Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Gary lineker
  • PrinceJohn
    Free Member

I can’t decide is he’s a legend or an idiot, but he’s certainly brave and a man if his word

Drac

Oh very brave standing in a pair of shorts.

binners

He was clearly reluctant to do it, never thinking he’d actually have to, but he’d said he would. So….. fair play to him. Very brave. For anyone.

I’d imagine there are a whole world of blokes in far worse shape who’d be more than happy to do it in their nickers or less. Everything’s relative 😆

jambalaya
    Free Member

What Drac says. A pair of thick white shorts with pants underneath Inwould wayer. Hardly a Beckham / Armani ad was it ?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Overpaid bellend.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Tbh better a belt and braces than a glimpse of

Overpaid bellend

jimster01

Harmless enough guy, stands by his convictions, maybe a few politicians could learn a thing or two…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I really don’t think you’d want to see politicians in their underpants.

Drac

The guy wore shorts like that for years whilst kicking a footbal around, arguably shorter ones.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good on him, has a sense of humour unlike a lot in here 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Y-Fronts or GTFO.

cheers_drive

Why didn’t he do it at the end of the season? Perhaps he needed the summer to get in shape?
    Anyway it’s not really much of a challenge in baggy boxers, Tom Daley’s swimming trunks maybe…

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Don’t blame fur working out – Gotta look good on TV!

theauthorities
    Free Member

“challenge” to publicise
    himself
    and sell more
    crisps?
    not really

scandal42
    Free Member

Bedwetterstrackworld

eddiebaby
    Free Member

He is a thoroughly unpleasant piece of ****. My contempt for him knows no bounds.

kimbers

He’d get thrown out of Saintsbury’s

theotherjonv

why are all
    theauthorities
    answers
    appearing
    as free form verse
    ?

gears_suck
    Free Member

Lol Kimbers…

dannyh
    Free Member

They’re not shorts.

The 1980s. Where real men had mullets and wore theirs shorts so tight they squeaked when they walked:

jamj1974

I know someone whose work brought him into contact with him. I don’t know who was more gutted, him to personally find his idol had feet of clay or me to hear about it second hand. Always looked up to him as a sportsman, apparently he’s not worthy of that.

Northwind

Drac – Moderator

Oh very brave standing in a pair of shorts.

If you’re scared of it then you’re brave to do it. I’m scared of moths, so it’s brave of me to go in a room with moths in, even though being scared of moths is completely pathetic.

martinhutch

Sorry. couldn’t resist. 🙂

dannyh
    Free Member

I’ve also heard many a rumour from those supposedly ‘in the know’, that Barry Spinneker was somewhat liberal when it came to putting it about with the make-up staff, production staff etc, particularly when he was doing ‘They Think It Is All Over’ twenty odd years ago.

Allegedly.

Northwind

@martinhutch, your dog is funny looking

Drac

If you’re scared of it then you’re brave to do it. I’m scared of moths, so it’s brave of me to go in a room with moths in, even though being scared of moths is completely pathetic.

He wore shorts in his former career.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

He wore shorts in his former career.

But perhaps he always felt embarrassed doing it front of a crowd/TV cameras ?

You never know…… in which case, yes – very brave.

theotherjonv

Given past performance, a pair of white boxers was a very brave choice.

KungFuPanda
    Free Member

Given past performance, a nappy would have been the most appropriate choice of attire.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

It’s not the most amazing thing anyone’s ever done but I can’t really see why you’d knock him for it?
    He said he’d do it, now he’s done it, where some might have wriggled out of it. And saying he shouldn’t be bothered by it because he wore shorts in his playing days seems a strange argument.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Mr Linekers salary is more than the combined amount that the Scottish, Welsh and Norn Irish leagues get from the BBC.

I appreciate that this is not his fault, it’s the Beeb but it still gets my goat. Thing is, people watch MOTD to see the action, not to see him, I don’t see the value in his massive salary.

gobuchul
    Free Member

I don’t see the value in his massive salary.

I totally agree.

However,

Mr Linekers salary is more than the combined amount that the Scottish, Welsh and Norn Irish leagues get from the BBC.

Why should the BBC give money to these Leagues? The only one that has any large audience is the Scottish League and they sold their rights to Sky and BT.

jamj1974

theotherjonv – Member
    Given past performance, a pair of white boxers was a very brave choice

Yep! 😀

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I appreciate that this is not his fault, it’s the Beeb but it still gets my goat. Thing is, people watch MOTD to see the action, not to see him, I don’t see the value in his massive salary.

IDK, without him and the rest of the pundits how is the pub bore supposed to sound informed when spouting off about how Basildon wanderers latest signing from the 3rd tier German leagues has transformed their midfield?

I’ve no problems with his salary, or most others, they need/want ex footballers to present the show so you need:
    1) a Footballer that everyone knows
    2) that can talk/present well
    3) that has enough tactical insight to know what’s going on
    4) hasn’t gone into management as a result of the first 3.

It’s a very small pool to raw presenters from, and I bet Sky/BT/ITV would pay him the same or more if they could poach him.

Otherwise you end up with the painful to watch Claire Balding at the velodrome asking Hoy why the sprinters don’t do the pursuit if they’re faster.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Why should the BBC give money to these Leagues? The only one that has any large audience is the Scottish League and they sold their rights to Sky and BT

Because the folks in those 3 countries pay their licences too?. And BBC have TV and radio rights for Scottish football btw too.

I’ve no problems with his salary, or most others, they need/want ex footballers to present the show so you need:
    1) a Footballer that everyone knows

Nonsense, Des Lynam did alright, so well infact that GL has pretty much modelled his style on him.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Gary lineker’ is closed to new replies.