Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Dawn Raid! Ard Rock Tickets On Sale Tomorrow!
  • stwhannah

Ard Rock tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning at the rather anti-social time of 6.30am. This is your warning to set your alarm if you’re hoping to …

By stwhannah

Get the full story on our front page at:

Dawn Raid! Ard Rock Tickets On Sale Tomorrow!

We need your support – Find out how you can help by clicking the link below.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

30km with around 2000 metres of combined climbing and descending.

Can you confirm what you mean by this?

Is it just ugly/ overcomplicated phrasing or is it really 1000m up and 1000m down?

SirHC

Full loop last year was 25 miles and 5200ft climbing.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    weeksy

As much as i love the idea…£95 for a ride… That’s a bit strong for me… That’s putting it to £200 for me and the boy without any parking, camping, transport… jeepers.

stwhannah

@thegeneralist I’ve had it confirmed: 1000 up, 1000 down

v7fmp

Me and two buddies will be doing a three prong attach to try and secure tickets!

@weeksy
    – its much more than just that. Festival atmosphere, crowds, music, food, drink, entertainment, demo rides, loads of things to touch, buy, see.

I would almost go as far as saying its the Glastonbury of the MTB world.

But i guess if thats not what someone is into, £95 for a day on the bike is about double what Southern Enduro charge to ride at Millan or QE.

weeksy

its much more than just that. Festival atmosphere, crowds, music, food, drink, entertainment, demo rides, loads of things to touch, buy, see

Ah right, i understand… yeah that’s not really for me. But i can now appreciate why it’s more. We had the same discussion with the Malvern Classic thing, which again if you just want to race, was crazy money… but as an event, is usually seen as good value.

But music, camping, stuff like that, just not really my scene.

JohnnyPanic

Epic course

A mountain bike challenge event on the Ard Rock Enduro course taking in all the timed downhill stages

Does this mean it’s identical to the Enduro course, but on the Friday and with no time to practice?

droplinked

Epic, Enduro, and sport are all the same course. All stages are timed, and you get an overall time for all of them too. They’re just slightly different flavours of the same thing.

-Epic (Friday) – Stage times, and overall times. No practice. Supposed to be a ‘MTB marathon’
    -Enduro (Saturday) – Stage times only, and you get a few practice stages on Friday. Supposed to be the ‘proper enduro race’.
    -Sport (Sunday) – Stage times only. No practice. Supposed to be an enduro race for punters.

You get a mix of abilities and ambitions in all of them.

andybrad

i wonder what the 2 tier camping pricing will be?

mashr

weeksy
    As much as i love the idea…£95 for a ride… That’s a bit strong for me… That’s putting it to £200 for me and the boy without any parking, camping, transport… jeepers.

Given that the boy has 100% DH bikes, there’s £100 saved there. Agree it is very spendy, but I bet it sells out in minutes as they seem to have the hype going in their favour at the moment

tops5
    Free Member

Every year the price goes up but the overall experience diminishes slightly (Entertainment, loos etc). I’m still going though!

DrP

hmmm…i’m torn on this..
    it’s a great race and event, but SOOOO far away, and i’m not convinced it’s more fun that a few days away with teh ‘boyz boyz boyz’ on a self planned trip, tbh

DrP

weeksy

Given that the boy has 100% DH bikes

That’s not exactly true 😃

But that’s a whole other topic

thegeneralist
    Free Member

@thegeneralist I’ve had it confirmed: 1000 up, 1000 down

Ta.
    That is a very weird way of expressing it though. Adding them together…

Gribs

Does this mean it’s identical to the Enduro course, but on the Friday and with no time to practice?

It does but it’s slightly more relaxed and the course is in better condition. I rode it last year and walked up to spectate on stages one and two on the Saturday and they were in far worse condition. With all the rain, videos of Sundays stages looked a mess.

