Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Has Liz Kershaw left R6?
  • scratch
    Free Member

Can anyone confirm its permanente? Am I ok to turn the radio back on between 1&3pm on a Saturday?

33tango

New information to me- where did you hear this?

white101

I wouldnt miss her TBH

toby1

Hughie Morgan 11-2 then Giles I think. Not sure if it’s a permanent change, but no “Hiya!”

ElShalimo

Major schedule changes due to Covid-19

Lamacq is off for 3 months, most programs are changing

sharkattack

Hughie Morgan 11-2 then Giles I think. Not sure if it’s a permanent change, but no “Hiya!”

Noticed this last week, it was a pleasant surprise!

33tango

Awwh…I like Liz

CountZero

Don’t mind Hughie, but I’m glad I don’t listen to the radio on Saturdays, Giles drives me nuts – anyone would think he’s the world’s greatest musicologist and is the only one who’s ever discovered new music ever in the history of the world! 😜

Merak

Lamacq is off for 3 months

Noticed this just now, it was a pleasant surprise!

I don’t mind Liz, she’s endearingly incompetent. It’s only once a week, if there might be a chance that Lamacq and MAH could be put out to pasture perhaps on R2 that’d be grand.

In the afternoon spot I’ll have Ravers please and in the morning slot Katie Puckrik.

IHN

And, ya know, whatever you may think of these presenters, these changes might be forced by stuff they’ve got going on at home so, you know, apply Rule 1.

nicko74

Lamacq is off for 3 months, most programs are changing

…fingers crossed they realise they’re missing absolutely nothing from leaving him out of the schedules.

Downer: Craig Charles House Party won’t be live on Saturday evenings 🙁
    Upper: Craig Charles is on R6M every afternoon 🙂

llama

seems like they relaxed the weekday playlist quota this week, maybe I imagine

brant
    Free Member
    kimbers

Love Hughie , Giles can be ok , but Kershaw is tedious in the extreme , if she’s gone permanent that’d be peachy!

ART

lols – totally with you on this one OP – have to turn off if she’s on.

scratch
    Free Member

I’m not wishing anything on her or her family, I’ve just thought for years..surely there’s someone more relevent to the audience than someone who had their best years alongside Bruno Brooks…

sadexpunk

i tend to like the shows with my favoured music rather than the dj’s themselves, so always preferred steve lamacq and radcliffe and maconie. quite liked liz kershaw too, but hadnt twigged she was being called out as a racist…..

and going against the grain it seems, but the shows id always turn off are craig charles and gilles peterson. perfectly understandable tho when i dont like the music they play 😀

ElShalimo

Re: Lamacq it’s a health issue

Re: Kershaw, she’s just shit

banks
    Free Member

Is Liz Kershaw on here?

Nick

There’s only one thing better than 3 hours of Gilles on a Saturday afternoon, and that’s 4 hours of Gilles, excellent news, don’t get me wrong love indie, and its easily the best station on the air, but its nice to have a break from the playlist for a bit.

Del

Thank God. Odious woman.

ElShalimo

I’m amazed that she had a career in radio, her brother too

Right pair of “insert rude word here”

maccruiskeen

There’s only one thing better than 3 hours of Gilles on a Saturday afternoon, and that’s 4 hours of Gilles,

Is it only 3 hours? Feels like a lot, lot longer 🙂

fingerbang
    Free Member

A 6 music DJ, surely the most secure job in the world what with Huey Morgan publicly slagging off Lauren Laverne and getting away with it and the puzzling continuing employment of Liz Kershaw. With no redeemable qualities whatsoever and frequent brainless and inane links. She ‘interviewed’ woody woodmansey from spiders from Mars once and I think she had probably once played life on Mars once 20 years ago, so ideal prep. “So woody what was it like working with David?” Contrast sharply with for example Shaun K who knows his music and has genuine passion and warmth for his listeners and musicians

Saturday is my DIY day and I love having the radio on but often delay until 3pm so I can listen to GP, which is heaven. It skews my whole day so thanks Liz 🙂

She just seems so out of step with the station, which admittedly is very metropolitan liberal elite and dare I say smug. What with her bigoted daily mail views and rabid Brexit cheerleading do you think the likes of Lauren Laverne and guy Garvey are rapidly swapping round the table name cards at the word Xmas do so they don’t have to sit next to her?

BigJohn

If the Saturday afternoon change wasn’t blessing enough (double win, as won’t have the misery of tuning into a remote BBC WM to hear a crackly commentary of Villa getting thrashed) what a bonus it is to see Amy Lame off Sunday afternoons too!
    My workshop is a happy place this weekend.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Brant will be happy. His twitter calls her out as a racist every Saturday afternoon, or used to! Happy to have more Huey and GP – although do find GP a bit hit and miss. Saw him DJ in paris a couple of years back and was excellent in a club.
    Also i don’t think we’ve had hungover Huey for a while, not obviously anyway.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Has Liz Kershaw left R6?’ is closed to new replies.