• This topic has 305 replies, 106 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 306 total)
  • #TOTW Ghosts – do they exist?
  • fasthaggis

My cousin’s a Psychic Investigator and loves a bit of Biofield work ,message me if you want your Aura filmed 🙂

IdleJon

I experience that all too often, it’s my eldest leaving the living room door open and sitting down in her Ooodie.

One of the stories above, about slamming doors and lights on/off had me thinking the same as you.

It’s amazing how often the oven turns itself on, or the lights, or the front door unlocks itself, or items mysteriously get damaged. The whole family swear innocence and the cat looks unconcerned. Meanwhile, our resident poltergeist gets the blame.

Talking of poltergeists – this was in the neighbourhood: https://archive.org/details/twitter-936939267053338624

Cougar

How comes ghosts are usually in Edwardian/Victorian clothing? Why no shell suit clad ghostly visitors?

Maybe they have a limited afterlife? It’ll be a couple of hundred years before we start seeing ghosts in hoodies complaining about facemasks.

Cougar

Talking of poltergeists – this was in the neighbourhood:

Better link:

Cougar

My cousin’s a Psychic Investigator and loves a bit of Biofield work ,message me if you want your Aura filmed 🙂

You know, I’m half-tempted to take you up on that.

fasthaggis

Only joking Cougar,I wouldn’t want any of you lot bothering her ;-)🤣🙃

She’s lovely though ,has some great stories about doing overnighters at (allegedly) haunted sites ,and doesn’t try to hard sell/preach any of her beliefs or theories.

kennyp
    Free Member

So you’re basically describing a thought experiment? These things don’t exist, but if they did it must be because of something else that doesn’t exist.

You’re not understanding thought experiments now as well.

Cougar

Perhaps. Thanks for the helpful explanation.

Cougar

She’s lovely though ,has some great stories about doing overnighters at (allegedly) haunted sites

I’ve had a few overnighters with some dodgy spirits. Never saw any ghosts though.

SSS
    Free Member

I dont believe myself, but open minded to the possibility.
    My parent own(ed) a farm and my grandmother and my mother passed away there. Its the kind of thing you’d expect to maybe see some ghostly goings on, even with my imagination.

Nothing, not a thing from both these passings even however much i wished it to happen.

However…..
    One day I was driving round the back of the Farm, and as I drove into the coutyard, kind of around dusk, going into night, i could see a man walking into one of the barns. He was dressed like my father so assumed it was him. As i got out the car and went into the barn calling his name, i switched on the lights. No one there. It didnt feel ghostly or unnerving. But i cant explain it.

When I tell people what happened, they assume it was after my father passed away. It wasnt, we has still alive then and was out for shopping.

That only ever happened the once.

spicer
    Free Member

I read this thread. Went downstairs and pressed play on the Sonos, and the song that came on was called ‘spooky’.

Explain that.

Richie_B

I spend a significant chunk of my life working alone in historic buildings and ruins. Your brain has evolved to identify risks before the risk gets within eating distance of you so it fills in gaps in what your senses have detected.

I don’t believe in ghosts but I have experienced plenty of places with pretty un-earthly sound/light effects which took a while to track down (The best was a rope flapping against a metal flag pole which by the time it had been transmitted through three levels of napoleonic gun fort had transformed itself into a low moaning sound).

Old buildings, and quite a few modern buildings, make odd sounds as they warm up, cool down, or the plumbing tries to remember how it is supposed to work.

When you are working in spaces you aren’t comfortable with, like a room partially filled with 6’ long very old wooden & lead boxes, it doesn’t matter how much PPE you have on because your subconscious is fully aware of all the potential things the occupants could potentially have expired from and is working overdrive to get you out of there. A determined brain will give shadows at the edge of your vision cast by your head torch long bony fingers and the unexpected bat staring back at you out of the crack in the ceiling will definitely have long teeth.

johndoh
    Free Member

message me if you want your Aura filmed

Know what I mean? Know what I mean? Nudge nudge. Nudge nudge. Know what I mean? Say no more…know what I mean?

blokeuptheroad

I spend a significant chunk of my life working alone in historic buildings and ruins.

When you are working in spaces you aren’t comfortable with, like a room partially filled with 6’ long very old wooden & lead boxes

You are Van Helsing AICMFP!

if @Richie_B, whose job description makes him sound like a professional vampire hunter doesn’t believe in ghosts, I’m sure as hell not going to!

fasthaggis

I’ve had a few overnighters with some dodgy spirits. Never saw any ghosts though.

