Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • FATBIKE Beachride Saturday Oct 6th Formby
  • Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

FATBIKE RIDEOUT Saturday 6th October, 8.15AM at Formby, National trust car park, Lifeboat road L37 2DD. all with Fatbikes OR Plus bikes welcome, there is loads of woodland single track, sand dunes and a huge beach to enjoy, there will be a Brew stop so bring money 🙂 any questions please ask, Ride open to anyone from anywhere.

Premier Icon voodoo_chile
    Free Member

Thats sizeist

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

don’t come then 😛 Lol

Free Member

Haha, if you are parking there, there is now a charge

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

only after 8.30/9.00 it depends what time the trust get there, if yer already on then No charge 🙂

and if your a NT member none either!

Premier Icon MrTricky
    Free Member

A charge? Not if you are a National Trust member there isn’t. Maybe you need to join voodoo….

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

yup, one of the best things we did in 2018 for sure, we have been to many NT places all over the country 🙂

Free Member

I should, keep saying it

Premier Icon pb2

One of my very good friends refers to them as the Nazi Trust, I guess she must have had a run in with them as she is normally a quiet tree hugging type of person

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

are you coming on the beach ride Paul?

Free Member

Enjoy all, sadly i am of the 29 variety

Been round there today trails are looking good

Premier Icon ton
    Free Member

can I just ask, why would anyone be worried about paying to park somewhere nice, to ride your bike for the day?

on another note, might be up for this T.   trying to wangle a pass for the car from mrs t.

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Great stuff T, be good to see you again pal, we’ll prolly be there from friday eve till sunday in the camper, so brews will be on the go for ya pal 😉

Premier Icon pb2

I am planning to be there, going to see if I get Mark C along

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Great stuff pal, lookin forward to it 🙂

Free Member

Its just a little bit of info for non locals .. It is indeed a lovely place .. On my doorstep

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Yes it’s lovely at Formby,Give me a shout if you see some fool on a blue ‘Gravel Bike’,I get to the beach every few weeks.

Here’s the tide table

https://www.ntslf.org/tides/tidepred

Here’s proof that I get on the beach there,crowded isn’t it!

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

only a couple of weeks away, get on it 😀

Premier Icon colp

I was up for it but that’s the Farmer John’s race weekend

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Oh Bugger 🙁

Premier Icon ton
    Free Member

this still on?

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

it certainly is T 😀

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I’ll be down there on the Gravel bike,give us a shout if you see some bloke on a light blue Norco gravel bike,it’s up there on that photo.

I guess a few blokes on Fatbikes should be easy enough to spot?!!

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

just pop to Lifeboat road carpark at the start and say hello mate 😉

Premier Icon duncancallum

If I could be arsed I’d post a pick of my gravel bike out on Taylor’s bank. Grew up in formby. If anyone has a spare fat bike I’d love to join you.

Also used to shrimp off the back off Alexander road.

Premier Icon oopnorth

Just moved into the area but unfortunately away next weekend…bugger. For future reference are there only certain areas that can be ridden in the wood area at Formby, or is it open access for bikes? I’m guessing it may be frowned upon at busy times…

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

Watch out for joggers with earphones in. They are GOD in those woods, and don’t you forget it.

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

i just peel the joggers off my big fat tyres at the end of me ride, i hardly know their there, Lol

Premier Icon Garry_Lager

Just moved into the area but unfortunately away next weekend…bugger. For future reference are there only certain areas that can be ridden in the wood area at Formby, or is it open access for bikes? I’m guessing it may be frowned upon at busy times…

Legal access is very poor, oop North, plus it’s a National Trust area so it’s not like people aren’t bothered, they take a dim view of mountain biking IME. But let’s face it options are limited round there, you can put some boss loops together once you know the paths [decent sized area all in] so personally I’d just ride there sensibly and avoid the crowds. Weekday night ride would be excellent there I bet. Go armed with a smile but don’t necessarily expect one back.

The beach itself is fine [it might even be open access to ride on a beach, not sure], even the rangers won’t be arsed about that.

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

we have chatted with the rangers in the woods and they were more interested in how hard it was to pedal a bike with huge tyres than us being there or not, never had anyone say anything negative in any ride there

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

see you people tomorrow morning  🙂

Premier Icon freddiest

Working tomorrow. Sunday would’ve been perfect for me. Hope to join you on the next one 😎

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

I’ll be in those woods tomorrow hunting fungi.

If you see someone bent down in a funny position don’t laugh.

The woods are owned/managed by English Nature and they have no objections to bikes….as long as you act in a normal civilised manner.  Start bonfires or try and build your own trails and they will get a little bit antsy.

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

a few of us will still be there for a Sunday ride too Andy, prolly ride about 9 oclock from the same place if you can make it pal 😉

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Say Howdy if you see us Sarawak 😉

Premier Icon sarawak
    Free Member

Will do.

Might come on Sunday but The Rake is on as well and we might be going over mob handed

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I should be down there late morning on that Norco up there ^^^,I’ll have a look out for you all.

Premier Icon freddiest

Might get down there on Sunday then

Premier Icon Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Hopefully see you over the weekend 😁

Premier Icon Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I got to the beach about 11am,plenty of people doing some orienteering event,never saw any Fatties though.

As you can see,the beach was crowded again…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘FATBIKE Beachride Saturday Oct 6th Formby’ is closed to new replies.