Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cove stiffe travel?
  • danflowbiker
    Free Member

i have a cove stiffee and want to build it up as a total play bike. i have other bikes for doing distance on.
    do you think a 160 fork would be to much ?
    cheers dan

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whats your definition of a 'play bike'?

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Yes, 160mm is too much. Tried pikes, z1fr 150mm, 36 talas, and maxle 120mm rebas. Probably best with pikes or similar.

GeForceJunky

I beg to differ. I once had a Stiffee as a play bike and it rode like a dream for freeride, but was definatly more downhill than 4x style. Don't know what the HA was, but it rode very simlar to my SC Bullit with the same forks … all 170mm of 2005 extra tall 66RC goodness.

danflowbiker
    Free Member

nice one guys. the bike is just being built up to play at the lecht so need to be able to ride it there and then chair lift to the top then throw myself down it. me thinks it is gona be a nice little toy!

MrAgreeable

Terrible idea IMO, they have a slack h/a and a high BB already with 130mm forks. It might punt off stuff OK, but it'll corner like an agoraphobic giraffe on stilts.

Janesy
    Free Member

I have mine with 140mm revs – works well. I may even take the spacer out and get them to go 150 for my morzine trip.

danflowbiker
    Free Member

well iv ordered the forks so i will give an up date at the end of the week wen its built up. may evan include a pic.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

dan…

If i aint sold my Burgtecs by the 6th mate £200 posted you can have them mate …

superdan

running mine with 160mm 55s at the minute, and its great (compared with the 140mm Pikes ive just moved onto my new Meta 4X frame)

Little on the slack side, but totally rideable in the lakes both up and down, just having to run them a little harder than I would on a full sus to keep the whole thing taut for jumps

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cove stiffe travel?’ is closed to new replies.