Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • European Breakdown Cover
  • BillOddie

Any recommendations?

Green flag seems cheapest at about £63.

RAC are taking the piss at £75 even with me as an existing member.

zap
    Free Member

try startrescue.co.uk I use them for UK, £37 for 16 days europe

StuF

perfect timing as this is a problem I need to solve in the near future. thanks

BillOddie

I spent 6 months in Europe with no cover in an old(ish) van.

But funnily enough in a 6 year old ford focus with kids in the car and only 2 weeks off I feel differently.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Do you already have UK breakdown insurance?

Are you looking for single trip or annual?

P-Jay
    Free Member

[SMUG MODE] Because I was ‘ripped off’ an extra £20 to have my car serviced at a main dealer, I got 12 months breakdown cover given at no extra cost, it’s europe wide.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

Drive something under 10 years old.

I couldn’t better your numbers for our 2003 car. Existing membership of AA or RAC seems to make little difference for the single trip policies, the AA offered a “existing member discount” on the phone to me. Which turned out to be exactly the same as the “order it on the internet” discount.

For the previous car I paid more like £30 a trip and never bothered shopping around.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I think Nationwide will throw in travel insurance and breakdown cover if you take out their paid current account. £10 per month and interest on balances up to £2500 (5% I think).

hot_fiat

ADAC.de, full unlimited uk and ROTW cover in any vehicle, whatever the age, for €84. You’d have to phone them as their online system can’t cope with our postcodes.
    +498976766632

BillOddie

That RAC price started at 120 quid ish. Had to tell them the green flag price (for worse cover) to get it and the guy had to “speak to his manager”.

kayak23

Holy carp!

I’ve just paid £153 to Green Flag for the bells ‘n’ whistles cover, for 21 days on a 2002 Berlingo.
    Must be my poor aged Berlingo 😥

Mugboo

I went with ADAC because they don’t care how old my van is.

shuhockey
    Free Member

If you are with Barclay’s you can upgrade you’re account to travel pack plus for £13 a month and you get European recovery and family travel insurance. When you get back just cancel it. So costs about £26 for two months. Done it before no problems.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘European Breakdown Cover’ is closed to new replies.