Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • things that have no place in 2022
  • Houns

Everyday things we should no longer put up with:

1. Fluorescent lights – Take ages to come on, always on the blink, bulbs a pain to dispose of/break easily, noisy.

2. Local news websites – Utter horse****. Take ages to load up, once loaded you have to cancel off many pop-ups before you can even view the page, pages full of adverts, adverts that move about as you try and scroll to view the text, finally find the story you want to read so click on it only to go through the whole process once again. ****e.

IdleJon

Invasions of other countries.

Etonians.

ElShalimo

Sexism

Racism

nickc

Local news websites

They are universally shocking

breninbeener

Tories

Houns

Tories
    Racism
    Sexism
    War

All are a given

cakefacesmallblock

Bike thieves.
    Plastic coffee cup lids.

tall_martin

Meetings

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

2. Local news websites – Utter horse****. Take ages to load up, once loaded you have to cancel off many pop-ups before you can even view the page, pages full of adverts, adverts that move about as you try and scroll to view the text, finally find the story you want to read so click on it only to go through the whole process once again. ****e.

Why not just read twitter or Facebook instead and cut out the middleman?

fazzini

The amount of ‘shaming’ that goes on, on this very forum. 😥

Klunk
    Free Member

rain.

v7fmp

pretending you ‘need’ to eat meat, at the expense of animals lives, welfare and the environment.

Putin.

Littering.

plus all what has been said already.

Pieface

Single use plastics

pondo

Social media influencers

toby

Non-thermostatic mixer showers.

Oh someone three streets away filled their kettle. Better scald / freeze you for a bit.

teaandbiscuit
    Free Member

Cutting in while decorating. Surely we can invent a better way to paint straight lines?

fasthaggis

The narrow gaps on wooden benches.

StuE
    Free Member

Dog owners who don’t pick after their dog or bag it and dump the bag instead of binning it
    Boris Johnson

Houns

Heh Damn right fasthaggis

StuE at the top of my street there’s a dog poo bin, right opposite it 1.5 m away there’s a full dog poo bag hung in a bush

northernmatt

In addition to @StuE – people that let their dogs shit on the pavement outside of schools and then don’t pick it up so you have dodge from side to side so you don’t inadvertently step in a shirehorse worthy mountain of cack.

That and Tories, all of them.

5plusn8
    Free Member

pretending you ‘need’ to eat meat, at the expense of animals lives, welfare and the environment.

Is it Ok to just eat it because you like it? And you don’t care about suffering or the environment?

dovebiker

Q-anon, Anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers and all the conspiracy theory nut-jobs

Media that gives platforms to these people for ‘balance’ without ever questioning the validity of their argument.

Caher

as a grumpy ageing man most of the above plus feedback surveys even if i buy a nail from Screwfix.

sharkattack

Youtubers wandering around trail centre carparks with a selfie stick asking people to like and subscribe to their crappy POV videos so they can hopefully, eventually blag some free product.

welshfarmer

Is it OK to eat meat if it is extensively grazed within the UK, which is far better for the environment than almost all crop production anywhere in the world, where anything other than the crop being grown is killed off with chemicals, there is extensive irrigation, plastic is used to cover thousands of hectares of ground, cheap labour is used in the picking and packing, and transport of the crops from half way round the world is normal?

Just asking

Houns

Yes, similarly I’ll add the constant emails from Amazon and eBay about something I happened to briefly look at, and Amazon recommending things that I’ve already bought

NJA

Cancer
    Dementia
    Parkinsons
    MS

and any other degenerative illnesses that should have been cured by now.

fazzini

plus feedback surveys even if i buy a nail from Screwfix.

That made me chuckle

trailmonkey

Social Media – STW not included obviously

tomhoward

Being forced to read local news websites, apparently.

Houns

As a veggie I’d say it is WF, though sadly I’d guess that’s only a small percentage of meat that’s consumed in the UK

ads678

BBC local news not in HD.

Cougar

Well, colour me astonished. I thought from many posts over the years that adverts and pop-ups only ever happened on STW.

lamp
    Free Member

Child abuse
    Child trafficking
    Modern day slavery

Cougar

Is it Ok to just eat it because you like it? And you don’t care about suffering or the environment?

I’d say that’s a far more valid argument than what usually gets presented, yes.

I couldn’t care less what other people eat. Attempting to justify it by bleating on about teeth or depth perception or any other pseudoscientific whataboutery you care to mention, that’s irritating. You want to eat meat, fill your boots, but for the love of your messiah of choice just shut the **** up about it.

finbar
    Free Member

Speeding. Just put some kind of GPS limiter in cars already.

robvalentine

Millitant Vegans.

PETA shoving leaflets through my door. If they didn’t murder, sorry Euthanise 80% of the animals taken to their shelters I might listen. Then again they once dropped into a twitter convo I was having with a link to an article about what happens to meat in your digestive system. It was describing digestion. They went quiet when I mentioned plants go through the same process.

Might not sound like it, but I have no issues with vegetarianism or veganism.

cheese@4p

Bob Harris and country music in general

colournoise

The amount of ‘shaming’ that goes on, on this very forum. 😥

wordnumb
    Free Member

1. Stuff I don’t like.
    2. Stuff I won’t like tomorrow but can’t be arsed to do anything about today.
    3. Stuff people I don’t like like.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.