Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Giant Anthem 29 sizing
  • Clink

Anyone at 5’10” riding a large in one of the new Anthem 29s? I had a medium until recently which had seat post at max extension, but worried about 490mm seat tube and reduced standover on the large. I would defiantly have to put on a shorter stem that the stock 80mm on the large.

mick_r

I’m 5’10” and on a large 2018 model. Just had room to run a Thomson dropper post for last summer in the Alps. Did some hairy stuff for an XC bike in Verbier and it never felt too big. My first FS in 30 years of mtb so 90mm travel seemed plenty 🙂

Std stem but swapped to flat 12 deg sweep bars which moves hands back slightly. Stem is Giant oversize thing with a shim but steerer is regular 28.6 mm so no problem to swap to something shorter.

Clink

Cheers mick_r that’s really helpful.

mick_r

No problem. If you’ve got a good Giant dealer they can normally get a demo in direct from Giant for you to try. It was actually the (unridden) shop ex-demo that I bought – Giant wanted them to have a range of demo bikes, and for some reason the E-bike and enduro options were more popular 🙂

If you can hang on a bit, all the 2018 Giant stock went 20% off in July last year….

Clink

Just a thought – have you got any pics to show seat post extension, saddle height etc?

mick_r

Hopefully this works – it is the only photo I’ve got (bike jammed into a cable car last summer).
    I can get some measurements tonight if you want.

mick_r

Just had a quick measure so you can compare to photo. Top of seat collar, up seatpost centreline to saddle rail centreline is 210mm.

Bb centre to top of saddle (roughly in middle of saddle / up centre of effective seat tube) is 740mm.

Hope that helps!

Clink

Fab – perhaps you should charge commission!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Giant Anthem 29 sizing’ is closed to new replies.