Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Gravity dropper seatpost in 30.0mm diameter – is there one?
  • bullit
    Free Member

Anyone got one in this diameter and can recommend it? Looking at the "usual" ones … Joplin etc. 30mm doesn't seem to be represented.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

gravity dropper with shim

Northwind

Yup.

druidh
    Free Member

A Joplin is no more a Gravity Dropper than a Dyson is a Hoover.

bullit
    Free Member

fair comment Druidh – I should have said adjustable seatpost, but you got what I meant. Thanks for the info – will check out gravity dropper posts and shim combo , but I'm not keen on using shims with seatposts to be honest. I read that SDG were bringing one out soon so might wait for this.

Northwind

I wasn't keen on shims either but they're no bother,it's a pain if you're lifting and dropping the seat with a normal post but obviously you don't do that with a dropper so it's not an issue usually.

Rickos
    Free Member

This one – http://www.blacx.eu/blacx/ – uses magnets like GD but looks far nicer. Available in 27.2 with a shim to fit 30.0.

juan
    Free Member

Yeah rickos far nicer it's been due to release from 18 month and it's going to cost twice the price of a GD.

Rickos
    Free Member

247 Euros for the Blacx.
    £200 for the GD from CRC or $275 direct from GD.

So, 247 Yoyos = £219 and $275 = £162.50 plus the import duty, so around £32 = £194

I don't think £25 difference is far off the mark – especially when compared to Joplin, Specialized, KS, etc. – and certainly is nowhere near double, juan.

juan
    Free Member

247€ for a blakc where?
    Got a quote from the importer for a blackx 290€ without VAT (RRP)
    so around 340€…
    That's 100€ more than a gravity. Thanks

Slogo
    Free Member

ill have your old seat post!

Northwind

Blacx is also about 50g heavier than a GD Turbo. But mainly, I'd be worried about reliability, if you look at their website there's been a load of faulty jewels, a redesign of the seals because they don't work effectively in cold conditions (Italian cold conditions) which seems to be a paid-for upgrade, they only started hard anodising the friction parts after selling a load without it… All sounds like a beta product really.

But you're right, it's a lot easier to look at than a gravity dropper.

Rickos
    Free Member

juan – 247 Euros is direct from their website. And why would you pay any import and VAT if it comes from Europe?

I don't have one and have never seen one, it was offered as an option. That's all.

juan
    Free Member

Rickos direct from their website is good if you live in spain. If you live in France and shop in a LBS, you goes through the importer. So the importer charges the LBS a price wich with the usual margin comes out at a RPP to the top of wich you feed french gvt

Rickos
    Free Member

Whatever.

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

juan = most argumentative european ever!

grumm
    Free Member

I don't think £25 difference is far off the mark

My gravity dropper was only £165 new.

juan
    Free Member

Gee you'll find people more argumentative on the forum if you look for them 😉
    Ricko, prices are based on what it would actually cost me to go to the LBS and buy them.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Gravity dropper seatpost in 30.0mm diameter – is there one?’ is closed to new replies.