Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Heavyweight t-shirts, like proper ones
  • kayak23

Boring thread alert, but hopefully you’ll cotton on to what I’m after until weave reached a consensus.

I want some decent, heavyweight cotton t-shirts, plain, simple, in nice colours, but mostly black, and that don’t cost stupid money because of some label inside.

All the t-shirts I’ve bought from Fruit of the Loom or Gildan etc, described as heavyweight have been horrible thin, cheap feeling, clingy things. Why must they put elastane in t-shirts? We don’t all want our magnificent pectoral muscles cupping 😐

I’ve got lots of old t-shirts that just seem way better quality and have that kinda stiff feel off the washing line. Many of these are Fruit of the Loom etc but most have a print.

Anyone swear by any t-shirts in particular?

A t-shirt wearer pictured recently…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As Homer J. Simpson referred to them, a fat man dress. 😊

Tight T shirts ftw.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Nike classic tees.

They also do them in the long of body for those of us that ain’t midgits.

So I don’t have to wear XL tent to get coverage of my torso.

I don’t consider them costly as they fit without looking like a fat man dress and they last.

kayak23

Nah. No tight t-shirts. I’ll leave them to Peter Andre.

They don’t gotta be a dress either.. Somewhere in the middle is just fine.. No branding either preferably 😊👍

perchypanther
    Free Member

Tight T shirts ftw

Tight T-shirts for making you look like the only nobber in the village…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Try M&S, I tried a medium cotton t shirt with a bike wheel on the front, it was mahoosive, despite me being 6 foot 2 and 14 stone.

I love their cool max t shirt vests, wicked. But too tight for you. 😊

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

🤣 at PP!

bsims
    Free Member

M and S?

I have a couple of Animal T shirts that have held their shape well, not quite plain, they have a logo. The Quiksilver and other surf brand T-shirts that I have are not heavy weight but again hold shape well.

jonnym92
    Joe

Second vote for Uniqlo, specifically the Uni U series.

ton

fruit of the loom.
    capsule, from jacamo. if you are man enough.

kayak23

fruit of the loom.

I’ve had quite a few fruit of the loom and been less than impressed at their skimpyness and stretchy clingyness,  unable to tame nor compliment my manly aesthetic.

Alphabet

Have you tried Gildan Ultra? They are far heavier and a better quality than Gildan Heavyweight (which I don’t like). Gildan also do a Premium ringspun cotton which has a much softer feel than the Ultra and is a slimmer fit., finally they  have a newish line called Hammer which I think is more like their Ultra line but in a boxier cut.

ton

I use these in a xxxl. they are not skimpy nor clingy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fruit-Loom-Mens-Heavy-T-Shirt/dp/B00UG7WDQ6

wzzzz
    Free Member

Buy them from where the T shirt printers buy them from.

Fruit of the loom range from 61p each

https://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk/fruit-of-the-loom-valueweight-t-shirts-clearance-p9797

to 205gsm at the heady heights of £1.60 each

https://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk/fruit-of-the-loom-super-premium-t-shirt-p533

Look for the highest gsm (grams per square metre) fabric.

There are many other brands on theta website.

zilog6128

find a local place that does workwear/embroidery etc and ask if they can just sell you unbranded ones. Have a flick through their wholesale catalogues, all the brands do heavyweight versions. With Fruit of the Loom it is called Super Premium IIRC. When I used to do it they only cost a couple of quid wholesale. The difference between the best ones (which are really nice) and the regular thin crappy ones was probably about a quid or so (I guess it adds up though if you’re having a few hundred done!)

nealglover
    Free Member

Gildan Ultra and Gildan Hammer are both heavier at 6.0oz/yd2 than Gildan “Heavyweight” at 5.3oz/yd2
    I bought heavy originally and they are pretty crap, replaced with Ultra now and they are far better.

kayak23

Cheers folks 👕👊

aldo56
    Free Member

American Apparel are pretty decent for this but you have to have them posted from the US now as they’ve closed the shop over here. It actually works out quite cheap as they always seem to have sales on.

davidr

I really like these ones: https://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk/earth-positive-m17. First got them as a printed version for a charity but I’m going to order some blanks!

croe
    Free Member

Uniqlo

Part of a collection of progressive essentials created in our Paris atelier by artistic director Christophe Lemaire and a team of international designers.

Oh piss off, it’s a plain black t-shirt.

Mat

Not sure if the material would be as heavy as you’re after but I quite like the Alpkit t-shirts, I’ve bought them blank because I liked the fit.

Alpkit Blank Canvas Tee

Although at £15 I suppose not all that cheap

wzzzz
    Free Member

American Apparel are pretty decent for this but you have to have them posted from the US now as they’ve closed the shop over here. It actually works out quite cheap as they always seem to have sales on.

See here
    https://www.buytshirtsonline.co.uk/t-shirts-c20/crew-neck-t-shirts-c81/american-apparel-m112

selaciosa
    Free Member

These are easily the best quality for the money right now… https://www.arket.com/en_gbp/men/t-shirt/product.heavyweight-t-shirt-white.0527611001.html

footflaps

Fruit of the loom range from 61p each

Amazing how cheap blank T shirts are!

footflaps

Unless the cotton is grown in the UK, I’m out….

funkmasterp

Decimal point appears to be misplaced there Brant. £4.50 for a plain t-shirt sounds spot on. £45 is entering coat territory.

finbar
    Free Member

I tried on shedloads last Christmas in an effort to find the perfect plain white t-shirt for tie-dying.

Ended up buying two I was pleased with:

In 2nd place, Fat Face (but had to put up with a small embroidered logo on the chest)

In a very clear first place, surprisingly, John Lewis. Super heavyweight. Knocked everything else into a cocked hat.

CraigW
    Free Member

American Apparel went bust, the brand was bought by Gildan. Mostly not made in the USA any more. Are they as good quality as they used to be?

kayak23

surprisingly, John Lewis. Super heavyweight. Knocked everything else into a cocked hat.

How much was the John Lewis?

finbar
    Free Member

£15 ish maybe? Can’t remember the exact line, but it will have been whatever the most expensive plain 100% cotton own-brand one was.

aldo56
    Free Member

I bought some around 3 years ago in the UK before they went bust. Very good quality. Recently got some again and I can’t see any difference. The website still states they are made in the US:

https://www.americanapparel.com/en/fine-jersey-crewneck-t-shirt_2001

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Another vote for Uniqlo – I like the supima cotton ones

jamj1974

I’ll have to check some of these out.  I hate thin t-shirts.

DezB
    Free Member

Carhartt.

Bought one for my son last xmas, didn’t fit, so i kept it – superb, thick, soft cotton and a nice cut too.

Lolz at £45 for a plain white tshirt! does it come with a free MUG?

chewkw
    Free Member

Hanes heavy weight T-Shirt.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Heavyweight t-shirts, like proper ones’ is closed to new replies.