Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Happy!
  • Cougar

Anyone else watching this?  New series on Netflix, I’m a couple of episodes in.

It starts off as a typical gritty action series, very dark, about hard-boiled ex-detective turned hitman.  Then a young girl gets abducted, he gets shot, and when he comes round he start seeing the girl’s imaginary friend – a flying blue cartoon unicorn.  It’s like Breaking Bad crossed with Roger Rabbit.  I’m properly enjoying it so far, it’s stark raving genius.  Recommended.

RobHilton
    Free Member

My flatmate has a rare talent of finding the weirdest stuff to watch – Happy! is a real good bit of twisted entertainment!! Was a little surprised at how violent it gets

rene59
    Free Member

Only watched the first episode to see if I should add the series to my list for later viewing. I did, but it’s a long list, more is getting added than I can seem to get through.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Netflix innit.

So no.

Drac

Watched it at the beginning of the year. It’s bloody brilliant.

chvck
    Free Member

Started watching it earlier today. It’s pretty entertaining, i like it.

edit: it definitely is quite dark in places!

bigdean

watched it earlier in the year. Its great, strange and funny in places. The insect party?

” I Shouldn’t have and juice I’ve had to much cocaine today”

edit: Starting to hate windows phone…

db

Watched it. Loved it.

senorj

Now on my list ta. Right up my avenue.

(says the person who completed Grimm!)

drlex
    Free Member

Thanks, Cougar – hadn’t heard that this comic got adapted, so will D/L to fit in between Preacher & Better Call Saul.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Bat fish mental bit of TV. Loved it!

hols2
    Free Member

Watched a couple of episodes. Some parts of it require suspension of disbelief. The escape from the hospital seemed to go a bit too smoothly considering the odds, for instance. Amusing though, especially the bit where he kills all those people while spouting witty one-liners.

RobHilton
    Free Member

Some parts of it require suspension of disbelief.

Like the bits with the imaginary friends? 😁 😁

hols2
    Free Member

Like the bits with the imaginary friends?

Well, that’s the premise of the show, so, within that universe the imaginary friend makes sense. Being off your face on drugs after being shot, then drinking a pot of coffee and fighting off an army of bad guys is a bit hard for me to believe though.

Also, if you like the mad ultraviolence kind of thing, Preacher might appeal. If anything, even crazier than Happy!

toby1

The pebble dashed wall plus face scene made me cringe a little, which is tough given how generally desensitised I am!

verses

3 episodes in and very much enjoying it

fasthaggis

Very Deadpool

RobHilton
    Free Member

Well, that’s the premise of the show, so, within that universe the imaginary friend makes sense. Being off your face on drugs after being shot, then drinking a pot of coffee and fighting off an army of bad guys is a bit hard for me to believe though.

I take your point, as it is set in “the real world”. But as it’s taken from a comic book anything goes??

The imaginary friends stuff, I guess, can be viewed as magic realism.

drlex
    Free Member

Very Deadpool

Studio pitch: “it’s Harvey meets Deadpool”?

verses

Studio pitch: “it’s Harvey meets Deadpool”?

I’ve been describing it as an 18 Cert “Who Framed Roger Rabbit” (similar to the OP’s decription)

derek_starship
    Free Member

Watched five this week. Me and Mrs. S are hooked. It’s fanbleedintastic!

leffeboy

so right.

senorj

I’m hooked too . Very dark and funny.

team umizumi (children’s programme on same channel) will never be the same as it really sounds like Happy!

maycontainnuts

Bringing this thread back as a bit of a psa, season 2 has started. Just about to dive in.

Drac

Yup started beginning of the week I watched E1 after nights so need to watch it again as I fell asleep. 😂

sirromj

Cool, had forgotten about this 🙂

Cougar

Woohoo! Cheers for the heads-up.

funkmasterp

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately this will be the last series too as it’s been cancelled 😕

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Happy!’ is closed to new replies.