I’m not sure where they get the climbing data from. I recorded 41km and 1500m of climbing and certainly felt it.

lapierrelady

Anyone know how long you have to confirm rider details if you secure tickets? One of our riders is unhelpfully still in the bay of biscay!

scuttler

Last year it WASN’T at the time of purchase, but ultimately I wasn’t the buyer so wasn’t responsible for putting our details in. Previous years you did need to submit at the time of purchase.

Worst case is you could transfer your ticket for free up to five weeks before from Mickey Mouse (in Biscay) to Jonny Briggs (subsequently at home).

jimmy748

IMHO Ard Rock is worth every penny, quality trails you can’t ride any other time, whereas SE are tame trails you can ride any day of the week for free.

mashr

That’s not exactly true 😃

But that’s a whole other topic

Still doesn’t mean that you wouldn’t need a tow rope to get him round a 50km enduro race 😉

fooman

I’ve bought a ticket on pre-entry, once you’ve purchased you get a ‘download tickets’ link and when you click on that you enter rider details same as last year. I’ve not filled them out yet, in fact last year I didn’t until a few days before rider lists were published. BTW don’t panic if you get through the queuing system and all Enduro tickets have gone, they keep reappearing for half an hour after go live as people fail to pay during checkout.

jimmy748

Enduro ticket for Saturday purchased.

Jordan

^^ and me

richardkennerley

Straight into the Sport for me. Upgraded myself to “steady away” instead of “just hoping to make it round” on the grounds of experience 🤣

andybrad

intro here, see you all there

Special_ized_Jamie

Argh I queued from 6:10 and went on at 06:30 and it was already sold out for the Enduro category!

fooman

Enduro and Sprint both went pretty quick this year, I think Sprint was available for hours after go live last year so must be more demand. Keep refreshing the page though tickets come back in ones and twos if you are quick.

TheFlyingOx

Sport for me and BIL, after doing the very first one back in the day. Something to aim towards fitness-wise for the next few months.

marsbarman
    Free Member

Got myself and a mate an Enduro ticket each. I was watching the clock on my phone like a hawk and got it. My mate was about 30s after and didn’t get in.

pisco

Got four Sprint tickets, seems like I was lucky!

TheFlyingOx

Enduro and Sprint both went pretty quick this year,

I’m seeing everything except the Saturday Enduro available.

fathomer

It’s worth checking back as groups all put tickets on their basket and cancel when another in the group also gets them. If that makes sense!

Anyway, me and a mate are in for the Saturday Enduro and the Mrs and 2 friends are doing the sprint.

v7fmp

got me and two buddies Enduro tickets…. well chuffed!

beefy

3 Saturday enduro tickets here. Logged on at 6 and then straight in. Think being on so early helped.

I love the comment someone said “almost the Glastonbury of mtb”

Totally agree, it’s awesome. I don’t like paying to ride my bike but I love Ard Rock. Proper party atmosphere all the way round.

rockhopper70

Reading this right then, it’s only the sprint that will allow a 17yo?

fooman

Reading this right then, it’s only the sprint that will allow a 17yo?

15-17 can do Sprint only, their age in day of event counts, but it’s sold out now.

rockhopper70

Snoozed. Loozed.

rockhopper70

Why would the epic be cheaper than the sprint when it has more riding content?

boltonjon

Fired up the old Glastonbury Ticket buying machine from back in the day!

Enduro entries sold out in 5 seconds but i managed to get 5 entriesfor the Sprint – didn’t want to risk losing those and didn’t think about hanging around for the un-sold enduro entries!

Jordan

Was the queue system working this year? I got it last year so was up at 5.30 in anticipation and kept trying the link expecting to be put in a queue. Eventually at six it told me I was in a queue at no.22, geat thinks I then a few mins later the page refreshed and told me it was my turn so I clicked the link which just took me to a not on sale yet page. Kept refreshing and at 6.15ish it did the same. So just kept occasionally refreshing the page until I did it again the second my PC said 6.30 and got straight in.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.