• This topic has 44 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by drew.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Deal Extreme slow delivery
  • pinch_flat
    Free Member

So I’m just wondering if I’m the only one experiencing this? I ordered some lights off them on the 26th of October, on the 29th of October the Hong Kong post office registered them as posted, this is the last information I have on my parcel. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a similarly long delay or whether my parcel has got lost somewhere?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

been waiting 14 days now. hopefully lights will arrive any day now…

Scamper
    Free Member

Come to think of it, ordered a replacement battery 3 weeks ago, and almost straight away had the dispatch email. Nothing since.

mintimperial

My last order from them was posted on October 25th, only arrived on Tuesday. So yep, pretty slow.

neninja
    Free Member

My light took 4 weeks to come.

Bizarrely it showed as being posted after only about 4 days but then didn’t register as having left HK for another 2 weeks.

jonb
    Free Member

Mine were ordered on the 25th, left the airport on the 14th.

HAve you gone through to the HKPO tracking service? According to the deal extreme forum the HKPO is slightly overwhelmed as it is getting close to Xmas and lots of chinese goods are goming through.

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Me too, ordered 25/10, dispatched 30/10, still waiting.

I was more inclined to blame our postal service than anything. DX have obviously posted it all out on time.

uplink
    Free Member

I suspect it’s low priority shipping so unless there’s room, it won’t get on the plane
    Given the varying amounts of time it takes to get from China after it’s left DX, it seems a reasonable theory

lostinspace

I ordered some stuff on 16 October. Tracking showed that it left Hong Kong on 7 November and it finally arrived on Saturday (13 Nov)

By the way, I was regularly checking the onward tracking link from HK but it did not show any useful information.

soobalias
    Free Member

the delay is entirely due to STWr’s ordering lights as soon as the clocks go back.

happened last year and the year before to some extent.

dawson

mine arrived yesterday – order placed 17th October, item arrived 17th November

toons
    Free Member

They come by boat so it depends on the pirates\weather

pinch_flat
    Free Member

How are people tracking their parcels other than through the hong kong postal service? As when I track my parcel it simply says that it was posted on the 29th of October, and I see nowhere that tells me whether its sat in an airport

Tiger6791

Ordered on the 4th Nov
    Shipped on the 10th Nov

not holding my breath

Ifrider
    Free Member

Mine were here in 3 weeks :-)

Big-Bud
    Free Member

i ordered mine in june to beat the rush

z1ppy

soobalias – Member
    the delay is entirely due to STWr’s ordering lights as soon as the clocks go back.

happened last year and the year before to some extent.

+1, why does everyone wait until it goes dark before thinking “I need a light”.. FFS ppl use some nouse!
    :-)

EDIT: Big-Bud, I take my hat off to you.. :wink:

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

In my defence, I had a light, but I blew it up, and the rear light has only just become availibibbles innit?

Twin
    Free Member

neninja – Member
    My light took 4 weeks to come.

Bizarrely it showed as being posted after only about 4 days but then didn’t register as having left HK for another 2 weeks.

Same here.

bauchlebastart
    Free Member

Same here
    Ordered 25th Oct. Posted 29th Oct. Nothing since. Royal Mail and Parcel force have no reference of it on their systems, suggesting that it hasn’t even left Hong Kong yet

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

But then I won’t complain, given usign them has saved me in the region of £200. I’ll happily wait a month for that kind of saving.

Gooner
    Free Member

ordered a P7 on 18th October and its still not arrived.
    DealExtreme tell me that the postal system in HK is slow bwcause of Christmas so could I be a bit more patient!

brassneck

Yup, happened to me last year but I was told loudly that I was wrong so there you go. Took around 7-8 weeks in total if I recall right.

Can’t complain about the price saving though.

postierich
    Free Member

Despatched 17/10/2010
    arrived via International special delivery 11/11/2010
    there are problems in various areas within RM due to modernisation revisions.

Rich

Helmet light out on its first outing tonight to run along side the bar mounted light I bought last year!

superfli
    Free Member

Yup, I ordered a bracket on 22Oct, it shipped on 27th Oct, still no show. Emailed them and they say upto 21 working days oh well. it only cost £3.

bigjim

I think it was about 3-4 weeks a couple of years ago. I’ve been waiting for another order a couple of weeks so far, expect another couple as its xmas.

lesoxdh
    Free Member

Not Deal Extreme slow delivery, but i ordered 2 lights of ebay at the sametime for 2 different companys in HK. 1 light turned up 10 days later and the other still to this day has not turned up. I have not been refunded for the missing light, so i order another line from the store which took 10 days at on the 4th Nov. it was sent the next day. Still no delivery. the 1st order was on the 1st of october so over 6 weeks

Tiger6791

Tiger6791 – Member

Ordered on the 4th Nov
    Shipped on the 10th Nov

not holding my breath

Still waiting……

Gooner
    Free Member

ordered 25th Ocyober and it arrived on Monday this week

snaps
    Free Member

Quickest for me was 9 days but slowest was over 5 weeks.

Tiger6791

Proper shonky company…. pays your money and makes your choices I ‘spose

Told me it was shipped 10/11/2010

Just checked:

The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 29-Nov-2010

So somebody is telling fibs or it sits in a room for 3-4weeks

bigjim

There is always a large delay between dx shipping and the post taking them out of hong kong,

AlexSimon

I’ve ordered some stuff from other Hong Kong sellers this last month or two and they’ve all yet to turn up (some after 6 weeks). I haven’t looked into it, but if people say there’s a problem in Hong Kong, I can certainly believe it.
    2 different Hong Kong sellers – both using normal post.

DX orders over £30 normally received within 2 weeks for me. Some cheap orders can take up to 4 or 5.

DezB
    Free Member

Proper shonky company…. pays your money and makes your choices I ‘spose

Told me it was shipped 10/11/2010

Just checked:

The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 29-Nov-2010

So somebody is telling fibs or it sits in a room for 3-4weeks

Same dates as my order, except mine was “shipped” on the 8th and left HK on the 30th. All that technology and they can’t get things on a bloody boat/plane/pedalo.

Morris
    Free Member

I ordered this on 24/10/2010 and received on 01/12/2010.

Lost my biking mojo at the minute so they’re not used and might be on the classifieds later.

Tiger6791

Still waiting, maybe time for an email :|

Still, it’s a gamble

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I wouldn’t worry too much. The postal service is all over the place at the moment. A combination of snow and xmas post.

bigjim

yeah i’m still waiting from october or early november, but we’ve not even had post at the office for a week, so not too surprised.

chojin
    Free Member

It took 4 weeks from “dispatched” to delivery for me, its worth it in the end, the light is awesome! The only problem for me was that I ordered the US version so now I’m waiting for a plug adapter to be delivered before I can charge it! Doh!!

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Took 6.5 weeks for me in the end, can only agree with others that have said ‘order and forget’ is the best policy when buying from DX.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Deal Extreme slow delivery’ is closed to new replies.