Home Forums Chat Forum Crisps that never disappoint.

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)
  • Crisps that never disappoint.
  • jon1973
    Free Member

At the risk of being slated, I’m going to say sour cream and onion Pringles. Less controversially, cheesy puffs*.

*I know that neither of these are strictly crisps

Suggsey
    Free Member

Walkers sensation smokey Mexican chipotle crisps…..addictive joint favourite with the good old Walkers Tomato Snaps

joolsburger
    Free Member

Smiths Twisters in flaming hot flavour, newish but just right.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I’ll probably be flamed for these choices:

Pickled onion Monster Munch
    Cheese Quavers
    Scampi & Lemon Nik Naks
    Paprika Bugels – hard to get over here.

binners

Oooooooooo they sound interesting Joolsburger. How do they compare to the benchmark of flaming hot – Monster Munch?

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

These, however are probably the worst. Tasteless and yet when you put one into your mouth the flavouring powder immediately gets into the back of your throat and makes you cough like you’re huffing on a vaccum cleaner bag.

Whatever the hell it is that they put on the wretched things could easily be uses for riot dispersal.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Binners – They are equally tooth filling in texture being a corn puff not a potato snack, very flaming hot, generally all good and 39p a pack.

I love them, they are unpretentious snack food, not like some of these twice fried, salted by virgins and flavoured with saffron 3 quid a bag nightmares.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Ironically Smoky Bacon Walkers are veggie friendly. Pity they’re minging!

Are you sure? Seem to remember liking them but being disappointed since read they had real pig dust shaken in them? Am sticking to pork scratchings.

*edit*. Yep (from Tesco online – bla edits mine)

Potatoes, Sunflower Oil (24%), Rapeseed Oil, Smoky Bacon Seasoning, Smoky Bacon Seasoning contains: Dried milk, bla bla bla Norfolk Dried Pork Shoulder

Walkers range not suitable for vegetarians

Cheese and onion used to use rennet, which was a pain for veggies, but now they see, to have gone ‘the whole hog’, boom-cha 🙁

Cougar

until recently when they started putting animal products into them.

First I’ve heard about that. Which ones?

I’ve half a memory that it was the case years ago; something random like the meat-flavoured ones being veggie but cheese & onion (or something similar) not being. Far as I knew, they’ve all been veggie-friendly for ages?

binners

Cheers Joolsburger. They’re going on the shopping list then, for sure. I know what you mean about poncey crisps. Theres something life-affirmingly, spirit-soaringly wonderful about ravenously diving into a huge bag of roast beef Monster Munch, that something featuring the word Artisan on the packaging just isn’t going to deliver

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

joolsburger
    Free Member

Damn right you know these aren’t getting dipped in yoghurt and mint

slimjim78
    Free Member

was never a fan of McCoys, until I chanced across a packet of Thai Sweet Chicken flavour.
    These somewhat ‘rarer’ McCoys never fail to have my lips smacking.

Agree with all monster munch shouts, takes me back to vending machines during trips to the swimming pool on school days out. Time machine crisps.

Nik-Naks nice’n’spicy flavour however, they’ve done something wrong to them and they now no longer hit the spot.

_tom_
    Free Member

Monster Munch Flamin’ Hot.
    Walkers Worcester Sauce.
    Sensations Thai Sweet Chili

the king of crisps for me is Kettle Chips Buffalo Bleu though. I haven’t found them in the UK yet.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Walkers Ready Salted – simplez

Cougar

Walkers range not suitable for vegetarians

Wow. That’s good to know, thanks for the link.

chvck
    Free Member

Brannigans Beef and Mustard FTW

Going to have to disagree there, the mustardy-ness of them has noticeably decreased and they just don’t have that oomph anymore.

colournoise

+1 for flaming hot and pickled onion Monster Munch.
    Walkers salt & shake.
    Tyrrell’s vegetable crisps.
    And from left field, Aldi Belight ready salted.

bearnecessities

Fall into the niche crisp category, but very very nice. Good honest crunch of a bit of potato that’s been sliced, fried & seasoned.

_tom_
    Free Member

Convivial? FFS.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

These.

thebrowndog
    Free Member

And these.

Rich_s

Pffft. Walkers sensations poppadums. Coriander and lime chutney. 2 words: div ine

bearnecessities

They’re pub crisps. You shove them in your gob and swill some ale, not critique their marketing!

Agreed though, odd word to use. Never noticed.

wiggles
    Free Member

Are there really so many veggies surprised that their walkers meat flavour crisps have meat in?

On a related note, very disappointed with the aldi pringles i just opened.

Cougar

Are there really so many veggies surprised that their walkers meat flavour crisps have meat in?

Well, it’s pretty unusual, in the UK at any rate. Most crisps are veggie-friendly.

redthunder
    Free Member

redthunder
    Free Member

These are Ok…but loads of the 🙂

redthunder
    Free Member

and any tortilla snack 🙂

hounslow
    Free Member

Frazzles.

bearnecessities

^^ Good call.

Not much beats a frazzle sandwich with lots of butter between 2 sliced of dirty white bread.

CountZero

Accept no substitute. Should be eaten with a quality pint, to calm down the tingling tongue.
    Well, that’s my excuse, anyway.

croxs

tyrells

Jamie
    Free Member

I broke my cardinal rule, never stray from the holy trinity of Salt/Vinegar, Prawn Cocktail & BBQ, and bought a la-dee-daa flavour today.

They are rubbish.

slimjim78
    Free Member

So I devoured a pack of Beef Monster Munch today – the flavour is still there (delicious) but it feels like the recipe has changed making them more crunchy and harder on the soft pallet.

Probably a switch to a ‘healthier’ cooking oil or something, but for me, not as legendary as before.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Them Aldi sea salt and cider vinegar crisps. Proper strong flavour decent with an ale or three

myti
    Free Member

Don’t get kettle chips or similar rock hard crisps. Hurt your mouth and the flavors trend to be too strong.
    Love walkers sensations thai sweet chilli but for fake crisps any flavour of monster munch, quavers, wotsits!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Friend found this in a packet of Kettle Crisps 😯

Viewing 38 posts - 41 through 78 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Crisps that never disappoint.’ is closed to new replies.