Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • CRC “Bulky tracked delivery” courier roulette?
  • davosaurusrex

CBA to type out the post that disappeared into the forum ether when I hit send – any idea who they use for bike deliveries? Tracking number provided not working with the ones they list

russyh
    Free Member

The have been using my Hermes recently haven’t they!

snotrag

You will be pleased to know that last week I came  back from a weekend away to find £450 of Mavic wheels in a box, no label, no postcard, no information, just sat on my FRONT step, in full view of the street. I was very, very tempted to feign ignorance and ask CRC where my wheels were.

Yodel.

I am disappoint,  and seriously considering whether I’ll be using CRC again. Anything but Yodel.

I have told them this too.

psycorp
    Free Member

Might be worth check that they have actually sent it.

My last CRC order I was sent the tracking number days before the courier had actually picked up the parcel so the tracking number wasn’t recognised on the courier website.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Had the same with Yodel the other day. First time ordering from CRC in ages. And same. Left on the front step.

geex
    Free Member

Why moan here? Speak with CRC on live chat. They’re very helpful.
    I’m expecting a “Bulky tracked delivery” today and have been advised it will be with me between a specified 2hr window this afternoon.
    the courier is Express Freight.
    You can’t track the delivery online but you can phone them

z1ppy

Dave when I order my bike none of the tracking worked so I emailed them and got this reply:

“These are placed on a Signed for service rather than a Tracked service as these bikes are unable to be transported via plane meaning they cannot be tracked by the customer.

These will be will be delivered on a 3-5 working day service”

and TBF to them, it arrived on the 5th day

davosaurusrex

Cheers Paul – was that 5 days from shipping notification?

ta11pau1

Was this all for delivery in the UK? Ordered a bike this morning and I’m hoping that it’ll come by the weekend, might be pushing it a bit though :/

davosaurusrex

Ebike which come land freight apparently, think normal bikes may be air freight but takes a couple of days for them to check them before sending so borderline for the weekend I reckon.

Heard back from them, hoping to have mine by Friday, ordered last Friday

geex
    Free Member

Sounds about right

z1ppy

5 days after my order confirmation, ordered on a Sunday, with me on the following friday PM. Not sure I’d expect the 2 days over the weeked to be included in that 5 day timescale.

Edit: Yeah I’d have thought it would be with you by Friday,having ordering it last friday

davosaurusrex

Cheers. Mine is going from NI to the courier in Scotland today or tomorrow so I reckon Thursday at best. Aaaaargh, good weather is finally here! Want bike!!!!!

Patience grasshopper, patience. Wax on, wax off.

geex
    Free Member

Where are you Dav?

davosaurusrex

South coast

ta11pau1

So I got my ‘order dispatched’ email yesterday morning, got a parcel force bulky 48 tracking number which is sitting at ‘”advised” – if they sent it yesterday I’d expect parcel force to have received it in their system by now… :/

cp

So I got my ‘order dispatched’ email yesterday morning, got a parcel force bulky 48 tracking number which is sitting at ‘”advised” – if they sent it yesterday I’d expect parcel force to have received it in their system by now… :/

After CRC send out the ‘despatched’ email, stuff seems to sit in crc’s loading bay for 2-3 days before they hand it over to the courier. It’s a lottery though, sometimes it’s quick, but more often there’s a delay.

ta11pau1

Ahh ok, hopefully it’ll start moving soon. I imagine they probably book loads of bike deliveries over a few days then get them all collected at once. Fingers crossed with it being a Friday they’ll do a collection run tonight 🙂

davosaurusrex

If anyone is interested for ebikes at least they use Express Freight in NI but then it gets handed to Tufnells on the mainland. I found this out after phoning 3 different courier companies yesterday. Once I’d called Tufnells they were very good.

Brand X post was DOA as CRC had shoved it down as far as possible into the tube for packing and kinked the cable so spent last night sorting that out instead of riding. Had to go about before 5 this morning instead, it was mint!

ta11pau1

Mine is currently sat 16 miles away at the local parcel force depot, will be delivered on Monday. I did ring and ask if I could collect but I can’t as they have to attempt one delivery before a customer can collect 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘CRC “Bulky tracked delivery” courier roulette?’ is closed to new replies.