Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Gentlemen. How long do you spend per day on personal grooming?
  • ononeorange

Let’s see…..

Shave (5 times a week) 1 minute
    Mop up blood 10 seconds
    Shower 1 minute 30 seconds (includes water warming time)
    Get dressed 3 minutes max.
    Teeth 2 mins x2

That’s 7 mins 40 seconds – any more and I’ll miss the train.

Maximises time in bed, any more is pointless, you can’t make a purse out of a sow’s ear etc.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

A bunch of IT workers is hardly representative of the male population.

There are IT guys here that look to be in credit.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Most days it’s a shower and teeth brushing in the morning and then teeth again in the evening. If I do something during the day (run, ride, squash) there’ll be another shower in there. So about 10-20 mins a day maybe?

Once every few weeks an extra 20 minutes on beard trimming/goatee shaving.

emsz
    Free Member

Shower 1 minute 30 seconds (includes water warming time)

this explains why there are blokes in my office that give off a bit of an smell after a while…

stevomcd
    Free Member

Mrs is away at the moment and the resort is in pre-season mode so my human contact per day is pretty minimal.

I think my grooming time might actually be negative. I am actively becoming less-groomed. :mrgreen:

jon1973
    Free Member

10 minutes on cleansing, toning and moisturising.

Is that a euphemism?

SaxonRider

Grooming with Patrick Bateman:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-yoMEZXnbQ[/video]

thegreatape
    Free Member

81 minutes. That sounds about right.

Scratching your balls is grooming, yes?

iDave
    Free Member

The ‘Triple S’ would only take 10-15mins and normally it’s just the double S. Add teeth brushing, putting in contact lenses, and prophylactic odour management undertakings and it’s change from 20 mins. Nail trimming for guitar purposes occasionally.

EDIT – 2 showers a day, sometimes 3.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I spend less than 15 minutes in the bathroom every day, but then I shave whilst I shit, that’s the beauty of an electric razor 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

Polishing my rocket 5 mins.

alpin
    Free Member

i read this in the Telegraph this morning and thought what a load of testes….

what self respecting man takes more than 10 minutes to get ready?

i’m up and out of the door within 5 minutes if need be. 30 minutes is enough time to cook and eat an egg’n’bacon sandwich with a cup of tea.

metrosexuals….. meh. probably wear scarves, too….

john_drummer
    Free Member

an hour on legs

😯

Well you do need to put the kettle on & wait for it to boil before you put it on the teabag

martinxyz
    Free Member

3 mins to brush teeth
    12-ish mins in the shower

Theres a foreign lass that works in the shopping centre here that approaches me whenever i go there to see if she can get me to try some hand paste stuff from god knows where. I have a laugh and tell her that it really is a complete waste of time as i have oil or brake fluid on my hands most days so it probably wont work.. but she still tries to get me to rub this stuff into ma paws. I keep explaining that ive told her in the past about the oil and brake fluid and she keeps forgetting.

I wonder if this gritty natural hand cream she tries to sell me is affecting her memory. Hmmm.

rp16v
    Free Member

normal day is
    teeth 3mins x2
    bit of spray maby 20 seconds and thats me done
    BUT i have to say i do savor my bath/shower time so every other day unles its a ride day il take about 15 mins in shower or a 1/2 hour bath & shave whilst in there
    and twice a month il take a hour of me time to trim/shave/groom anything thats not picked up throu the week eg clippers on head and make funny shapes in my banzai tree and see if the misses can figure it out. 😆

joao3v16
    Free Member

I never understand how it’s possible to spend more than 3 minutes in the shower.

Get in, get wet, apply soap/shampoo/etc, rinse off, get out

Absolutely.

As long as you don’t smell odd & aren’t naked, anything else is massive overkill.

trail_rat
    Free Member

My wash bag i travel with

Bar of simple soap
    Cheapo razor ( try not to shave when traveling but if i need to i can)
    Barrier cream
    Swafega
    Moisturiser
    Diy dental kit
    Malaria test kit
    Malarone
    Dioralyte
    Ibruprofen
    Paracetamol

So my wash bag could be worth alot !

At home 5 in shower 5 on teeth and im out the door

DrJ

Glad I don’t work in the same office as some of you lot 🙁

binners

but then I shave whilst I shit

And they say men can’t multi-task?! 😀

IanMunro
    Free Member

I have enough trouble trying to wee and poo simultaneously without throwing in the added danger of an out of control electric shaver.

rossi46
    Free Member

As long as you don’t smell odd & aren’t naked, anything else is massive overkill

Splash and dash= 5 mins.

Job Done!

Graham_Clark

81 minutes is more time than it takes me to get up, get the kids up (8 & 5), sort breakfasts, do the washing up from night before, ensure all things that needed to be done for kids school bags are done, and leave to get kids to school…. Somewhere in there is my ‘grooming regime’ and also that for the kids!

Cougar

From my feet hitting the carpet to getting my coat on is about 15 minutes. Brush and tie back hair, brush teeth, strip wash at the sink, dry, dress, go. Shower in the evening and brushing my teeth again is another 15 minutes, plus shaving periodically when I can be ringed.

I never understand how it’s possible to spend more than 3 minutes in the shower.

Long hair.

£156 wash bag – WTF?

I’m guessing, expensive aftershave?

My overnight bag would contain: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving gel and razor, deodorant, hairbrush, shampoo and conditioner, travel towel, moisturiser, aftershave. The dearest bit of that is obviously the aftershave, which was a present so I’ve no idea what it costs. The rest I could probably replace for, what, £20-£30 maybe?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You lot are hardly representitive are you.. scruffy sh*tes.

Me, about an hour a day all in.

I look gorgeous though, have to, all the time.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Gentlemen. How long do you spend per day on personal grooming?’ is closed to new replies.