterday. Honey bees buzzing round the heather plants in the back garden, I was assembling a new bird table while wearing shorts and tee shirt, flowers are gradually coming out, and a rather sad primrose I discovered hiding under an ugly evergreen shrub I cut down is a mass of blossom, a little hawthorn I dug up and transplanted to fill a gap in a hedge has now got green shots showing, my little apple tree is showing signs of coming into leaf, and there’s a crow out snapping off twigs from my silver birch for nest material.

There’s violets out on a grassy bank on the way home from town today as well, and I’ve got a mass of cowslips that are taking over part of the lawn and garden and they’re showing signs of flower buds too.

All looking good for later on.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

The bluebells are sprouting all over in my local woods, the slippery bastards.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Daffs are out in Aylesbury. In Bratfud they’re barely poking out of the ground

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

There was dust at Dalby Forest this aft. DUST!

Klunk
    Free Member

remnants of winter meet the hints of spring….. daffs, blossom but bloody cold 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

’twas marvellously springy up in the valley of the tweed at weekend…

Apart from where it was snowy obvs…

Klunk
    Free Member

bloody cold for wall to wall sunshine 🙂

still not much green in the trees

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Saw pair of swallows yesterday here in Devon just west of Exeter.  Pretty sure they’ll wonder why they bothered.

RoterStern
    Free Member

It was 23 degrees yesterday and blue skies! Pity I’m still ill to go for a ride after yet another bout of manflu . Even had the first mosquito buzzing around me as I was sat in the garden. Chucking it down today and down to 14 degrees mind.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Up  Clumps this morning in the sunshine. Still not ‘warm’ but windless and felt delightful. Bring it on!

DezB
    Free Member

Am I wrong to be laughing at Klunk’s photos of his Canyon? 🙂

hints of spring

Council man was mowing the grass outside my office window this afternoon. And I might get to ride home in shorts..

Klunk
    Free Member

Am I wrong to be laughing at Klunk’s photos of his Canyon?

🙂 I was trying to keep it vaguely bike related and as access to the local “off road trails” is currently under a couple of feet of water so i can’t treat you to pictures of my simple!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Just ran QECP in sunshine and long legs but short sleeve running shirt.

The Sun has some warmth in it, but the ground is sodden…

I got a bit hot.

Yak

Also just back from qecp with kids – caterpillar in my hair too, so definitely spring.

qwerty
    Free Member

Was pukka at Cwmcarn today, trails amazingly dry considering the recent rainfall. All good until i lost my chain off the front ring & the slack tangled at the rear mech almost eating into the rear wheel. I managed to limp back to the car park after 2 laps of a planned 4. New mech needed. Was great to be out in such fab conditions though.

bruneep

Aye its almost dried out.

colournoise

Not too far at all from Klunk (I can confirm that the delights of East Northants were bathed in glorious but oddly cold sunshine today), but a week of weather contrasts for me…

Tuesday on the roads.

Wednesday in the woods.

Although the sun made an appearance later on.

Proper sunny today though.

However, in spite of today’s strong hints of spring, most of the local off-piste stuff looks like a worse version of bruneep’s photo.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Hints of spring’ is closed to new replies.