Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Cotic Rocket Sizing
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

Tempted to get one of the older models now that they are discounted but wasn’t sure on sizing. I’d usually go medium in size for most things but the large has that little bit of extra reach that might be nice.

I’m 5’8″ so could probably get away with a large, anyone around my height that rides one in large?

nixie

There was a thread about this a few days ago. I’m 6’2″ and ‘just’ sneak into XL territory.

kelvin

5’10” and a bit… on a large, 35mm stem, 150mm reverb slammed as low as possible.

sprocker
    Free Member

I am on a flare which is similar reach wise, I am on a large at 6 1 with 50mm stem. Tried the long trend and prefer something bit shorter. I have a 170mm dropper which is not slammed.

mintimperial

I’m 5’10 on a medium with a 35mm stem and 150mm dropper. It fits me great and rides brilliantly. I’m not that bothered about the recent craze for riding super-long barges though. Cy and co know their stuff, why not drop them a line and ask?

kayla1
    Free Member

I’m 5’8″ and I had a medium for a bit and found it a bit too big. I ride a small BFe though, and I tend to prefer smaller/shorter bikes.

bungalistic
    Free Member

I did look for a thread but couldn’t find it. Basing size on my old airdrop which is similar in reach and toptube length but shorter in seat tube.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m 5’10”, ride a large. I like a frame that’s a bit on the big side but I wouldn’t want mine any bigger  I’d say for your height you should be on a medium.

colournoise

5’6″ on a small. Could probably do with a tiny little more reach, but would have thought 5’8″ on a medium would be about right unless you have proper gorilla arms?

bungalistic
    Free Member

Not exactly gorilla arms but usually find most frames around the 430mm reach feel too short. The new rocket is even longer and I’d probably buy a medium in that. I’ll drop Cotic a message too.

kayak23

5’7″ on a medium.

spev

I’m 5’10” on a large, 150mm brand x dropper at its lowest and it fits me, I have gorilla-ish arms and legs though. Where are you? if you are near Swansea then your welcome to sling a leg over mine, if not I can go measure the standover height for you in the morning if that helps?

martinkiely
    Free Member

5’11” on a large with a 50mm stem, and a 125mm Reverb, which is too short – longish arms and legs – fits me like a glove. Would have thought at 5’8″ a medium would be better – again depending on where you are, you’re welcome to try mine for size

JonEdwards
    Free Member

5’10” on a 26″ medium here with 55mm stem. I’m pretty much the default proportions for medium fit – not been a Cotic yet I can’t just jump on and its “right”.

Paul @ Cotic is 5’9″ and rides smalls, but he likes a pretty upright position.

5’8″? Medium at longest I would think. Equally a small would work.

Give them a shout and talk it through. They’re pretty good at getting you on the right machine

cbr9
    Free Member

5’9 on a medium, 35mm stem. For me it is perfect!

bungalistic
    Free Member

Might have to try a medium too if any ex demo ones turn up

martinhutch

I’m 5ft 7ins and am on a medium flare. I wouldn’t want it any longer (I am short of arm).

chiefgrooveguru

Isn’t it back length, not arm length, that determines preferred reach?

That’s partly based on me being long of both leg and arm, and preferring bikes of moderate reach for my height. I’m on the medium/large chap on most size charts but for better on the smaller size with a short stem and wide bars (for the long arms).

cy

Morning all! In the original geometry, you want a medium at the very biggest. The large really is the limit for people around 5ft 10in due to the standover height. Sam the Demo Man is 5ft 7in and runs a medium with a 50mm stem, but he is quite long of back. I’d say get a medium and use the shortest stem that will make you comfortable. We have 35 and 45mm Cotic stems in stock. Drop us a line or give us a call if you want to chat.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Cheers Cy, standover height and seat tube height was my main concern, the longer reach on the large wouldn’t be an issue as it’s similar to what I have ridden previously.

I’m just waiting to see what ex demo frames come up for sale now as all the mediums have been sold from the older stock.

cy

There won’t be a frame, but the complete ex-demo medium Rocket will be up for sale with all the others next week just as soon as we can take pictures of them. Drop us an email if you’re interested in the complete bike. We won’t be splitting the bike though, sorry.

andybrad

Im currently riding a medium MK10 liteville

would a small rocket suit?

in 5ft 6

and would it be a significant upgrade over the liteville?

this is the one ive got (but with 150 forks and offset bushes) i cant see the info on the old rocket?

andybrad

anyone, dont want to miss out on a potential bargain

vincienup
    Free Member

5’6” should work on a ‘small’

When I was looking closely at these last year, Cy’s advice to me was that particularly for the Rocket not to size up in search of longer frames.

Can’t help on whether it’s an upgrade from the Liteville or not though, you probably need to answer that yourself. What are you hoping to improve over your current bike?

andybrad

tbh the ability to run the same rubber F+R it rides brilliantly.. Its costing me in slashed rubber on the rear. The ability to rotate tyres would be nice.

Icant see the geo for the old one?

andybrad

Also do you think a ML tune monarch would work with it or does it need a MM it being single pivot?

cy

That medium is somewhere between the small and medium on the Rocket, so depends on what you want from the bike. Those Litevilles are bloody lovely. For specs on the previous generation bike go to http://www.cotic.co.uk/product/rocket275#sizing and you’ll see the geometry tables.

Can’t help with Monarch tuning as we don’t use thrm or work with them. The bike has about 20% progession rate sk the shock won’t need loads of ramp up. Best bet is to try it and then see if you want to change anything.

andybrad

superb cheers,

ill get the wifi onto it. If shes had a good day it could be a goer 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Cotic Rocket Sizing’ is closed to new replies.