Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Decathlon bike trousers
  • zippykona

Anyone have these?
    Does the wind rip through them,are they sweaty?
    34 waist do I need a 3xxxxxxl size as per normal decathlon sizing

Bagstard
    Free Member

Not too sweaty, maybe slightly warmer than shorts, I have size XL, they are a little loose on the waist, but I good fit everywhere else, I’m usually 34 waist. Also have Nukeproof Blackline in size large.

zippykona
    Bagstard
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the ones I was referring to.

FOG

Which ones? There are two sorts, the AM and the Cold Weather. I have both, I know, I know. AM not desperately warm but comfortable and water resistant. I hover between XL and L at about 35″ waist and L is perfect. Cold Weather are thicker and definitely warmer as well as feeling more durable but not been too cold yet to test. Size is L again but looser than the AM

FOG

Beat me to it

1timmy1
    Free Member

I have the AM ones and they are good for the price. Fairly wind resistant, good water resistance and they aren’t too sweaty but more sweaty than shorts. Fit is good, but look at the sizing guide. I’m a 34″ and went with the large as it said and they were right (didn’t think 34″ was considered large!). Let’s see how long they last, so far I’m happy with them.

zezaskar
    Free Member

Really interested, curious about more user experiences particularly comparing to more pricey options

bungalistic
    Free Member

I have both also. I bought the AM in size M (32″) and they are quite snug, quite a stretchy material though so not uncomfortable but you’ll only fit skinny pads underneath. They’ve been used quite a few times, and survived two crashes and overall I like em. They are more splash proof than waterproof but that’s ok with me.

Also bought the cold weather version in size L (34″) definitely a more relaxed fit without feeling too baggy, a bit more room for pads. They do feel warmer than the AM but only have one oddly placed pocket.

With both pairs you need to put pads on first then the trousers, zips up the side of the lower leg would be a nice addition, both for pad add/removal and also just for getting off your legs when they’re wet.

@Bagstard
    How do the Nukeproof trousers compare? I was going to get them but then found the Decathlon ones for cheaper.

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

i have worn the AM version 3 or 4 times, they are great quality for the money, although i wouldnt pay above £60 for them, they could do with more ventilation, but i only wear trousers when its properly filthy out and its just easier to peel off for clean legs on the drive home..

i’m a 34-36 waist, large fit fine, good stretchy material, when wet and muddy my bum slips on my smooth fabric saddle,

and they are quite short, as they ride up, if your legs are over 33″ long they may be too short..

my mate got the winter ones and says they are great, dwr finish so not soaked through, but thats likely before a wash.

vmgscot

Have both and like both. XL with a 37 waist and 6’2.
    Used the winter one’s (ST500) first time this weekend in some wet and windy weather on the hill tops and stayed warm and cosy despite them only being DWR. Both take pads no problem for me (IXS Carve). I would buy both again.

Bagstard
    Free Member

bungalistic, the Nukeproof are a better fit as they are more adjustable, probably run a little warmer and also harder wearing. At the reduced price I would definitely go Nukeproof, but at RRP the Decathlon’s are half the price and well worth a punt.

doomanic

I’m going to buck the trend here and say I don’t rate the Decathlon AMs. I wear 34″ M&S suit trousers and the L is snug around the seat. I’m sending mine back unridden as I just don’t see them being particularly durable and too tight on the leg to get decent pads underneath, if you’re an “always misses leg day” kind of chap you might be ok though. I also don’t like that the waterproof seat is a single thickness panel (and very thin) rather than an extra panel over the base material. The zip is also very short, which will make comfort stops a little difficult.

ianpv
    Free Member

I’ve got the AMs in large and fox flex airs in 34″. To be honest I prefer the decathlons – less flappy fit, spray resistant panels on shins and arse. Bit euro looking, but they’re generally covered in mud. DWR has survived a few washes so far.

Bagstard
    Free Member

doomanic, hence why I’m wearing XL rather than L, also for length. I’ve only worn them twice, but both on wet rides with plenty of puddles, no issue with a wet bum, but not sure how hard wearing they will be.

chrisyork

Thought I’d add n for this too, just got the L and keeping them!

I’m about a 35” waist and 34 in the leg and really impressed with these! Not ridden in them yet but got the fox enduro pads underneath and as id expect they have a race type fit to them, fit nice and snug at the ankles and as per the fashion they come down to the ankles and no longer… anyone who wants nice long trousers that fully cover your ankles that bunch up at the bottom won’t want these, but it’s what waterproof socks are for-to bridge that gap! Looking forward to getting on a ride with them. Was always planning on either some royals, 50/01, pinned attire, fox or something similar but very impressed for the price! They’ve got 3 left in large and more in bigger sizes for anyone interested now. Will review once I’ve had a ride in them!
    All I have are fully waterproof royals so far so will be keen to see how these do in the slop too!

Matt_SS_xc

Mine arrived today. I am always a small, 30″ wasit. They fit but are a bit tighter than i would like. I would order the medium if they had stock.
    The material felt nice, i like the idea of splash proof bum and legs. They feel as nice as my twice the price ion’s. G/f is now very happy with her new riding trousers!!

ads678

I bought a pair after seeing this thread, and they arrived yesterday. Got XL as I’m a buffer, and they fit really nice. They are definitely an athletic cut, well on me any way but very stretchy and comfy.

Gave them a bit of a test last night, and went out for a 45 min very wet canal tow path and road ride. It was lashing down and there was a lot of spay and mahoosive puddles.

I’ve got say I’m pleased with them. Fair enough a full day in the rain and peak District streams is probably past their limits, but after last night ride I was still dry and water was beading nicely on them.

vmgscot

A few weeks now on both the AM and the ST500 (winter) versions and impressed. The ST500’s were superb up on the snowy hills over the weekend and when the cold wind has been biting.

They are in the local seamstress just now for some minor mods – adding a simple 2″ wide elastic cuff to each leg to extend the length (6f2 with 33″ inseam) and close the gap up on the AM’s. Adding belt loops to the ST500 for a trusty snake belt as they have no way to cinch in a bit like the AMs. £10 all in.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Decathlon bike trousers’ is closed to new replies.