Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Following on…Best Gig you never went to, but wish you had.
  • tang
    Free Member

My brother had a ticket for me for Queen, Wembley 1986. i turned it down. he made it to the front and can be seen aloft his mates shoulders on the vid.

alanf
    Free Member

Nirvana at Sheffield Octagon circa 91 I think!!!! Doh

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I was offered free tickets to an early U2 gig, I think October tour, but not sure, I turned it down, they weren't Punk enough. I still don't particularly like them, but now I wish I'd gone.

tops5
    Free Member

Stone Roses at Spike island all my mates went, but I couldn't be @rsed 😥

sadexpunk

sex pistols at lincoln – called themselves the spots (sex pistols on tour)

was but a mere schoolboy. couple of years older and id have gone :-/

disco_stu
    Free Member

daft punk @ the que club in 97, went to my local techno haunt – house of god instead to see andy weatherall

luckily for me daft punk release the live recording from that gig alive 97 which let me hear how good they were 🙁

GaryLake
    Free Member

Turned down Muse opening the new Wembley. Saw it on TV and had a proper Stewie Griffin moment of "man, really should have gone to that thing"

Thankfully, did see them at the O2 a week ago and while the stage set wasnt quite as impressive as Wembley, it was an immensely good gig as you'd expect!

Pook

Otis Redding at Rawmarsh Swimming Baths circa 1965.

My dad went and still rubs it in. The Beatles were "too expensive" though at the same venue.

Lucky sod.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Live Aid – I was working and couldn't get out of the shift.

MRanger156
    Free Member

tang – Biggist mistake of your life! Would have lokked to have gone to that.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

BTW – I did't see Queen at the Wembly gig, but I did see them at Maine Road on that tour – Status Quo and Belouis Some supporting. It really was stunning – just after Live Aid so the whole crowd was rocking to Radio GaGa (the clapping bit) and 'Mexican Waves' were still somewhat a novelty and the roar was amazing as it came round the ground.

It really was amazing 🙂

Creg

considering I have only ever been to 2 gigs in my entire life (less than jake who where utter shit and hundred reasons who were quite good but I was really pissed) I would say every other gig I have ever been invited to which include:

New Found Glory
    Jimmy Eat World
    Gallows
    Dragonforce
    Poison The Well
    Download Festival
    Placebo
    Metallica
    Pitchshifter
    Prodigy
    Chemical Bros

Quite a sad life I lead really

Kuco

Same as you tang turned down free ticket to see them at Wembley 🙁

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

queen 86 too. too young

CaptJon
    Free Member

Best i went to – Moby at the UEA after Play came out.

Best missed – Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, Lo Fielity Allstars at the Big Beat Boutique 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Following on…Best Gig you never went to, but wish you had.’ is closed to new replies.