Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Fancy Editor
    theotherjonv

What am I doing wrong? In creating this thread I can see it and can

or use bold and italics

But when I reply to a post it’s not there? Unless I go back in and edit.

I know there’s an option in profile or preferences and it’s ticked (and has been unticked and reticked) – what am I doing wrong?

theotherjonv

It’s not even here to reply to my own thread

Drac

Tap the visual tab

IMG_1019

weeksy

YEah not there for me either in ‘text’ mode.

I’ve had interesting results with Visual in the past and none of them were pretty.

Twodogs

YEah not there for me either in ‘text’ mode

Same here, opera browser.

the-muffin-man

YEah not there for me either in ‘text’ mode.

Same here.

Visual only appears if you toggle between the two. But text editor just isn’t there.

stumpyjon

Fancy editor (Visual) hasn’t worked properly or at least intuitively ever. Text editor options seem to have disappeared completely over the last few days and spell checking stopped working for me on multiple devices on the text editor a while ago.

The number of incoherent and badly formatted posts has risen recently (although a lot of that is on the Starmer thread so might just be frothing incoherent posters).

kelvin

All the text editor tag buttons missing for me as well.

While we wait for the fix, use the ‘visual’ editor, but flip back into ‘text’ mode to check it before submitting.

blokeuptheroad

I’ve had interesting results with Visual in the past and none of them were pretty.

It’s very easy on a phone, just scrolling to accidentally set it to right justification or a bulleted list. A fat thumb issue in my case.

I’ve recently noticed that in visual mode, all those tools – quote, italic etc. have often disappeared when I go to use them. But if I click on text, then back to visual they reappear.

theotherjonv

I don’t have an option of visual or text (chromebook or android phone)

timba
    Free Member

Same for me. The toolbar in visual mode isn’t there…select the text tab and then back to the visual tab and it appears.

The text tab doesn’t have a toolbar, just an unpopulated space

STW is consistently variable in its bugs :)

theotherjonv

I would attach a screenshot but I can’t access the toolbar. Am I going to be stuck in a loop – send us further info / I can’t because it doesn’t work / send us further info about how it doesn’t work / etc.

Hold on – is this because I took the piss out of the IT people in that thread? OK, joke’s over, turn it back on for me please.

(unless as I said I go in and edit, and then it reappears)

Screenshot 2024-02-23 09.00.13

blokeuptheroad

STW is consistently variable in its bugs 🙂

It’s a feature to alleviate the boredom that would inevitably result from a slick reliable, interface.

onewheelgood

But if I click on text, then back to visual they reappear.

Been like this for me (on Windows 11/Chrome) for the last few days, can’t say exactly how long. Had to do it to post this.

redthunder
    Free Member

All here for the so called spongers.

redthunder
    Free Member

Mayby try something new…

https://www.invisioncommunity.com

scotroutes

It disappeared for me too. I have to click on the Text tab, then the Visual tab to get it back.

Chrome/Android and Chrome/Windows.

I’ve reported it to the Tech team.

nickc

I get the same issue as @thotherjonv, no fancy editor or text or visual toggle on this post, but if i go in and edit my response, both are there.

I’ll take a ticket,

Drac

Ok.

I’ll point IT in this direction.

maccruiskeen

Yes something a bit odd is happening – the ‘text’ formatting tools are absent for me just now. Its intermittent though – they were back at around 6am this morning, but now gone again.

Maybe they’ve eloped with he ‘preview’ button

blokeuptheroad

Any chance of them fixing the direct picture upload whilst they are at it? I’ve had to resort to the old image hosting site thingummy to get pics on here. The members photo upload is borked.

ossify

I’ll point IT in this direction.

I think we need to know their working environment so we can offer advice accordingly.

Is it an open plan office?

Any chance of them fixing the direct picture upload whilst they are at it? I’ve had to resort to the old image hosting site thingummy to get pics on here. The members photo upload is borked.

It is? I used it about 15 minutes ago…

scotroutes

It’s working fine for me.

Screenshot_20240223-110419

blokeuptheroad

It is? I used it about 15 minutes ago…

It is for me on phone and Chromebook. Chrome browser on both. I get a pop-up saying it’s in the wrong format, needs to be jpg, png or whatever, even though it is. Never had issues before. I think someone else started a thread about this recently?

somafunk

Been missing for me using safari or iPhone for ages, don’t worry I hear there is a new website and forum coming soon

scotroutes

@blokeuptheroad – I know it’s a meme but have you tried powering off/on your phone? The other person that reported this had 90+ tabs open and it could have been related to that.

blokeuptheroad

I’ll give it a go but I’m careful to minimise open tabs – to just one usually.

Cougar

The “fancy editor” has never worked properly.

On the unfancy editor, the button bar disappeared from the Text tab a day or so ago.

ransos
    Free Member

Button bar disappeared for me last night and hasn’t reappeared.

rootes1

found you have to go into settings – disable fancy, save, then reenable fancy and save it it comes back…

for about 10mins and then on next use has gone – this has only started to happen in last day or so…. ever since the CRC/Wiggle news…. and that powered by banner has gone.

maccruiskeen

and that powered by banner has gone.

its still there

vlad_the_invader

It’s working fine for me.

Has @Scotroutes inherited @Dracs iPad? 😀

blokeuptheroad

Has @Scotroutes inherited @Dracs iPad? 😀

Inherited? Has Drac left us, is Scottroutes his offspring?  Didn’t see that coming!

MoreCashThanDash

Not an advert for Chipps’ job?

If you post and then edit, the edit functions cone back

tthew

This is what I see until I click the visual tab again, then all the formatting buttons reappear.

Screenshot_20240223_181343_Chrome

stumpyjon

They dont on the text editor unfortunately.

CountZero

This has been happening to me as well, restarted my tablet several times, but nothing has worked, and I can’t post photos, I just get the URL link. I do still have the spellcheck band above the keyboard, though, which is good, ‘cos I do rely on it as my backup.

Just editing my last post, and the text editing tools are available now, which they haven’t been up ‘til now.

I think I’ll just go read a book… 🤷🏼

Oh, and this is on all my regular browsers, Safari, Brave, Firefox, which all have DuckDuckGo as search.

nickjb
    Free Member

Visual editor is working for me, but not the text one, that tab is blank. If try to edit a post then it is ok.

That’s with Brave browser on Android.

cookeaa

Yeah I’ve had it render several times like tthew’s image above, both on phone and PC.

In fact it’s done it now. I just bang the text in and click submit, it’s often easier to just type your own BB code for ‘[blockquote]’ etc, but the visual editor is nice for simpler adding of images now and then. Shame these things only work ~80% of the time.

scotroutes

If you click on the Text tab, and then click again on the Visual tab, do you not get the usual editing icons/buttons?

If you click on the little Image icon (with the mountains on), do you not get the Full Member Can Upload Images box?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.