Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Gore phantom
  • mikey74
    Free Member

So I'm just about to place an order for a Gore Phantom 2 jacket for £85 but I was wondering if there is anything out there that is cheaper that is worth considering instead?

mrchrispy

no

mrchrispy

where you getting it from?
    i've been meaning to get one for ages

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I got one a couple of months ago and even at full price it's got to be the best biking jacket I've ever owned. windproof, waterproof enough (thought the zips on the arms do let in some water). a little bit of insulation, excellent fit, useful pockets. The only thing I might say is that the front zip is a little fragile, but it's no great shakes.

Seriously, get one.

Matta
    Free Member

No. 🙄 I'm on my second after two years of constant use when the first one finally gave up the ghost, its the first thing I grab before a bike ride.

vrapan
    Free Member

where you getting it from?
    i've been meaning to get one for ages

Wiggle has them right now for 84.99£

Bert
    Free Member

I got mine a few months ago and am very pleased with it. Best jacket i have even owned. Definitely worth the money.

ginsterdrz
    Free Member

+1 Done cheap and different then ordered Phantom II. Just brilliant-well recommended.

vinnyeh

£78-82 at Amazon. Limited colours and sizes though. 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I prefer windstopper tops with conventional fabric on the back to stop sweat build up. I got an altura jersey for £60-odd (no removeable arms though)

sharkbait
    Free Member

Like mine a lot, although I retired it for the winter when I got an Endura Stealth. This weather makes me think I should be wearing the Phantom again now.
    These two jackets comlpetely cover my requirements regardless of the weather.

br
    Free Member

I've also a Phantom and an Endura Stealth, and they cover 75%-80% of my riding. The rest of the time I've a summer version of the Phantom (but without the zip on sleeves), which while still windproof is just thinner all round – wear with merino arm-warmers where required.

Had my Phantom 4 years now, will replace with another if/when it dies.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. I've just ordered a Phantom from Wiggle :mrgreen:

Hopefully I can get rid of my smelly DeMarchi jacket now 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Gore phantom’ is closed to new replies.