Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dynaplug spares
  • davy90
    Free Member

Everywhere I’ve looked appears to be out of pointy plugs for bikes until later this month, are the the car kits on eBay the same size?

Cheers

reeksy

I have a car kit and the pugs are the same

Rubber_Buccaneer

That’s handy.  Same as the regular size or the mega plugs?  Or are the car ones in both sizes too?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Bit of a google and the motorcycle kits look like they may be the same as the regular size in the MTB kits, really hard to judge size with any certainty from pictures though

reeksy

This is the one I got:

Dynaplug Pro Xtreme Stainless Steel – Pushys

The plugs are the same as the standard size in the bike kit (but it comes with the tools to work on a car tyre). I was quite pleased with that as I realised if I ran out on the trail i could always get some out of the boot 🙂

desperatebicycle

Car/moto spares here (looks like they would just need trimming down lengthways:

DYNAPLUG PLUGS

or

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Dynaplug/Soft-Nose-and-MegaPlug-Refill-Pack/12KPM  (the all pointy packs are out of stock, but if you’re desperate 😉 )

davy90
    Free Member

Thanks, took a punt on the motorcycle plugs linked above – the worm is longer but the tip looks like its the same size if the 9mm refers to the length not diameter, they are pointier than the bicycle versions, will need to sand off the point or watch the rim tape…. Also not sure if the worm will fit in the tube on my Racer tool. Fingers crossed.

davy90
    Free Member

So the motorbike plugs arrived, longer and pointier than the cycling ones, same diameter rubber worm and same sized brass plug. With a pair of scissors and an abrasive surface I’m comfortable that they can be repurposed.

Thanks for the link.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.