Home Forums Bike Forum HBC Homebrewed components warning/question

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • HBC Homebrewed components warning/question
  • emanuel
    Free Member

Just a heads up to anyone thinking of ordering.
    ordered and paid for 2 ch rings in june.waited 3 months,sent a polite email.waited another 3 months.sent another email.not so polite.no answer in both cases.
    I just found a comment on NMSB saying he still takes orders,but has stopped producing/shipping.
    So it’s not a one off/just me.

anyone had any contact / successful order lately?
    thanks.
    e.

singlespeedstu

There’s a huge thread on MTBR about him…

coopersport1
    Free Member

First order took 3 weeks, 2nd 3 months, 3rd 5months and still waiting no response to emails and there’s some different email addresses on the website I’ve tried too, not happy and out of pocket.

A right off me thinks

bedmaker

He’s had a ‘personal breakdown’ apparently so that makes it OK because he’s actually a decent guy, just struggling a bit.
    Glad I ordered with Paypal, I waited 3 months then grabbed my refund.

Most annoying thing is his stuff looks really good and nobody else does what I wanted.

Andy-R

I’ve got two HBC Middleburn chainrings, a 28T and a 32T (both red ano.) and very nice they are too. I got them about 18 months ago, so presumably got in before the big order backlog started.

coopersport1
    Free Member

bedmaker thankyou! I thought I paid with my debit card but just checked and I had used PP and have now opened a case to get my money back! 😀

Agreed it is annoying I have a lovely Ti 88bcd ring from him and would like one of his bash rings but give up now

emanuel
    Free Member

thanks all.
    Nsb is doing sram spiderless ch.rings,the mrp ones I have are great.so that’s covered.

the other stuff,well,there’s not that much market,But..
    too early to anything,but I have some ideas.

amedias
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘HBC Homebrewed components warning/question’ is closed to new replies.