Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • e-MTB world champs
  • Premier Icon ayjaydoubleyou
    Free Member

Much as I despise the things when they are a) bimbled on by fatties claiming they are getting a workout, or b) blasting past walkers on bridleways; they do have their place.

Kind of interested to see what happens when you get riders as varied as Absalon, Sven Nys and Jack Reading racing side by side on a world level XC course*, but with decent suspension and tyres selected for their cornering ability, not hill climbing speed.
    Anyone know where I can see some highlights/lowlights?

*If you havent seen one in recent years in real life, the descents are on par with a regional Enduro.

Premier Icon simondbarnes

Well they’ve given us a British world champ 🙂

Premier Icon sharkattack
    Free Member

Imagine earning the right to wear the rainbow stripes for the rest of your life but having to tell people you won it on an e-bike.

Premier Icon Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Imagine earning the right to wear the rainbow stripes for the rest of your life but having to tell people you won it on an e-bike.

Won’t be a problem for Tom as he can pretty much choose what discipline his world stripes are from, he’s already got 4 sets to choose from.

Premier Icon cookeaa

I’ll be honest I did not know Tom Pidcock had gone to Ineos, I do hope they let him carry on racing CX…

As for the “e-bike world championship”, (OK bait taken) it looks riveting, and I’m sure all the participants treated it with the appropriate level of seriousness that such joke events (and sponsor mandated entry?) deserve…

Truthfully this looks like a better excuse to race kit intended for the differently able:

Premier Icon edberwick

I’ll be honest I did not know Tom Pidcock had gone to Ineos, I do hope they let him carry on racing CX…

I was chatting about this with a mate the other day and it seems Tom has resigned himself to this being his last fun year.

We saw him riding the CX at Middlekirke earlier this year and the speed and bikehandling on skinny tyres etc was amazing.

Alas I think he’s going to become a super domestique, potentially winning a few classics etc.. but I’d be surprised if he allowed to ride CX in the winter, it’ll be all training camps which is a real shame. Good news is though Wout Van Aert and and Mattheu Van Der Poel will beriding CX again soon. 🙂

Premier Icon fooman
    Free Member

I heard the top riders take the ebikes over cut off speeds so effectively just heavy mountain bikes for them, they could probably get away with smaller lighter batteries!

Premier Icon RichPenny
    Free Member

Much as I despise the things when they are a) bimbled on by fatties claiming they are getting a workout, or b) blasting past walkers on bridleways; they do have their place.

Best place for mine is elbowing my way past another middle aged IT manager with an inferiority complex, on the way to another glorious KOM. Sometimes I can even manage that whilst eating a pie 🙂

Premier Icon tpbiker
    Free Member

That video makes it look totally rubbish. It looks like it’s just the normal xc course, but on ebikes?? (I got bored and didn’t watch the second half)

Nothing against ebikes tbf, but a world championships seems absolute nonsense.

Premier Icon cookeaa

That video makes it look totally rubbish.

Or maybe it was just rubbish?

Anyway good on the UCI though, at least they weren’t worried about cheapening the title of ‘world champion’ and were ready willing and able to generate some promo content for SBC/Canyon/Giant promote a valuable addition to the world of mountain biking…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.