Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Exciting Saturday morning topic: What vacuum cleaner?
  • wukfit
    Free Member

So the missus has just turned round and asked if we can buy a new Hoover this weekend, exciting stuff

so what do the stw massive recommend

If it we’re me i’d just get a Henry, but I’m sure there are better options

budget is £150

redstripe
    Free Member

Yes Henry, if you get something else 6 months later you’d wish you’d bought………a Henry

nickjb
    Free Member

Cordless dyson for us. Totally changed the way we vacuum (in as much as a vacuum cleaner can be a game changer). I have a Henry for the workshop and it’s good in there but not great in the house.

freddiest

As above. Cordless Dyson.

jeffl

Borrowed the parents Dyson cordless V8 when visiting to clean the car out. I can see that it would be handy for dusting your floor but it didn’t have enough oomph to clear all the ingrained dirt and sand out. Used Henry which did a much better job. Also used a Sebo which was really good.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Over you budget (£270) but we got a cordless Dyson the other day.

Feels like a bit of a toy but does the job and I can see the attraction of no cables to mess with.

We also have a Miele car and dog which has been good and a big Vax for tough, messy jibs.

Got a Henry at the other house and it certainly just gets on with the job every time.

johnners
    Free Member

Henry.

kormoran
    Free Member

If you go for a Henry get the version called Numatic, it looks the same but has a slightly wider wheelbase which makes it more stable. It also says numatic rather than Henry on it. I think it is aimed at commercial cleaners

dannybgoode

Whatever Shark you can get for that money.  We have a Henry – good enough for clearing up a real mess but for day to day hoovering the Shark range are awesome.  Much better value than Dyson and really gets into the pile so to speak.

breadcrumb

Cordless Dyson from the Dyson outlet on eBay.

Our corded Dyson just sits under the stairs now. I think it’s been out once and that was for a big clean.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Oh my. I commented on the “what slippers” thread. Now I’m commenting on the what hoover thread!  What has my life become 🙁

We have a George, wet vac version of Henry. It’s 30 year’s old and still awesome after mega abuse (think 3 house renos)

However it doesn’t have the spinney beater things for carpets.

Also have a 7 year old corded Dyson which has just packed up (motor smells of burning, but will replace it cheap enough. That is a good machine.

Got a cordless Dyson a year ago. That is great as it is so easy to use that we actually hoover more. If there’s a little mess it’s just a whizz and done. Whereas with corded we were more like wait till we have a proper mess.

So, if you have a “clean” house ie  no building/diy projects I’d be getting the v8 Dyson.

If you arever doing big works I’d go Numatic.

DezB
    Free Member

Shark!

The only reason cleaners use Henrys is because they have big capacity. Apart from that they ain’t that great.

wukfit
    Free Member

Well I ended up buying a Henry, bought the Pet version from curry’s for about £117

did look at the cordless dysons, but couldn’t stretch the budget that much (plus swmba asked where we would mount it, which probably  would’ve meant remodelling the kitchen)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Exciting Saturday morning topic: What vacuum cleaner?’ is closed to new replies.