Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Fox Float – Black ‘Open Mode Adjust’ dial stuck/ not rotating
  • redeyesi
    Free Member

just got a new set of these forks, haven’t even seen dirt yet, giving them once over and noticed that the small retainer screw on dials was loose so nipped it up, now it seems that the Open Mode Adjust dial won’t turn independently of the blue dial.

ive removed the screw and dials, put it all back together lightly and the problem still remains

Any ideas?

cheers in advance

bigyan
    Free Member

What model?

Last one I saw like that the screw had been tightened or loosened without holding the knob to prevent rotation and it had damaged the compression adjust needle/lockout selector.

If you stick the 4 digit code into the fox website you will get the exact fork model and can reference the damper service manual.

redeyesi
    Free Member

Hey, thanks for the response, the model is 2017 34 FLOAT 27.5 130 FIT4 3POS ADJ

Even with the retainer screw removed the black dial still doesn’t rotate independently. I certainly didn’t over tighten it, I just didn’t want the screw to come undone mid ride and lose both the dials

hopeing for a simple fix!

Thanks

tomhoward

Have you pulled it out (couple of mm, not all the way, like a watch crown) before turning it?

edit, thought you were talking about a shock, not fork sorry

bigyan
    Free Member

If you have bought them new I would contact the seller.

There are a few things that can jam/get damaged in there.

The black knob turns the compression adjust coupler which turns the compression adjust needle. The blue knob turns the compression selector which turns the lockout selector. The adjust coupler rotates inside the compression selector . The needle is threaded in the lockout selector. The wire clips can damage the alluminium, the detents can jam.

Rebuild instructions, parts diagrams below for illustration (Put your 4 digit code in here http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&ref=bc_help to make sure you get the right service instructiosn/parts diagrams

http://www.ridefox.com/fox17/help.php?m=bike&id=624

img/help/page745-BDFJ/2016-32-FIT4-Topcap-m.jpg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Fox Float – Black ‘Open Mode Adjust’ dial stuck/ not rotating’ is closed to new replies.