• This topic has 31 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by GW.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Help me combat my Giant forehead spots
  • Dancake
    Free Member

No I haven’t been to the Doctor. The internet is anonymous and doesn’t put a finger where the Sun don’t shine.

So I get forehead spots. Not even spots – more like hard painful red lumps sometimes like half a pea(no head)

They come and they go but a few weeks goes by and POP there’s another one…Is my helmet doing it?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

How old are you?

Dancake
    Free Member

I’m 37, you know…

Merak

Pics?

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

You know – go and see your doc etc etc.

Anyway, is it worse when warm / hot? Happen anywhere else?

I’ve had similar issues but at your age I doubt it’s relevant.

Dancake
    Free Member

Only on the head…

It’ not a new thing. Always been a niggle for me.

GW
    Free Member

.Is my helmet doing it?

there’s a very simple way to find out

Dancake
    Free Member

Indeed there is. Ride to work every day though and the earache I get off my Wife if I don’t wear it hurts more than the pimples…

(she is in charge and that is how it’s always been)

edit not entirely true. Ordered some spokes from CRC Tuesday and took wheel apart that night anticipating delivery and said spokes are still “processing” My work bike is also my play bike…I currently have no bike

GW
    Free Member

does she follow you? 😯

Dancake
    Free Member

does she follow you?

Maybe. Are you suggesting I leave the house with the helmet on and take it off when I am round the corner? I like it…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have no words of advice other than careful – they might be trying to spell something

Dancake
    Free Member

Ok he wins

bigrich

rub a handful of lard into your face every morning.

emsz
    Free Member

It might be the padding in your helmet, normally they’re only held in with velcro so you can take them off and wash them ( you do do this, right?)

Washing with any othe anti spot slaps and some moisturiser

philconsequence
    Free Member

i know some people who swear by a dollop of sudocream on the spots before bed, leave over night.

tracknicko
    Free Member

wash your helmet.

philconsequence
    Free Member

paint a little face on it and use it to control others.

tthew

I suffered from bad skin a few years ago when working quite a lot in a factory with a lot of metalworking machines. I put it down to the cutting fluid mist, on hot days there was a visible fog of the stuff in the air. What worked for me was exfoliating face wash everyday after work.

DezB
    Free Member

I think it’s your helmet. I have a reason:

Couple of weeks ago I went for a ride at Swinley. Twas a warm day.
    I forgot my helmet. My riding buddy kindly rented me a helmet from the Swinley shop (I wasn’t going to, but he said something like “I don’t want to clean up the mess if you crash” (he knows me)).
    So I rented this blue thing and stuck it on my head.
    Next day – 2 large spots on my forehead, just as you describe. Old sweaty bacteria caused it, I reckon.
    I did crash, but didn’t hit my head btw.
    Get some new padding in your hat.

philconsequence
    Free Member

you went to swinley, and didnt tell me?

mrhoppy

If they poke fingers where the sun don’t shine just because you’ve got spots on your forehead you need to get yourself a new doctor. 😯

DezB
    Free Member

you went to swinley, and didnt tell me?

I’m very forgetful

wwaswas

If they poke fingers where the sun don’t shine just because you’ve got spots on your forehead you need to get yourself a new doctor get your head out of your arse.

ftfy 😉

MSP

Just to be clear, are the spots the problem or just your giant forehead?

tinsy
    Free Member

Serious question… Do you drink Diet Coke?

I love the stuff but even at 46 if I drink it I get a big spot.

And as said, hygiene.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Adult acne? It’s treated different to kids acne. Google it, loads of remedies/face washes with a particular product in that could help you. It helped me (benzine peroxide) or something similar if I recall correctly

kayak23

IA

Take your helmet pads out, pop them in one of those little net bags for washing machine tablets, stick em in the wash.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Or just scrub the helmet pads with washing up liquid and warm water. Or even better buy new pads, after realising quite how much ‘spring’ they lose I’ve started replacing mine every 6 months.

I’ve started keeping gym/cycling kit seperate from the general washing and putting a massive glug of dissinfectant (the strong pine smelling stuff you clean vomit off floors with) in with the usual powder. Reason, I was getting spots and occasional cysts (Ok acne is technicaly a cyst, but anything bigger than a baked bean deserves it’s own category) on my inner thigh and a few saddle sores which weren’t going away with sudocrem. The new routine seems to have stopped that. Just remember to set the machine to extra rinse otherwise I smell like a hospital!

logical
    Free Member

Less cake and clean helmet. Works for many situations too. Even with the ladies!

GW
    Free Member

Serious question… Do you drink Diet Coke?

You sure it isn’t the big mac that it came with?

seriously, what in diet Coke causes spots?

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Help me combat my Giant forehead spots’ is closed to new replies.