Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Election day pondering. Who has the most mayors?
  • midlifecrashes

I only have 3, but friends in the market towns around me manage 4. For example in Bawtry you have:

Mayor of Bawtry

City of Doncaster Civic Mayor

City of Doncaster Elected Mayor

Mayor of South Yorkshire

ampthill

Just one but she is also my wife

Onzadog
    Free Member

One mayor and one police and crime commissioner type thing.

smiffy

None, I think. Unless the Abergavenny one somehow covers us, if they know where we are?

boblo
    Free Member

Our Police Crime thingumybob has been reelected on a 19% turnout. If my maths is right, less than 7% of the electorate voted for him…

gauss1777
    Free Member

Off topic, other than it’s an election day pondering (so sorry).

But, what motivates someone to be a candidate for the monster raving loony party?

funkmasterp

I can understand wanting to be a candidate for them rather than for the conservatives.

Is there a Mayor Maximum or can a town collect them like bling Pokémon?

robertajobb

Not sure which area has the most mayors.

But I’m confident the polls has confirmed which area has the most bigots and racists… The Tees Valley

olddog

West Yorkshire Mayor – who is also PCC.  Leeds has a lord mayor but it’s ceremonial

Clover

France. Every village. And they all have budgets. Local democracy is ‘lively’.

BruceWee

But, what motivates someone to be a candidate for the monster raving loony party?

You know those people who have no personality to speak of so become ‘zany’ in order to be memorable?

Saying that, I admire the MRLP candidates’ level of commitment to not having a personality so I do have a soft spot for them.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.