Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Enduro Seals for Talas'
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Worth it or too much stiction? got 09' 140mm Talas with a tiny bit of scoring of the uppers after about 15 months of use. Are the enduro seals better as resisting upper wear ?

wwaswas

I've fitted them to my (earlier) Talas forks and not noticed much difference.

foxyrider
    Free Member

@WW – notice any benefit over std seals with regards to mud ingress?

wwaswas

well, I only did it about a month ago when I did an oil change and, tbh, haven't dropped the bottoms off to check yet.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well I think if there is little stiction difference I'll order some as I need to replace the seals as I think they are getting contaminated a bit more now 🙂

wwaswas

I got some of their superslick grease at the same time and used that when reassembling, btw.

foxyrider
    Free Member

OK cool 🙂

carlphillips
    Free Member

the enduro seals i got were very hard, so imo would score the stanchions if dirt got in, whats wrong with replacing with softer originals..?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well the dirt gets in with the originals so if the enduro seals are better at stopping the dirt get in then great. I do a seal service every 15-20 hours of riding regardless so I'll give them a go?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I've been running some on a pair of floats for a couple of years now. Not really noticed any increase in stiction but I have noticed they keep the internals cleaner. They run a proper fitting oil seal which I've found to be way better.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers Onzadog – Seals ordered for 2 bikes (some floats as well 🙂 )

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Enduro Seals for Talas'’ is closed to new replies.