Home Forums Chat Forum HGV bragging letter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • HGV bragging letter
  • andrewh
    Free Member

dfg

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

When I was working in Stoke there were some grid transformers being moved on the A34.

Like that pic you posted but with 2x tractor units pulling at the front and one following behind pushing/steering.

No idea what they weighed but the trailer part in the middle had a plate saying max 550t 😬

scruffywelder
    Free Member

ALE Trojans at play

Passed an ALE team at work a couple of years ago (think it was on the M4 🤔)…

The size of some of their kit is unbelievable 😮

dovebiker

https://www.nwemail.co.uk/news/barrow/16461634.heaviest-submarine-unit-moved-by-barrow-defence-company/

At the time, I think this was the heaviest load transported by road in the UK – fortunately it didn’t go far.

matt_outandabout

Related – when I did my powerboat instructors the course tutor asked us all about our power craft experience. A previous candidate had made a big deal about his own huge 7m or something RIB with some twin hundred horsepower engines or something on.

My colleague was next in line, and dropped in there that his biggest power craft was around 60m long and 5000hp….(ex RN who served on Endurance the icebreaker and arctic patrol vessel…)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘HGV bragging letter’ is closed to new replies.