Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • help – wide fitting astro-turf trainers?
  • ElShalimo

I’m after a new pair for my wide size 11 feet as my old pair are falling apart. I’ve been to a few shops and the new ones I’ve tried seem to be made for people with tiny or narrow feet. Many shops don’t stock above 11 or don’t have any for wide feet, so it’s a pain. Apparently people want narrow tight trainers for better ball control. When you’re a big fat slow centre half that’s really not a priority!

Do you have big fat wide feet and play footy on astro-turf? What trainers do you wear?
    thanks

lunge

Big fat slow centre half with wide size 11 feet? Are you sure you’re not me?

If you can find them Umbro Speciali are wide and fit me well, Sports Direct have them occasionally. More readily available are Adidas Questra, I had to go up to a 12 (Sports Direct have them) but they’re fine as well. Not sure they do astro’s but if you can find them, the UnderArmour boots are wide too, almost too wide for me which is very rare.

Hope that helps!

Edit, looking on the Sports Direct website they have Speciali’s but not the right ones, you need the proper ones that retailed at £70 ish (but never sold for more than 50% of that) not the crap plastic ones they now have.

scaredypants

I have flat feet – which normally means I need wide shoes

Puma King astrobooties are what I used to wear when I played. They’re for mowing the lawn in now 🙁

ElShalimo

cheers for that

Puma King – I tried them but the 11s were tight and the 12s were like barges…. the quest continues

DezB
    Free Member

Nike for me.

ElShalimo

Has anyone tried Joma boots?

lunge

ElShalimo, yeah, didn’t like them, they didn’t last very long either. They were “proper” boots rather than Astros though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘help – wide fitting astro-turf trainers?’ is closed to new replies.