Neither did they …… EVER 🙂
    All those nights of sitting in the dark,cameras and sound gear recording ,and all the while desperately trying not to fart. 🙂 🤣

chewkw
    Free Member

It is a form of energy (with intelligence, after all that energy comes from us) or memory that lingers in time and space (dimensions) but we like to call them ghosts.

Energy = electricity?

However, most of the energy has “short-term memory” and will keep repeating themselves like a broken record because they are stuck in a particular time and space. Hence, people who commit suicide will have their energy repeating the action constantly without the ability to stop it.

For those who had encountered ghosts, the ghosts (energy that is stuck) are either there to let you know of their present or as we say you have just tuned in the right frequency, hence able to see them.

Having said that energy force can either be positive or negative i.e. good and evil.

If you wish you can go into different description of energies and this is where you find different categories like demons, goblins, whatever etc. Interestingly, some of this energy will affect your brainwave just like they say that the evil ones (negative energy) are telling you to do things and affect your behaviour.

How long will the energy force remains in a particular location of the time and space is difficult to say. What cause them to stay is unclear.

Nevertheless, we are not as mechanical as we think we are as our mechanical body requires energy to power it just like “electricity”.

Oh ya for those skeptics I would say their concept of human beings is just a mechanical vessel and hence when their body dies they are recycled as fertiliser. What they are missing in their explanation is how the energy force will dissipate, after all the machine did store some “energy” in the battery when it was working.

Richie_B

You are Van Helsing AICMFP!

More a sweary gollum

Drac

So did the woman from Swansea manage to get out of paying her mortgage?

Well I think we can forget about fusion, we just need to tap into ghosts for an never ending pollution free source.

blokeuptheroad

A round of applause for chewkw for his rational, well argued and convincing explanation. I’m glad that’s all cleared up…

chewkw
    Free Member

A round of applause for chewkw for his rational, well argued and convincing explanation. I’m glad that’s all cleared up…

Therefore, ghosts are real. The reason you cannot see them is because you do not know or have the ability to tune into their frequency.

fasthaggis

Well,jings crivens and help ma wee Bob,that truly is a revelation.
    As that pop group combo The Monkees once sang :-

I thought ghosts were only true in fairy tales
    Meant for someone else but not for me
    But they were out to get me (do doot do do)
    That’s the way it seemed (do doot do do)
    Disappointment haunted all of my dreams
    Then I saw a Wraith, now I’m a believer
    Not a trace of doubt in my mind
    I’m in awwwwwwwe
    I’m a believer, I couldn’t leave them if I tried

johndoh
    Free Member

The reason you cannot see them is because you do not know or have the ability to tune into their frequency.

I once had a shit DAB radio like that.

Drac

The reason you cannot see them is because you do not know or have the ability to tune into their frequency.

Is that because they’re still on Long Wave? Can’t they switch to DAB?

Cougar

I once had a shit DAB radio like that.

Was it in a Vauxhall Vectra?

What they are missing in their explanation is how the energy force will dissipate

What you’re missing is that your “energy force” concept is gibberish.

Rockape63
    Free Member

There’s definitely something going on that we have no understanding of…..far too many strange occurences over the years for there not to be. Its something that we may never understand, because its not understandable!

Hope that clears it up nicely?

blokeuptheroad

Therefore, ghosts are real. The reason you cannot see them is because you do not know or have the ability to tune into their frequency.

So only people who already believe in ghosts will see them? That actually makes some weird sense and chimes with my experience. Those who are predisposed to believe in supernatural shizzle due to culture, religion, upbringing or whatever are the ones who ‘see’ dead people whilst the rest of us don’t.

prettygreenparrot

Ghosts? 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Keva
    Free Member

I read this thread. Went downstairs and pressed play on the Sonos, and the song that came on was called ‘spooky’.

Explain that.

I can’t, but similarly after reading this last page I switched my ipod on to play some tunes and guess which album was lined up to play… Ghost in the Machine.
    Definitely something weird going on around here.

dyna-ti

(The best was a rope flapping against a metal flag pole which by the time it had been transmitted through three levels of Napoleonic gun fort had transformed itself into a low moaning sound).

I’ve had similar.

Many moons ago I used to work on the door of a dance hall in Glasgow called the Plaza Ballroom. One Sunday I got put down in the gents cloakroom, which is downstairs and really really quiet. And on a  Sunday not much is happening so you spend a fair bit of time sitting doing nothing.

