Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Driveway cost?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I have spoken my local council and they want £159 for application plus £155 per square metre that cost alone would be about £700-£850 ish I guess.

They wont/don’t drop the curb until the driveway has been laid, this is not a job I want to do so what costs am I looking at nothing fancy space for 2 cars side by side at the moment its grass with flower bed…

Whats the cheapest without looking rubbish way ? Would love to keep the grass there !

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I have spoken my local council and they want £159 for application plus £155 per square metre

£155/m for what exactly?

Whats the cheapest without looking rubbish way ?

Asphalt, generally. Don’t bother with gravel, it’s just a bodge.

wwaswas

you need to look at rules about surface drainage if you’re converting lawn into a paved surface – they don’t make it easy anymore.

footflaps

Whats the cheapest without looking rubbish way ? Would love to keep the grass there !

You could just lay two narrow paved lengths for the wheels to sit on and leave grass in between / around – depends how easy it is to drive in straight. You could reinforce the grass with the submerged plastic frame stuff which stops car wheels turning it into a patch of mud:

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

£155 per square metre to lay the drop curb etc !

binners

Someone needs a driveway tarmacking?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Driveway cost?’ is closed to new replies.