Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Commuting bikes/Bikes with panniers/racks – Show me yours :-)
  • RichieBoy
    Free Member

Or the guy that levelled the rack….

mkaye93
    Free Member

My freshly built surly disc trucker. Just about ride it everywhere, work, days of and carting around.

P1030814 by cyclerecycle, on Flickr

P1030818 by cyclerecycle, on Flickr

P1030816 by cyclerecycle, on Flickr

labsey
    Free Member

Here’s the commuter. Despite being a certified piece of crap, it does get me to work and back without complaining. The panniers are Avenir. Cheap but good enough. The fabric cover between the panniers which I currently use for collecting mud can be used to zip a rucksack to. Pretty versatile.

Bike

flyingmm

Great for commuting, bikepacking, carrying my daughter on a rear rack seat whilst loading her teddy on the front rack. Recently fitted an anything cage in place of the standard bottle cage (and cheaper than a frame bag) to fit random extras

flyingmm

Oh, and weighs a rather portly 35lb but once moving, it has the momentum of the flying scotsman!

csb

Is that an Old Man Mountain front rack fltingmm? I’m looking at one but doesn’t seem to be much clearance.

trail_rat
    Free Member

new commuting bike with mudguards and rack 😀

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yes also, what is that front rack & what is an anything cage, Mr flyingmmm?
    I have a mmmbop commuter, I like yours best on this thread 🙂

flyingmm

@csb, it is an OMM Sherpa Front Rack and you are right, it has limited clearance but I’ve never found that a problem. Doubles up as a mudguard but recently added a muckynutz to the fork to fill the gap that was resulting in crud flying into my eyes.

I can happily fit a 13L alpkit drybag on the front and I use the fork grips rather than the brake bosses to secure the rack and works a treat. Great service from carradice too.

@ooOOoo thanks for the vote 😀 Here is the said item Salsa Anything Cage. I can fit one either side of the ogre fork that came with the bike as well

footflaps

My commuter. Don’t use panniers with it though, just stuff things on the rack and use a courier bag.

On-one Il Pompino (My commuter) by brf, on Flickr

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Nice one flyingmmm, 2 cool bits of kit I hadn’t seen before 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Commuting bikes/Bikes with panniers/racks – Show me yours :-)’ is closed to new replies.