I’m standing in front of the coat racks and i became aware of a rhythmic rasping, almost like breathing sound behind me. It was directly behind me and i was a bit scared to turn around. Eventually I did, summoned up the courage and spun round and nothing was there.

So I look at what else could have been causing it. is there a draught, always a draught, its frickin freezing down there. Sod all heating, and as such id my coat on over my dress jacket which has a hood. So i try to recreate the sound. Turn back around. Nothing. Then i hear it again so turned my head a bit and could see that my hood was rubbing on a piece of paper that was taped to one of the racks. The rack is a tube, and only taped the paper in the middle so the edges protruded and it was that that was causing the rasping sound 😆

I’d been gently rocking on my heels, so kind of swaying very slightly back and forward

Felt rather foolish 😆 but at the time, mind playing tricks it certainly sounded like breathing.

kelron
    Free Member

I just pressed shuffle all on my music player 10 times and none of the songs were ghost related. Could be coincidence but I think that proves they aren’t real.

dyna-ti

Were they love related ?

kelron
    Free Member

One was. Does that mean the ghost loves me?

funkrodent

Don’t believe in ghosts. And nor does my dog. However..

A few years back repaired to the Ladybower Inn in the Peaks after a walk in the area. Accompanied by my extremely chilled, very confident lab/shepherd cross. As we went to enter the  room at the end of the pub (it runs sideways from the bar at the door), the dog went rigid, sat down and refused to move. Absolutely planted. I tried to pull her, tried to cajole her. No dice, in fact she was pulling in the other direction. Pulling so hard that she slipped her collar and ran back up tye pub and out the door.

I caught her outside and took her back in. Again she refused to go to the table at the end. At that moment another table left and we sat there instead.

Next time I was back there I had a word with the landlord. The pub is near cut throat Bridge and apparently back in the day, when unwary travellers had been killed they were laid out in the adjoining building that connects through to the bit of the pub we were trying to sit in.

Was it ghosts/spirits/heebie-jeebies? No idea. What I do know is that in a decade of having Bonnie she has never displayed behaviour that is even close to what happened that day.

Makes you think 🤔

Drac

I just hit random on my Zune and Land of Make Believe – Bucks Fizz started playing.

chewkw
    Free Member

So only people who already believe in ghosts will see them?

No, some people can some cannot, but if you can tune into their “frequency” then you will be able to see them.

Just like some of the STW skeptics here who actually encountered or experienced them but know jack(shite).

They don’t even know what it is even if they see them and simply just dismissed them as some form of mirage etc. This is probably due to lack of information in their database (head).

Some of the descriptions on this thread are actually ghosts but they are not harmful other than them making their present known.

I really hope some of you will encounter a proper evil demonic energy coz that will be a good laugh (a bit like Exorcist, LOL!) Yes, your life will be in danger if it is a proper evil demonic energy, but since you lot are skeptics you will have a hell of a ride so “enjoy” it. You will encounter fear for the first time in your life. Actually, you will not enjoy the ride but it is the fear that skeptics will feel that makes it fun for them. Probably they will go mad. LOL!

Absolutely planted. I tried to pull her, tried to cajole her.

Happened to one of my dog in the far east after it witnessed a dark shadow (my sister also saw it at the same time). Dog was shivering and cowering and kept running to my sister side after seeing the dark shadow. We had to tell the dog to “grow a ball” LOL! Then tell the entity to sort off.

funkrodent

Anyone else been watching Ghosts on the box? Pretty much clears it all up for me. Also a very good reminder of why having crossed swords above your fireplace (we’ve all done it) is a bad idea

Drac

Seems spice is still freely available in the Toon.

blokeuptheroad

Wow.  What goes on inside some people’s heads is a constant source of amazement to me.  Just incredible.  Still, I have had a bit of a dodgy tum today.  Last night’s curry or ‘evil demon energy’?  Makes you think 🤔

blokeuptheroad

Seems spice is still freely available in the Toon.

Indeed! 😆

chewkw
    Free Member

Wow. What goes on inside some people’s heads is a constant source of amazement to me. Just incredible. Still, I have had a bit of a dodgy tum today. Last night’s curry or ‘evil demon energy’? Makes you think 🤔

You should try an experiment to see if it is real. No, not graveyard coz that is just stereotypical coz there are nothing there apart from good ghosts/spirits. I really can’t think of a nasty hunted place in UK to be honest, even the UK ghosts are civilised.

Any place in UK where there were human sacrificed in the past? Place of execution of the innocents?

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 306 total)

The topic ‘#TOTW Ghosts – do they exist?’ is closed to new replies.