Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Converting a rear Hope Pro 2 to Evo spec – possible ?
  • Yet1man

Hi.

I’ve got a Hope rear hub that the bearing are shot, I’ve also got a new Evo freehub body, now by my understanding, this should fit the non-Evo hub body (?) but will necessitate the changing of the hub body bearings (which I’ve got to do anyway !) and the fitting of the Evo 12mm axle.

My primary question is – will the non-Evo hub body take the (larger ID) bearings that are fitted to the Evo model bubs ? Is the transformation using a non-evo body to Evo spec possible ? (I’m hoping to do this to allow easier change between axle types, when swapping between bikes)

Any help or advice welcome.

Cheers

Michael

100mphplus
    Free Member

The hub bearings are the same in both models, to convert a Pro 2 to Pro 2 Evo Spec you need a new axle HUB229, 2mm Spacer HUB436 and end adaptors to suit your frame.

It’s the bearings in the freehub that are different, larger ID to suit the larger od axle.

I know this for Def as I’ve just converted 2 No Pro 2 Hubs to fit a new XD freehub to them.

Yet1man

Hi.

Thanks for the information, that’s exactly what I want to hear :0)

The 2mm spacer, is that the one behind the freehub ? Do I need that if I’m transferring from one freehub (Pro 2) to the Evo version or can I reuse the spacer thats already in there ?

Cheers

Michael

Liftman

What’s the benefit of the evo over the normal pro II ?

drew

You need a new one with a larger diameter to accomodate the evo axle.

Northwind

Liftman – Member

What’s the benefit of the evo over the normal pro II ?

Easier to swap axles, and it fixes the 12mm problem. Not sure if there’s anything else tbh!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Aren’t the bearings in Evo hubs stainless steel?

Aside from that, I can’t think of any practical difference.

drew

The axle in the evo rear hub has a larger external diameter (I think)which means that if you’ve got a maxle it’s less likely to snap (the axle that is). And yes, I have been drinking!

100mphplus
    Free Member

The new Evo has standardised the axle too, before there were 4 Diff axles,(12mm bolt thro, 10mm bolt thro, QR & 10mm bolt in) now there are only two and the end adaptors govern the drop out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Converting a rear Hope Pro 2 to Evo spec – possible ?’ is closed to new replies.