• This topic has 4,478 replies, 425 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,321 through 4,360 (of 4,479 total)
  • Forum Update
  • DezB
    Free Member

Weird how new ones work but the old ones are still broken…

bikebouy
    Free Member

rene59
    Free Member

I clicked Do not accept and I still continued to the site.

slackalice
    Free Member

Is this where we post any peculiarities? Hope so 😃

I can’t view any/all of the photos in the Atco lawnmower restoration thread. I simply get a white/grey no entry symbol where the picture would be.

I haven’t checked any other threads as due to a cripplingly slow rural broadband and the update process which made it painful to even open a page, I tend to ignore the threads with pics. Which is a shame.

Anyway, iPad 4th gen iOS 10.3.3 Safari browser and native pop up blocker enabled.

Forum is much better now, quite possibly all your implementation nightmares in one go, so thank you for giving us this recent opportunity for personal development and growth. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So is somebody playing about with the link posting widgets?? It’s fairly unpredictable at the moment one above posted by just pasting the link

this one via the Link Button

Test?

nixie

In case this is still the place for logging issues…

In your profile the line that indicates if you are signed up for the news letter or not has a link to search for the user called ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. Pretty sure that shouldn’t be there!

scotroutes

It’s an interesting link though, 71,430 “active” members (though some haven’t been active for a very, very long time….)

Although… some ways of sorting it’s more than 85,000 members

And have only 134 signed up for the Newsletter? (133 really – I don’t think chipps counts)

nixie

Link quickly disappeared though still works if you know what it was :D.

A quick test of toggling my news letter subscription on and off also confirms its enumerating the news letter subscriptions! Whoops!

Cougar

also confirms its enumerating the news letter subscriptions! Whoops!

Should it not do that?  (I’ve never used it.)

Can you explain what you mean a bit more please?  I don’t think I understand what you’re saying.

scotroutes

Hmm. Spot the lurkers 😉

nixie

@cougar

It appears the member search is searching more than just the members name. This appears to include the value that indicates if a user is subscribed to the newsletter or not. By searching on the correct value I can therefore extract the list of users who are subscribed. Pretty sure that is not the intention of the member search page.

I’m hesitant to post more detail in the open forum as I think its a bit of a hole. Can message you the search if you’d like.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

hijacking the STW forum again this afternoon.

scotroutes

It now appears there are 451 newsletter subscribers. I’m assuming it hasn’t tripled over the course of the day so maybe it’s broken

nixie

scotroutes GDPR email went out today which indicated that everyone was unsubscribed and to resubscribe if you wanted to receive it. That makes it likely that it is correct as people act on the email.

nixie

n0b0dy0ftheg0at wtf would you post that link!

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Why would you click that link, nixie, if you are not a STW mod? lol

That link hijacked my STW forum tab, again, earlier. Just like it did last week, several times.

scotroutes

scotroutes GDPR email went out today which indicated that everyone was unsubscribed and to resubscribe if you wanted to receive it. That makes it likely that it is correct as people act on the email.

Aha. That makes sense!

Now 525

nixie

n0b0dy0ftheg0at I didn’t but doesn’t mean someone else wouldn’t.

Cougar

@nixie I’ve passed your info on to Tech.  Cheers.

nixie

Ok, cool.

Drac

And now it’s fixed

scotroutes

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

And now it’s fixed

</div>

Unless you know the URL to use 😉

Edit: 770

mikewsmith
    Free Member

lol can’t you quote scotroutes!!

nixie

Search box removed? Not entirely fixed… You can still manipulate the query string to get the same result. Sorry.

Can you tell what I do for a day job.

tjagain

On another topic.  When browsing on my mobile phone hitting a link to  thread only around 20% of the time it takes me to where I want.  the rest of the time it takes me to other parts of the STW empire that I don’t want to go to.  It often takes half a dozen taps to get to the place I want to be.  Today on the hamburger menu hitting “forum” kept taking me to reviews ad other places.

