Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Fargo !!! Blimmim brilliant !!
  • plus-one

Just watched these over last few weeks .. How could these have passed me by absolutely brilliant 8)

Anything similar as good to watch next ?

Jamie
    Free Member

Seen the film?

wilburt
    Free Member

I thought Fargo was good especially the last season, Boardwalk Empires got a similar feel.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    forzafkawi
    Free Member

Film – brilliant
    1st series – brilliant
    2nd series – good but stupid ending
    3rd series – meh

Try Breaking Bad if you haven’t seen it (5 series).

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Film – brilliant

Oh yaa.

plus-one

Yes seen film .. years ago now though must watch it again.. Done boardwalk empire and breaking bad 😀

km79
    Free Member

Film – brilliant
    1st series – brilliant
    2nd series – slightly less brilliant
    3rd series – a bit less brilliant again

donks
    Free Member

Different but still bonkers is dirk gently on Netflix

Also worth a watch is Quarry and the night of.

rene59
    Free Member

Different but still bonkers is dirk gently on Netflix

Just about to start the second season, first one took me a while to work out whether it was madness or genius. It’s both.

DezB
    Free Member

‘Tin Star’ is the nearest in feel I’ve seen.
    ‘True Detective’ but youve probly seen that (or should’ve done 😉 )

andy8442
    Free Member

Generation Kill, if you can find it is excellent.

sadexpunk

ah fargo, forgot about that one. its on our list, so we’ll watch that when we’ve done black mirror.

Stoner
    Free Member

I recently had the absolute joy of watching Band of Brothers for the first time. A fantastic production.

I suprisied myself just how daft I was not to have watched it before, but my theory of why holds water with me and a friend who felt exactly the same.

BOB came out in 2001, prior to that Saving Private Ryan had come out in ’98. There’s obviously a strong Tim Hanks link between the two, but also between the two release dates came U-571. A travesty of re-writing of history and after that I never had much appetite fro watching another US-made WWII reworking. That as v unfair on the BOB productions which was done so well, and friend and former officer is content to call probably the best representation of WW11 warfare he has seen on a screen.

It has not aged at all either.

Poopscoop

The Pacific is great too, following some marines as the island hop toward Japan.

As said, Generation Kill is also very good. Don’t expect lots of gun battles, it’s based on the writing of a journalist that tagged along with some marines in a hummer. Very humorous with a darker side too. Recommended.

Poopscoop

Oh, Rome!

The BBC/HBO co-production.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0384766/

If you have even a vague interest in history is an astonishing series.

Without a time machine it’s about as close to being there as it’s possible to be.

Very graphic, brutal, sexual and epic. Just as Rome was at the time.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Sorry got to disagree. I find anything by the Coen Brothers slow and pointless- and yes that includes The Big Lebowski

Poopscoop

I love The Big Lebowski!

How about Wes Anderson?

The Darjeeling Limited, great movie. 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

I find anything by the Coen Brothers slow and pointless- and yes that includes The Big Lebowski

Slow? Maybe Fargo is – particularly the TV series. But the Big Lebowski isn’t really slow. Pointless? Yeah, totally. But completely brilliant.

The film and first TV series was great, but I wasn’t completely into the 2nd series of Fargo. Haven’t watched 3rd – didn’t realise there was one.

I don’t understand how people have enough time to watch all this great telly.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry got to disagree. I find anything by the Coen Brothers slow and pointless- and yes that includes The Big Lebowski

Ok, so I think the idea is to make a recommendation.. what’s yours?

prawny

Definitely watch Band of Brothers if you’ve not seen that. Just finished rewatching it last night after not seeing it since it was on originally. A brilliant series, really sad watching it now they’ve all gone from old age.

We’re just about to start watching the Pacific, missed that the first time.

plus-one

Tin star
    Generation kill
    Dirk gently
    Rome

All on the to watch list 😀

Band of brothers yes brilliant!!

Usually takes me few months at least to watch season with maybe 10 episodes 🙄

Time off work means biking in mornings and tv afternoons 8)

wallop

Ah yes, we are just watching Band of Brothers again too. About 3 episodes per night so will be finished later.

I think this is the 4th time we’ve watched it and for me it seems to get better as I get older. Sounds daft but my
    TV is bigger than last time we watched and when you couple that with knowing what’s going on, you somehow get to see so much more. I think the whole thing becomes more poignant as you get older too – for me, anyway.

There really hasn’t been anything quite like it since it was made.

I think Malarkey was the last surviving member of Easy and he passed away back in September.

mahalo

Series 3 won a golden globe last night for Ewan Mcgregor… coming to Netflix on 20th Jan apparently. not seen it yet but LOVED the first two series.

nickc

Dark (Netflix) is pretty bonkers, in a good way. Watching series 2 of Dirk Gently and it would be better without Dirk, if I’m honest*

*i know, he’s meant to be a bit if a ****, but he is bloody annoying.. 😆

colp

Yeah, Dark is good so far.

I liked S3 of Fargo, thought the tie in to S1 was good with the big guy.

plus-one

Fargo 1 I loved and started 2 with trepidation as 1 was so good !! I thought 2 was better than 1 and 3 slow at first was just as good(enjoyed) just as much as first 2 😀

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Fargo !!! Blimmim brilliant !!’ is closed to new replies.