Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Dashcams.
  • BadlyWiredDog

If they can catch me, I probably will be 😉

Typical dashcam user comment. Says it all really. Disgusting sentiment.

perchypanther
    Free Member

You do know that I wasn’t serious, right?

I did a winky face and everything

BadlyWiredDog

You do know that I wasn’t serious, right?

I did a winky face and everything

I don’t think making light of what is essentially, pure evil, is an excuse, mate. As one of the posters on here who people look up to, I’m double disappointed that you’d resort to the whole ‘I used a smilie’ bilge. It’s the internet equivalent of crossed fingers behind your back.

It’s pretty clear that the majority of dashcam users are unreconstructed hooligans. You only have to look at the YouTube footage to see that – where are the videos of safe driving within the speed limit? If you’re so safe, why not post some footage of responsible driving, eh?

franksinatra

It’s pretty clear that the majority of dashcam users are unreconstructed hooligans. You only have to look at the YouTube footage to see that – where are the videos of safe driving within the speed limit? If you’re so safe, why not post some footage of responsible driving, eh?

Posted 2 minutes ago

Because that isn’t interesting to watch.

That is a very odd post. What even is a unreconstructed hooligan?

DezB
    Free Member

Lordy.

matt_outandabout

Now we’re making progress. Where is surfmat?

BadlyWiredDog

What even is a unreconstructed hooligan?

What I was trying to point out is that this sort of behaviour harks back to a previous era and there’s a huge irony that it’s actually being facilitated by dashcams, which are misleadingly sold as an aid to road safety.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I don’t think making light of what is essentially, pure evil, is an excuse, mate

I am neither pure evil, or as far as I am aware, your mate.

As one of the posters on here who people look up to

They really shouldn’t. I’m not a good example.

I’m double disappointed that you’d resort to the whole ‘I used a smilie’ bilge. It’s the internet equivalent of crossed fingers behind your back.

I genuinely didn’t think I had to. Have you ever read any of my posts? I’m not exactly noted for taking things seriously.

It’s pretty clear that the majority of dashcam users are unreconstructed hooligans. You only have to look at the YouTube footage to see that

No, it’s pretty clear that the majority of people who post footage of themselves on Youtube driving like lunatics are hooligans.

Based on my own, admittedly anecdotal, experience and having had a conversation  about this very subject with the  bloke in Halfords who sold me my dashcam, I’d  instead postulate that the majority of dashcam users are actually nervous pensioners. They just don’t post on Youtube all that much.

For the avoidance of doubt and as I’ve previously stated on this thread I have found that my dashcam moderates my already sedate driving by making me think twice about what I’m doing. Like everyone who’s ever driven a car, I occasionally make questionable judgement calls whilst driving and now I tend to more cautious than perhaps I would have previously been. It’s like being followed everywhere by a police car. This is a good thing.

DezB
    Free Member

As one of the posters on here who people look up to

Now who’s being funny?!

Imagine having to explain yourself in that much detail. Very admirable 😉

BadlyWiredDog

This has all gone slightly surreal.

Mister-P
    Free Member

How tall are you Perchy?

perchypanther
    Free Member

70 inches.

I’m all about the inches.

stumpy01

franksinatra – Subscriber

What even is a unreconstructed hooligan

You know those deconstructed cheesecakes or crumbles they make on Masterchef? Kinda like that.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I seem to be in a minority here again . I have a dash cam to be able to use as evidence in case I have any kind of accident because so many drivers seem to be rather dishonest when they risk losing their no claims bonus or getting points or a prosecution . It doesn’t affect how I drive in the slightest and I have no interest in posting any video of me driving on youtube . I am amazed that all new cars don’t have them as standard to be honest .

Kryton57

It’s the internet equivalent of crossed fingers behind your back.

Apart from the fact its in plain sight?

trail_rat
    Free Member

I want some of what bwd is smoking.

I read his first post and assumed he was trolling then he tried to pull a moral guilt on perchy….

Top work for the new year lads.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

What even is a unreconstructed hooligan

It means “I have no idea what I’m talking about and just made this up but used a big word that I don’t really understand so that you’ll think I’m dead clever and it must be true.”
    It’s also a notification of an upcoming Edinburgh defence

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I want some of what bwd is smoking.

I read his first post and assumed he was trolling then he tried to pull a moral guilt on perchy….

Top work for the new year lads.

yeah, but he made perchy post something verging on the serious. Awesome.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

New Xiaomo mai70 pro is very well priced…

perchypanther
    Free Member

but he made perchy post something verging on the serious

[Edinburgh] I was only joking though.[/Edinburgh]

legend
    Free Member

You don’t even like Edinburgh

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve never been to Edinburgh. You can check my dashcam footage for confirmation. My YouTube channel is called Mad Skidz and Do-Nuts.

BadlyWiredDog

yeah, but he made perchy post something verging on the serious. Awesome.

Yes, I found that alarming. I had no idea he had a serious side. It’s very well hidden though, only shows on dashcam. Truthfully it made me a little sad in a way I don’t quite understand. Like discovering one of your heroes is only human after all. I regret it all now.

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m still wondering if BWD has only just discovered the Internet, whether he’s just trolling or whether he’s just got completely the wrong end of the stick of PP’s posts?

BadlyWiredDog

I’m still wondering if BWD has only just discovered the Internet, whether he’s just trolling or whether he’s just got completely the wrong end of the stick of PP’s posts?

I haven’t been here long, it’s true.

charlielightamatch
    Free Member

I don’t think making light of what is essentially, pure evil, is an excuse, mate.

Pure evil? You need to get out more.

Err the ones I’ve watched are people driving normally and having, or nearly having, crashes through no fault of their own.

It means “I have no idea what I’m talking about and just made this up but used a big word that I don’t really understand so that you’ll think I’m dead clever and it must be true.”

😂

puffingbilly
    Free Member

I am interested in the nextbase 512 with the rear camera but whilst it is wireless I assume it still needs power from somewhere?

Holyzeus
    Free Member

^^ Been looking at this model myself but it appears the rear camera isn’t available yet.
    When you say wireless? It does to be connected for power yes

firestarter
    Free Member

Holyzeus I’ve been looking at that as well they have the rear in halfords apparently, it’s that or the duo with might be slightly simpler tbh

DezB
    Free Member

I haven’t been here long, it’s true.

I remember you back in your grumpy days…

Holyzeus
    Free Member

Firestarter, didn’t realise the rear is now out.
    Think it’ll be a far better video using the dedicated rear one and it’s quite cheap

northernsoul

Many dashcams never record much of interest and are never used (in anger at least 😜), but you never hear about those! Those that do, catch great footage like this:
    Hazmat Highway to Hell

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t know much about transporting gas canisters. But I do know you don’t do it like that.

northernsoul

The flying cylinder at 2:50 is my favourite bit, but it’s also funny how many vehicles drive up and then swiftly reverse. The driver escaped (just after the accident).

But I do know you don’t do it like that.

I think that’s part of the reason dash cams are widely used in some parts of the world (Russia in this case) – rules either don’t exist or aren’t adhered to (for both commercial and private vehicles), and insurers won’t pay without evidence.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Dashcams.’ is closed to new replies.