• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Lucas.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Frame snapped a week before Alps trip. (Horst link Turner)
  • jamesoz

Afternoon, as the title I’ve just snapped the seat mast off my early Turner RFX. Does anybody have a suitable front end collecting dust in the shed?

iolo
    Free Member

I’ll sell you a demo 8

jamesoz

Cheers, a needs to be a bit more xc though as I’ll be doing the Mega on it. The RFX was ideal, it was very old but low mileage (only just changed the original bushes).

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reckon Hora will have something for sale by the end of the week

chakaping
    Free Member

I can’t help with your frame, but a couple of years ago I had a similar emergency when my shock packed up a week before the Alps and I could not get it serviced for love nor money.

Ended up buying a new bike and selling the old one in the end.

Look on the bright side, at least it didn’t wait until the first ride of the trip.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I have a white medium 6 Pack collecting dust. It’s stored in the West Moseley area.

jamesoz

Chunkymtb, did you want to sell it and what size is it?

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Theres not much climbing on the Mega, the demo will be fine….you just wont be competing for a top place.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Jamesoz, I feel your pain. I love my 6 pack. Chunkymtb, don’t hide it, ride it! Or gift it to me. 😀

tmb467
    Free Member

White medium 5-spot (2011 DW link) for sale in classifieds

jamesoz

Done the mega on a dh bike and I’d rather do it on my hardtail than do that again. It needs to pedal well as my asthma really hinders me at altitude.
    I may just treat my credit card to a new bike if it comes to it, just wish it hadn’t all gone 27.5.

rc200f8
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare medium 05 sixpack in iron glimmer grey sitting in the loft – no shock (190×50) that I would part with. I’m in Orpington, Kent.
    Iain

tish
    Free Member

I’ve got a Norco sight se frame in medium with an rp23 shock on it gathering dust.
    I’ve been meaning to put it on classifieds just haven’t got round to it yet.
    Same as this but upgraded shock http://www.evanscycles.com/products/norco/sight-3-se-2012-mountain-bike-ec036902?xid=118488&awc=1302_1389477128_e39e6d4c7f24613861cb5517b482855d&utm_source=Affiliate&utm_medium=Awin&utm_campaign=118488#features

Northwind

Whereabouts are you? If you’re edinburghish and a small/medium you’d be welcome to borrow my hemlock frame, it’s sat spare just now. if you break it you’ve bought it but it’s worth **** all anyway…

jamesoz

Very decent of you Northwind, but I’m down south I’m afraid and hate borrowing stuff, I’d not forgive myself if I damaged it, regardless of value. Iain, I’ve mailed you.

rc200f8
    Free Member

Not received any email James, check spelling.
    Iain

rc200f8
    Free Member

Or try i.macknish67@gmail.com
    Iain

hora
    Free Member

Any SX, or Santa Cruz’s near you on pinkbike?

Lucas
    Free Member

Xl Horst link 5 spot sitting in my garage waiting for me to get round to doing something with, let me know if its of interest

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Frame snapped a week before Alps trip. (Horst link Turner)’ is closed to new replies.