Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Grand Designs last night- anyone watched?
  • hora
    Free Member

Saddos here but, for me the kitchen was amazing- I was very sceptical about this ‘un and they must have had very very deep pockets!

Harry_the_Spider

I liked it but the better ones are where the owner has “suffered”.

Hiring a team of deigners and builder then throwing £1,000,000 is easy. I want to see them chipping off old paint for 18 hours a day in freezing conditions.

jam-bo

I wasn’t impressed. A lot of money for something not that grand with very close neighbours.

nicko74

I watched it on Wednesday and really wasn’t keen. I thought the outside ultimately didn’t look that historical, and the inside was just not very homely at all. There were a couple of points in the middle where the wife seemed rather miffed with the whole undertaking… And I thought it funny that at no stage did they mention the neighbours’ house, less than 100m away. They must have been raight miffed with the building for 2 years…

justa
    Free Member

agree with the comments

i watched the one last night where the couple renovated the water works..

the mother of all renovations…

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

null

I take it none of you will want to move in next door then!

hora
    Free Member

There were ‘deadspots’ that I thought the Architects could have utilised better and the stairway was hidieous. It would have been better going for a standard lookatusmodern glass walkway and in parts it definitely looked like a vistors centre but the back living area was mental! Get some creeping vines growing on the frontage and it will be stunning. I was utterly cringing at the begining- some foundations above ground level etc and thought the programme was going to be a car-wreck of ‘we are trying to extend a loan/mortgage etc’.

djglover
    Free Member

he was a right **** though wasn’t he?

vinnyeh

Like justa I thought the waterworks was a fantastic effort by a couple who knew nothing and had bugger all money when they started out. It was the first episode I saw and set my expectations of what the show was about- sadly too many episodes have been about throwing pots of cash at a pile of bricks or stones.

djglover
    Free Member

That guy with the church too, with the disabled son, who had about 10K, that was great.

NZCol

I seemto have become addicted to Location Location…i saw one last night with this guy that looked like, well I dunno really, pointy Jimmy Hill chin, weird wife, odd relationship, eco-loonie but actualyl seemed to be doing it more for attention. They ended up buying a mess with a rooted water wheel and a pad in brighton for his bum mates to come round and molest him while his wife video taped it*

Anyway, i hate architects, especially my architects who seem to have taken our budget and accidentally designed somethign that could possibly be built with a following wind for almost double. Somehow they fail to see the error of their ways. Maybe we should go on Grand Designs…..

* I made that bit up.

colnagokid

The forester guy, who built his house out of his trees, and straw bails- that was the best one. The rest, nice as they are, you could just buy one like it, but that guy it realy meant something to him. (sorry for sounding a bit ****tish!)

NZCol

Yeah i agree that dude in the forest was incredible. And also the couple that did that place in Leith

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Agree 100% with the above posts – the guy in the forset and the couple in the water works were the only ones which weren’t annoying.

It’s just an unbelievably formulaic and repetitive show which 9 times out of 10 is just bankers, architects and the like throwing money at vanity projects which invariably results in some modernistic, austere, clinical Bauhaus-esque w**k fests. Which of course Mcloud loves. Sickens my sh*t.

ken_shields
    Free Member

Isn’t there a new series starting soon….anybody know when?

takisawa2

Where the heck do a relatively young couple get £1m to spend on a house though…

hora
    Free Member

Wednesday at 9pm isnt it?

I must admit I like the ones where they know its a challenge from the start, struggle but pull off a successful project.

djglover
    Free Member

Where the heck do a relatively young couple get £1m to spend on a house though…

Banking Bonus, Previous Property Appreciation, Mortgage.

Not too hard I imagine

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Grand Designs last night- anyone watched?’ is closed to new replies.