Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Filming yourself going slowly
  • matt_outandabout

Does anyone have an example of these alleged going slow videos?

legend
    Free Member

moar examples of slow than fast out there

GEDA
    Free Member

They are going pretty slowly on this one. 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaNBuqSuNqk[/video]

mogrim

I hope they enjoy their films, but the reality is that it probably detracts from the pleasure of the actual ride….stopping to faff with something on your head or chest.

Where’s the faff? Mate has one (generally mounted to his bike) – when he wants to start filming he presses the button, when he wants to stop same thing. The faffing bit is at home, but that’s not my problem 🙂

Del

I see all of my bikes as an ongoing Dadaist experiment in the juxtaposition of the natural with the man made

I thought you were conducting an anthropology experiment looking in to the reactions of others when you transcend social mores. either that are you were just crossing the streams.

anyway, pretty poor rant, must do better, see me after school, etc.

rOcKeTdOg

You want slow mincing vids?[video]http://youtu.be/0BtwVzRP1JA /[/video]

IanMunro
    Free Member

Maybe they want to see where they can improve? The easiest way to see where you’re going wrong (if you know how to do it right) is to film, or get someone to film you isn’t it?

An mp3 player repetitively screaming PEDAL!! is more effective imo.

hora
    Free Member

[Quote] Dave [/quote]

Scapegoat-longshot you werent adopted at birth by any chance?

mcnultycop

I’m fine with people videoing whatever they want. If they could just highlight on YouTube that they mince down the trail (Maybe a mince factor with a number in the video title) then this could save others the hassle of watching it if they are scoping out new routes on YouTube.

martinhutch

You can never be too careful if you’re called Dave.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkiix0aveRk[/video]

cookeaa

I’m pretty much of the opposite opinion to the prevailing STW grumblig old duffer brigade. Stick a camera on your noggin and record your adventures I say, its primarily for personal viewing so where’s the harm exactly? It might look toss, you could capture some cycling gold but if you don’t record anything you’ll never know, and deleting boring footage is even easier than recording it.

Or is “proper” photography the only acceptable form? You know where you spend disgusting amounts on a couple of DSLR bodies, far more lenses than you really need and an over priced rucksack to cart it all about in. Spend half an hour setting up for every interesting landscape, another picture of some heather or bluebells and maybe take a half arsed stab at shooting some actual bicycle riding… bollocks to that lot!

Nah mincers with Gopros are a far less twatty crowd than DSLR pricks… IMO.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

We could always film Hora as he breathlessly rolls to a knackered halt at the pub stop – 13 miles into his 27 mile ‘training rides’ around the flat Cheshire lanes 😆

deanfbm
    Free Member

GoPro footage filming someone, the scenery etc is ok from a sentimental viewpoint.

99.9999% of gopro footy needs deleting forever. I really don’t get it, who has ever looked at footage from a helmet/chest/where ever else mounted camera and thought, “yea, that looks pretty good”?

hora
    Free Member

13miles? How do you know its not 14 or 15? Huh huh

singlespeedstu

I thought 27 miles was only achieved after he’d undertaken a strict training regime that would never be attained again because he has “other things in his life”
    Despite seeming to spend every single waking hour of the day on here trying to pick faults with anyone that actually rides a bike. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

27miles is an evening quick spin. Im waiting for my roadbike. I hope its here before my birthday 🙁

fervouredimage
    Free Member

How is someone filming their ride impacting on anyone else…at all?

I have a GoPro. I filmed a few rides but then the novelty wore off, so i just use it as a general video camera as it offers a good visual perspective. Much better than my old Hi8 video camera anyway 🙂

noltae
    Free Member

May I suggest – ‘Enya – Sail Away’ for the soundtrack for said uploads! Really adds drama – especially when we the viewer are treated to say a bunny hop over a twig ! Or skids through puddles !

singlespeedstu

Of course it is Hora.

I presume you were “only joking” when you told us all how the longest off road ride you’d ever done was 27 miles.
    Because you had so many other things* in your life.

***** and talking shite about bikes that you cant ride.

singlespeedstu

Oh and pebbles.
    How did i forget about your love of them. 🙂

legend
    Free Member

noltae – Member
    May I suggest – ‘Enya – Sail Away’ for the soundtrack for said uploads! Really adds drama – especially when we the viewer are treated to say a bunny hop over a twig ! Or skids through puddles !

Noob. Everyone knows it’s AWOLNation or nothing these days.

hora
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu have a tissue. You sound angry, I guess you have some issues.

Rscott
    Free Member

When i use my go pro it is on constantly for 2 reasons, the batterys life time last longer as aposed to it being on and off, and when you turn it off is always when something worth videoing happens.

things like youtube are also a great way of storing video’s that you dont really car if some one rips off instead of filling your hard drive, it also means when your round at your mates you can watch it without taking your desk top with you.

If you don’t like them don’t watch them.

Its like me saying why does everyone (not litraly) ride £4000 full sus bikes, im by no means fit or good, but I over took plenty of people on the latest bikes on my 10 year old inbred today. does it affect me NO.

singlespeedstu

Classic question avoidance there hora.
    No accustions of anyone being a “fashion biker”?
    That’s normaly your next line. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

You’ve taken humbridge at something I’ve said.

Which means I have pwned you. Pwned good too by the attempt at targetting sweetie x 😀

singlespeedstu

You’ve taken humbridge at something I’ve said.

Not really.
    Just think you come across as a bit of a cock.
    I’m sure your mom loves you though.

hora
    Free Member

‘Cock’.

Now I know I’ve gotten to you. You lost your cool 😉

singlespeedstu

I’ve never “pretended” to be “cool”. 😉

andymc06
    Free Member

Get a room! 😀

maxtorque

If Hora and SingleSpeed have a fight, can someone make sure to catch it on their Go-Pro……… 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

If they cycle to the meeting point, will Hora turn up? 😛

singlespeedstu

Only if it’s less than 27 miles away. 😆

Northwind

hora – Member

Now I know I’ve gotten to you. You lost your cool

Chief, you can be Joe Strummer cool and still think “Man, Hora comes across as a bit of a cock” :lol:. It’s a gift you have, don’t shortsell it!

ajantom

If Hora and SingleSpeed have a fight, can someone make sure to catch it on their Go-Pro………

Only if they’re doing it ‘slowly’.

singlespeedstu

It’d have to be in spain or the wilds of scotland for it to be worth watching.

hora
    Free Member

singlespeedstu, if we were to have a Gentlemans duel and you could chose ANY weapon of your choice. What would you chose? You need to be able to carry it (or something to carry it for you/cant be fixed/stationary).

rOcKeTdOg

Surely you’d both just use your enormous male members?

MrsToast
    Free Member

Surely you’d both just use your enormous male members?

I’ll be having one of those tissues now, if you please…

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll be having one of those tissues now, if you please…

I think they’ll be needing them for the clean up.

Scapegoat

hora – Member

Dave

Scapegoat-longshot you werent adopted at birth by any chance?

I actually faked my own birth for the insurance.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 80 total)

The topic ‘Filming yourself going slowly’ is closed to new replies.