Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • Duff Bags – Is this a scam?
  • mikeh099
    Free Member

Hi, appreciate their was a similar thread on here, but wanted to reinforce the view that this may be a scam.

The product and supporting video sells an excellent bike bike – Duff Monster – however, I like many others placed an orderg and then received nothing. Email excuses explained unusually high demand, but after 8 weeks I cancelled my order and they promised a refund. That was early August and I still have no refund and no bag.

I have used the “Contact Us” link on the site twice in the last week asking if the product is in stock and available for dispatch. No response.

Be warned, do not place an order.

honourablegeorge

Surprised by that, having been a customer in the past, they (he) were ace to deal with, and very quick on email responses.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I got my second Monster earlier this year. An improvement over the first in terms of quality and I was happy with the original. Bag used to transport the bike in the back of the car and store it inside a wardrobe in my flat. I have two duffel / kit bags too.

I am not sure what the refund conditions are, if it where my business and I had ordered stock on the basis of orders I would t give a refund. Is there a promised / contracted delivery time ? Furniture delivery is often quoted at 12-16 weeks. I’m pretty sure Duffbags are ordered from manufacturer as required rather than being stockpiled.

I appreciate others have had problems but I am very happy with mine.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Seems like a daft idea for a ‘scam’.

Drac

Found Duffman spot on when I ordered mine and the bag is great.

psycorp
    Free Member

I am not sure what the refund conditions are, if it where my business and I had ordered stock on the basis of orders I would t give a refund. Is there a promised / contracted delivery time ? Furniture delivery is often quoted at 12-16 weeks. I’m pretty sure Duffbags are ordered from manufacturer as required rather than being stockpiled.

A customer doesn’t have the right to ask for a refund on a product paid for and not delivered in a reasonable timeframe? Remind me not to use your business.

robdob
    Free Member

I am amazed anyone orders any Duff products, it clearly is a business where he takes your money and supplies goods when he can be bothered (if at all). I have no idea why he is defended by people on here when there are clearly huge problems with the business plan he has and the quantity of issues people have had far outweighs any other “problem” supplier that is quite rightly pilloried.

Northwind

I got one a long time ago, back when you actually received the bag you paid for. It’s alright. Don’t think I’d order one of these new imaginary bags though.

bencooper
    Free Member

I am not sure what the refund conditions are, if it where my business and I had ordered stock on the basis of orders I would t give a refund. Is there a promised / contracted delivery time ?

Legally, if a delivery time is not specified at the time of order, then it is taken to be within “a reasonable time”, which is generally assumed to be 28 days.

Doesn’t matter if you have ordered the stock specially and it’s late, that’s a risk you take with this kind of business, it doesn’t cancel out your legal obligations to the customer.

Innes
    Free Member

My order is from November last year, about 10 emails later still no bag.

Stainypants

I ordered one at Christmas completely forgot about it still haven’t received it.

Stainypants

I ordered one at Christmas completely forgot about it still haven’t received it.

tetchypete
    Free Member

I don’t think it’s a scam just a business run by people who had a good idea for a product but no idea how to run a business.

rene59
    Free Member

Jack is a graduate of business studies from Bangor university and Andrew has many years business experience. By the looks of things from their ‘About us’ page they are too busy traveling about and riding their bikes to GAF about delivering what people have paid them for.

tinribz
    Free Member

Ordered mine in Jan, tried to fob me off with a different one in June.

matt_outandabout

Whaaaaaat?
    I can’t believe they take money and don’t deliver for months and months.
    Last email requesting refund and then go to trading standards IMO.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Deserve to be shut down tbf!

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

Well, there’s been no blog update since March, despite regular ones before that.

I would guess they’ve gone bust.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Jujuuk I doubt they gone bust, my guess is its a small business run without much stock with orders placed from manufacturer as they come in, perhaps grouped together which would contribute to delays. I can’t deny the experience of others here is poor and not good for the company reputation but the product is a good one and I don’t see any alternatives.

jamj1974

Northwind – Member
    I got one a long time ago, back when you actually received the bag you paid for. It’s alright. Don’t think I’d order one of these new imaginary bags though.

Same here!

By the looks of things from their ‘About us’ page they are too busy traveling about and riding their bikes to GAF about delivering what people have paid them for.

If that is truly the case, they should be ashamed of themselves.

youngrob

I placed an order in January and have received nothing since, not even an update, despite sending emails and fb messages. I keep forgetting about it and am only reminded by the posts on here. I’m not expecting to get anything now.

toys19
    Free Member

I have a monsterbag and I love it. Even with their supply issues I would order another.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Sounds like the Dave Hinde business model.

Stainypants

I have a monsterbag and its great thats why ordered the smaller version but I’ve given up on ever receiving it and bought a couple of Alpkit Gourdons which are fantastic. If anyone needs a larger bag I’d get something from Lumo.

Nick

Onzadog
    Free Member

Good products but after getting caught up in the mini duff bag debacle it’s now a big fat AVOID from me.

sambob
    Free Member

My first and my warranty replacement have both lasted no more than 2 months of use once a week before throwing their contents all over the floor, I’d avoid.

dknwhy

What alternatives for the monster bag are out there?

Drac
    Stainypants
    davidtaylforth
    Free Member

One of the owners died earlier this year.

Basil

Placed, paid, never received.
    Still surprised that a forum notorious for pitchforks over £10 worth of undelivered 2nd hand pedals (paid by gift ,you fool) has never torched the whole Duffbag business.

Basil

P.S.
    Is this a scam?
    Yes ,just run as inexpertly as the original company

dknwhy

Alternatives to the monster bike bag? The one that holds your bike.

matt_outandabout

Basil – I agree. Stw is normally happy to break out pitchforks. Why the defense of such utterly rubbish practice, and clearly hundreds of pounds of custom?

toys19
    Free Member

davidtaylforth – Member
    One of the owners died earlier this year

That might explain things.
    Its not a scam just a one man band struggling to deal with life. My sympathies.
    l’m gonna order another bag out of solidarity with a fellow human who might be having a tough time.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Coming up for the 1st anniversary of my order, CBA to persue it any more – in retrospect I think it was a forum PSA on a DB offer with the usual “oooh, I’ll buy 10 of them…” type response that started the domino effect of unfilled orders and supply chain issues.

Basil

Very nearly a year since my order. Whilst not wishing to underestimate the effects of a bereavement, a year of not filling an order or any communication is not fair business. The taking my money part of the operation works very well.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Its not a scam just a one man band struggling to deal with life. My sympathies.

pretty easy to put a note on the FB page explaining the difficulties and how they are to be addressed. People get less p1ssed off when they get information.

Drac

While I have sympathies for the loss, some people have been waiting over a year and most with no contact.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Duff Bags – Is this a scam?’ is closed to new replies.