Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Deore 11-51 cassette, loose rivets
  • montgomery
    Free Member

OK, so I have the dreaded loose rivets on a Deore 11 speed 11-51 cassette: the six rivets holding on the three largest cog unit.

Anyone successfully claimed under warranty for this? I bought it about 18 months ago, been using it about a year.

Alternatively, anybody come up with an effective fix?

*Bought Jan 1st 2021 from High On Bikes.

montgomery
    Free Member
    rOcKeTdOg

Anyone successfully claimed under warranty for this? I bought it about 18 months ago, been using it about a year.

yes, pre pandemic shortages though. replaced by Madison straight away

montgomery
    Free Member

Presumably you claimed through the shop, online or otherwise, where you bought it? How long after the purchase? Warranty claims on consumables like drivetrain components, hmm, despite it being a known issue.

montgomery
    Free Member

Quick email response from High On Bikes – no stock but a refund is good to go, so that’s a happy ending.

Is there any sense that more recent Deore 11-51 cassettes have addressed this problem, as it’s a good, cheap(ish) and otherwise durable product?

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i sent back an XTR cassette last week, problem around the the 9th and 8th cogs.
    9th cog snapped off at the rivets, and the 5th snapped at one rivet and totally bent out of position.

wiggle have asked me to return, so will see what happens, less than a year old circa 1000-1200km.
    thankfully merlin had just got the XT/SLX back in stock

wzzzz
    Free Member

Well known issue

I had it mid pandemic, o sent it back to Madison but they had no stock

I replaced with a sunrace in the meantime

Eventually Madison sent me a replacement

Sunrace is still on.

They know all about it so I assume the manufacturing issues are now resolved

kiwijohn

I had an early one come loose, but it’s replacement was fine.

SirHC

Had a creaking XTR M9100 10-45, sent back via the shop, madison sent out a another one, not creaked since.

montgomery
    Free Member

Good to know. I’ve gone for a Sunrace 11-50 in the meantime, but ideally I’d prefer the longevity of steel throughout, rather than the kind of wear I had on my last XT cassette.

I’m too much of a skinflint to enjoy junking a drivetrain on the basis of one cog.

chriscubed

I’ve not heard of this one. Do you have more details? Does it only affect 11-51 tooth cassettes? Are there any specific batches impacted?
    I fitted an slx 11-46 last month…I’m nervous now.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.