Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Good luck Andy and Lauren
  • Rubber_Buccaneer

I can’t quite work out if this is genuine or parody

https://cyclingindustry.news/andi-sykes-and-lauren-jenkins-depart-singletrack/

but on the assumption it is true good luck for the future Andy, Lauren and Chipps 🍻

thepurist

There was a post about Lauren a while ago saying she was off, don’t really seeing anything about Andi though. I’m disappointed he won’t be showing us his megasack this Christmas.

tomhoward

Andi has mentioned it in his Instagram stories.

Best of luck to both.

singletrackandi

Thanks guys, it has been an interesting 5 years. Now to plan for the future 👍

sharkattack

So there’s a vacancy for someone to ride loads of flash new bikes around the Peak?

Oh, and good luck.

nickc

Good luck Andi Big shoes to fill.

Esme
    Free Member

I can’t quite work out if this is genuine or parody:
    Ad Sales Manager, Ross Demain added: ‘We’re planning ahead and responding to the industry’s desire for more product focussed content, as well as branded stories and innovative advertising beyond traditional display ads. It’s a great time to get in touch and make sure your brands are featured in the exciting times ahead.”

sillyoldman

Miss the old days with Benji, Matt and Jon.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Singletrack, never ones to miss an opportunity to advertise…..

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Singletrack, never ones to miss an opportunity to advertise…..

They aren’t making as much from the distributed cryptocurrency mining these days, or maybe not….

I can’t quite work out if this is genuine or parody:

It won’t be parody, look at the content that GCN push out, that’s the future in print or video format

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m sure Andi is very nice but it’ll be great to have an actual journalist replace him who can check for their own typos.

kelvin

Good luck with future things!

leffeboy

I will be soooo happy when we don’t have to have ‘innovation’ with everything any more 🙁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Singletrack posters, never ones to miss an opportunity to advertise criticise…..

FTFY

Rubber_Buccaneer

@singletrackandi are you staying in the cycle trade or getting a proper job? 🙂

BadlyWiredDog

I’m sure Andi is very nice but it’ll be great to have an actual journalist replace him who can check for their own typos.

As an ‘actual journalist’, I’d just like to point out that it’s deceptively difficult to sub your own copy. That’s why sub-editors – used to – exist. The problem is that stuff tends to read as you thought it did rather than as it actually does, if that makes even one jot of sense. Top tip: if you have to sub your own writing, come back to it a day later when you’ve forgotten what you meant in the first place…

footflaps

As an ‘actual journalist’, I’d just like to point out that it’s deceptively difficult to sub your own copy. That’s why sub-editors – used to – exist. The problem is that stuff tends to read as you thought it did rather than as it actually does, if that makes even one jot of sense.

+1

one_bad_mofo

As an ‘actual journalist’, I’d just like to point out that it’s deceptively difficult to sub your own copy. That’s why sub-editors – used to – exist. The problem is that stuff tends to read as you thought it did rather than as it actually does, if that makes even one jot of sense. Top tip: if you have to sub your own writing, come back to it a day later when you’ve forgotten what you meant in the first place…

+2

singletrackandi

@Rubber_Buccaneer At this moment I have no plans to do anything except for riding my bike ✌️ While leaving STW has been on my mind for a while, the decision was quite sudden so I have nothing in place at this time. I can say that I WONT be getting a proper job though 😂 If anyone ever wants to ride in the Peaks give me a shout 🎉

andybrad

having met Andi ill say it was a pleasure and i wish you all the best in the future.

Is this Hanna’s new management culture? 😉

singletrackandi

@andybrad 😂😂

footflaps

Is this Hanna’s new management culture? 😉

Hannah said he could only test Gravel bikes….

Sandwich

Will Krusty or Sideshow Bob be filling these big shoes?

singletrackandi

@footflaps haha, nope! It was (still is) up to me what I ride and test, which is why there is a gravel bike test in the upcoming mag😂 I do quite enjoy a gravel ride when I’m not riding ‘proper’ bikes 😂

generalmtb
    Free Member

Long time forum reader but I’ve only just started joining conversations. Still it will be sad to see Andy, Lauren and Chipps go. Wish you all luck in whatever the future brings.

labsey
    Free Member

Try reading it backwards too, somebody once told me.

Best of luck Andi & Lauren!

footflaps

and Chipps go

Had Chipps gone? Thought he just had a ‘less defined’ role?

shermer75
    Free Member

Looks like Chipps is going to be Editor-at-large. And moving the Pyrenees, the lucky bugger

P20

All the best to you both and thank you!

funkmasterp

Good luck to you in whatever you decide to do next.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Still it will be sad to see Andy, Lauren and Chipps go. Wish you all luck in whatever the future brings.

As everyone should, I wish them well and good luck in whatever is next.

brakestoomuch

@andybrad, you might be on to something. The last time I heard someone say their time at a company has been “interesting”, they were just being polite 🙂

brakestoomuch

Oops, forgot to say, good luck Andi in whatever you decide comes next.

singletrackandi

@brakestoomuch thanks mate 👍👍

chipps

Yep, I’m still here, still editing and commissioning the magazine and doing that creative ‘vision’ thing 🙂

I’m just not in the office these days… (Not that many of us were over the last 18 months, anyway.)

footflaps

Yep, I’m still here, still editing and commissioning the magazine and doing that creative ‘vision’ thing

Will you still be writing the intro to each magazine, always enjoyed reading that philosophical half page on cycling life….

claudie

And another good luck Andi from me also, you’ll be missed

Edukator
    Free Member

And moving the Pyrenees,

That’s going to be quite a task.

I’m mostly in Pau, Chipps, in case you want to give me a wide berth. I can let you know which MTB club not to join too. 😉

singletrackandi

@claudie thank you, but I’m sure you’ll see me about 😉

chipps

Will you still be writing the intro to each magazine, always enjoyed reading that philosophical half page on cycling life…

Absolutely! I’ll still be writing the editorial. It’s nice to know that people actually read it 😊 Usually takes me a month to work out what I’m going to say, but once I have, it only takes 20 minutes to write.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Good luck Andy and Lauren’ is closed to new replies.