Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Does this trail have a name by the Dowies/Forest Of Dean????
  • dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Right you do the Dowies come out on first fire road turn right up abit then go left climb abit dont go left down what i call son of Dowies all those bomb holes go straight on and there is a super smooth flowing track few little jumps goes across a fire road then carries on down to the road brilliant.Never done that one before.Does it have a name as alot do around there.Just wondered 😆

Alex

Matt’s trail. Great fun.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers Alex how long has that trail been there?Only noticed it by luck going a different way and went along the fireroad it crossed.Very swoopy excellent trail had to have second go. 😆

davidxbrown
    Free Member

It’s been there a few years with some subtle changes to the the bottom section in its time, ace trail and oh so fast….

mokl
    Free Member

I always call that the Bluebell run. Love it.

fodmtb
    Free Member

It’s had a few names over the year’s Plantation run, matt’s and Bluebell surprise on strava etc. Sure is good fun and fast in the dry. If you look hard enough there are plenty of other great trails within Ellwood’s golden mile.

wilko1999
    Free Member

That trail’s great fun. Easy to get carried away though, which is fine in the dry, but I’ve had a few ‘look where you wanna go, dont look at the tree’ moments when its leafy and wet. Always known it as Bluebell Run

joshbosh12
    Free Member

aaand this is why i wish i knew FOD better, that sounds like great fun but where the hell is it?

fodmtb
    Free Member

[img]http://instagram.com/p/ZyfMh6q3Rh/#[/img]
    Picture

It was looking lovely last week and yesterday 🙂

Trimix
    Free Member

Well the beauty of the FOD is that the more you ride it the more you find. If you knew where all the good stuff was first off you would miss out the fun and experience of discovering it.

psling
    Free Member

The other beauty is that there is always new stuff being created as old trails disappear 8)

joshbosh12
    Free Member

who fancies a ride on saturday? you can guide me 😆

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I noticed Sunday you dont need to walk up the knoll to do the motorbike trail anymore.Nice litte bit passed the green barrier.With the Bluebell trail makes alot of good stuff in quiet a small area over there.
    Trimix very true not many places in this country where new trails keep popping up and you can find old trails.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Does this trail have a name by the Dowies/Forest Of Dean????’ is closed to new replies.