Drac

Cheers Nixie I’ve not even tried to be honest.

sbob
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>mikewsmith
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

lol can’t you quote scotroutes!!

Don’t worry, I’ll teach him.

</div>

nickjb
    Free Member

I’m still getting text in the reply box disappearing before its sent. Only occasionally but very annoying (or it would be if I ever wrote anything meaningful)

nickjb
    Free Member

Feedback on the submit button now. That’s a step forward.

slackalice
    Free Member

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to upload a photo from Flickr is doing my farking bonce right in.

**** sort it out please!

Thank you.

Drac

On Flickr use the BB Code option, Copy, Paste and submit

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nonrVU]Jake[/url] by Lee Collis, on Flickr

bikebouy
    Free Member

Probably picked up but when accessing the forum via Mac the mouse detects a couple of threads above the one you want to read (from the main page) so when pressing on the thread link the actual thread you read is not the one clicked on.

MacAir all up to date .

slackalice
    Free Member

Cheers Drac, Ill try that now, but why did a picture get posted earlier where I didn’t use the BB code?

[url=https://flic.kr/p/KpaLuu]IMG_1222[/url] by Tim Betts, on Flickr

Edit: Ooooh! this looks like an easier way… lets try on the Boats thread again…

Thank you sir! 😀

Edit x2: Why did my last edit ^ not show up after hitting submit? Hence this second edit to ask the question….

Seemingly, I have to type my edit, post, then hit the edit button again and repost and that puts up my edit….i.e. need to submit an edit twice?

Edit x3: Except now my first edit shows after submitting the second edit, which didn’t show up???

Mac OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 if thats any help?

Drac

There’s a cache delay sometimes so your edit won’t appear straight away.

You don’t need to use the BB Code there are other ways but it’s the easiest way.

slackalice
    Free Member

Ah…. that will explain why after repeatedly pressing the edit submit, my original post appears unchanged… helpful. Will my edits eventually appear, or do the hamsters choose which edit gets to appear?

Got the BB code method off to a tee here, so thank you for your help Mr Drac!  When Im feeling brave, Ill ask about the other methods 😀

Using the desktop at the mo, usually browse on STW on the iPad, hence i paid no attention when others were asking about how to stick emoji’s/emoticon’s on here with a normal keyboard… Do I have to BB code them as well? Apart from the one I know how to do… 😀 oh, and this one 😉

Drac

The delay is only around 15 to 30 seconds.

i wouldn’t bother with the other methods to be honest.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You don’t need to use the BB Code there are other ways but it’s the easiest way.

When it was first deployed you could use about 4 different versions of a Flickr link those ways are now turned off?

The link paste is getting strange, at least it’s consistent by the Web site but some do half a page, some do just a pic etc

Any idea when pasting text in here will be sorted?

Drac

Not sure Mike I use an iPad with that and Flickr being bloody clumsy I use the BB code option which is hard enough to copy.

Now they’ve got the bulk of GDPR out of the way hopefully they have more time to look at the forum issues.

tjagain

Probably picked up but when accessing the forum via Mac the mouse detects a couple of threads above the one you want to read (from the main page) so when pressing on the thread link the actual thread you read is not the one clicked on.

MacAir all up to date .

I get similar browsing on my android phone

Cougar

i paid no attention when others were asking about how to stick emoji’s/emoticon’s on here with a normal keyboard…

On W10, right-click the task bar, select “Show touch keyboard button.”  This gives you a little keyboard icon is the system tray.  (You can do similar with W8.1 but it’s worded slightly differently I think.)

Click the keyboard icon, you get an on-screen keyboard.  Click the smiley face to the left of the space bar, and you get all the emoji you could possibly want.  (It’s not immediately obvious, but you can scroll each page to the right.) 🙀

Apart from the one I know how to do…

For old-style emoticons, there’s a list here.  Everything in the table works.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Smilies

Viewing 40 posts - 4,321 through 4,360 (of 4,479 total)

The topic ‘Forum Update’ is closed to new replies.